New baby and post birth advice #49 IT WAS JUST A NORMAL SIZE SH*T

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for all the weaning reccos! My friend gave me a couple of books so should have a read of them too, I’ve got the freebies from Ella’s kitchen too.
LO will be 5 months next week, considering starting slightly earlier as he just refuses his bottle constantly. I’ve ordered the book someone mentioned about bottle aversion so hoping that turns up asap 😩

Reactions: 1
Waited til 2 and still hadn’t heard from HV so called the GP and had a telephone appt. They had the results of the blood test, no allergy to milk, wheat or soya and slight allergy to egg white. They’ve put the referral to the correct dept at the hospital but said they often refuse referrals so to wait and see. I should hear back by 6-8 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@Ro98 Baby wotsit took his first normal sized bottle today!!!!! Pleassee let this be him coming outta this!!!

Just about tp turn 5 months... i keep seeing babies sitting unaided at this age. Baby wotsit is far from...... google says fine.... but of couse im questioning
My little one is just over 7 months and in the last week has only started sitting unaided for a maximum of a minute in one go before toppling. None of the babies in my antenatal group were sitting unaided before 6.5 months so don't worry!

Reactions: 2
Spent a lot of time today trying to get baby Nellie breastfeeding more. Started off good but then she’s just been screaming and crying at my boobs again and just generally upset. Got so carried away with trying to breastfeed I lost track of my pumping so I’ve just about got enough milk to get us through til morning - does anyone else get milk anxiety around pumping? I panic if I’m more than 2 feeds worth behind 😂
I did, it's part of the reason I made the switch to mainly formula tbh. Also the massive crying tantrum I had when I dropped a bottle didn't really help my cause to keep going with it...

ETA re: weaning. Another one here who is petrified. I'm not worried about him choking so much (I work in a hospital and whilst I'm pretty fecking useless in an emergency I have some decent paeds first aid training, lol) but I just can't figure out how I keep track of what I've fed him, quantities etc. I've got a wall chart for the different foods from etsy ready but it's so overwhelming.

We sat him in his high chair yesterday and tried him with a little bit of avocado, he just looked at it and slammed his hand/arm into it for five minutes 🙃 so.,.. not really ready yet.

• Heart
Also on the weaning, I’ve signed up for the weaning kit too but find a lot of it overwhelming! I want to do a mix of BLW and purées. I read that it takes them ten times to get used to a taste?

Random moan but does anyone find unless you go out you just waste a day? I fed her at 7ish then we both napped on the bed till 10 🥴 then if we’ve got nothing to do I find i don’t get dressed for ages and get stuck in a feeding/entertaining loop until she naps. Yesterday we had to go out at 10 and I was like a superhero.
Yes! Physically I feel like I need a day with no plans cause I get fatigued and achey joints but I end up so bored and unproductive. I have nothing on tomorrow and I’m dreading it.
---
Does anyone use the wonder weeks app? Apparently my baby is in leap 4 and oh man… I never normally take notice and don’t focus on it too much but wow I am done in
I do! We’re just coming to the end of that leap and it’s definitely been the most stressful and exhausting weeks of his life. Coming out the other side now and he’s just a bundle of fun, although has developed a temper if he drops things/can’t reach what he wants 😫😂

• Heart
when we started weaning we were offering purée and finger foods to see what he preferred (you can see how to serve things on solid starts and it’s great!), he seems so uninterested in purées or anything too mushy, I tried to give him weetabix for breakfast for the first time today and all he wanted to do was shove his hands in it 🙃🥲 he did at least shove his fingers in his mouth and decide it was disgusting though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’ve just got the wonder weeks app and we have a week left of leap 4! I don’t fully understand it all though 😂 my brain is just like mush these days since having a baby. My husband often looks at me like wtf are you talking about 🥲

Yes! Physically I feel like I need a day with no plans cause I get fatigued and achey joints but I end up so bored and unproductive. I have nothing on tomorrow and I’m dreading it.
---

I do! We’re just coming to the end of that leap and it’s definitely been the most stressful and exhausting weeks of his life. Coming out the other side now and he’s just a bundle of fun, although has developed a temper if he drops things/can’t reach what he wants 😫😂
My mum pooped over in the end but I was still fecking bored! Our trip out tomorrow is to the GP to drop off a poop sample, then I’ll treat myself with a coffee 🥴 can’t believe I’m actually looking forward to dropping poop off.

ETA my mum obviously popped over, not pooped, I sound obsessed. Think I need a glass of wine.

Last edited:
  • Haha
LO has only had 350ml all day today 🫠😫😭 getting so stressed about him. We’ve had ongoing feeding issues, ever since he was born even with breastfeeding. Now he is just refusing his bottles again and we are battling to get him to drink anything 😟 he’s been on this formula for probably 4 weeks now and he’s been really good but this week he hasn’t had a single full bottle (5oz) 🫠

• Heart
Does anyone’s baby get really hyper in the run up to bed time she’s bloody manic here, she’s knackered ya can tell but she’s insane lol

My mum pooped over in the end but I was still fecking bored! Our trip out tomorrow is to the GP to drop off a poop sample, then I’ll treat myself with a coffee 🥴 can’t believe I’m actually looking forward to dropping poop off.

ETA my mum obviously popped over, not pooped, I sound obsessed. Think I need a glass of wine.
I’ve just been scouring the internet for baby groups in my area and every single one is on a sodding Wednesday! Or at like half 9 in the morning which is the only time he has a long nap so 😭. Think I might just go a walk and pick up a coffee just to get out the house.

Does anyone’s baby get really hyper in the run up to bed time she’s bloody manic here, she’s knackered ya can tell but she’s insane lol
Your baby is probably too young for it but in toddlers/children it’s common and it’s them regulating their nervous system before bed. My eldest has always flung herself about just before bed or needed some rough and tumble time with her dad (I can’t do it!). Doctor said it’s really good for them. Maybe babies do it naturally? I don’t know!

• Heart
Your baby is probably too young for it but in toddlers/children it’s common and it’s them regulating their nervous system before bed. My eldest has always flung herself about just before bed or needed some rough and tumble time with her dad (I can’t do it!). Doctor said it’s really good for them. Maybe babies do it naturally? I don’t know!
She’s only 7 months but the 2 hrs before bed she’s a maniac lol

I’ve just been scouring the internet for baby groups in my area and every single one is on a sodding Wednesday! Or at like half 9 in the morning which is the only time he has a long nap so 😭. Think I might just go a walk and pick up a coffee just to get out the house.
Have you tried a website called Happity? It’s great for searching for baby group things and you can filter by day :)
---
I wouldn’t say hyper as she’s good at winding down but as she’s falling asleep and in her cot she goes crazyyyy. Rolling, throwing her arms around and kicking. Happens for anything from 5-30 mins then she suddenly stops and falls asleep 🤷‍♀️

Yes! My husband has been doing bedtime (introduced a bottle) for the last few nights and he was like he’s not ready for bed, he’s so excited. 😂😅

I am done trying to find styles I like online for my return to work that are easy access to my boobs so I can express, does anyone have any recommendations? I feel grumpy and frumpy AF, I just need some help 🙃

I am done trying to find styles I like online for my return to work that are easy access to my boobs so I can express, does anyone have any recommendations? I feel grumpy and frumpy AF, I just need some help 🙃
I haven’t searched but have you looked on depop or vinted specifically for nursing work clothes?

I haven’t searched but have you looked on depop or vinted specifically for nursing work clothes?
I’m a bit scared of Vinted and the like for reasons relating to being geriatric.

I’ve found some pieces on H&M that remind me of being me and they’re nursing ones so I’m picking those up… this month has been so expensive already 🥴

• Haha
My little one is just over 7 months and in the last week has only started sitting unaided for a maximum of a minute in one go before toppling. None of the babies in my antenatal group were sitting unaided before 6.5 months so don't worry!
baby love is 7 months and can only sit unaided for a short Period before flopping!
---
TMI but baby love is still breastfed ( has not dropped any feeds) so he’s still feeding every 2 hours including in the night. I was just wondering if anyone suffered with constipation because of breastfeeding? Having a tit time 🤣🤣🤣🤣💩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.