New baby and post birth advice #49 IT WAS JUST A NORMAL SIZE SH*T

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
baby love is 7 months and can only sit unaided for a short Period before flopping!
---
TMI but baby love is still breastfed ( has not dropped any feeds) so he’s still feeding every 2 hours including in the night. I was just wondering if anyone suffered with constipation because of breastfeeding? Having a tit time 🤣🤣🤣🤣💩
No, but are you drinking enough water? Maybe try some fybogel?

I do! We’re just coming to the end of that leap and it’s definitely been the most stressful and exhausting weeks of his life. Coming out the other side now and he’s just a bundle of fun, although has developed a temper if he drops things/can’t reach what he wants 😫😂
Omg glad you said that. I never noticed them before this leap but oh my god. Her sleeps goes bad, she’s so grumpy, doesn’t know what she wants to do and just moans all day lol

I am done trying to find styles I like online for my return to work that are easy access to my boobs so I can express, does anyone have any recommendations? I feel grumpy and frumpy AF, I just need some help 🙃

Sainsbury’s have a breastfeeding section on their website too.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
baby love is 7 months and can only sit unaided for a short Period before flopping!
---
TMI but baby love is still breastfed ( has not dropped any feeds) so he’s still feeding every 2 hours including in the night. I was just wondering if anyone suffered with constipation because of breastfeeding? Having a tit time 🤣🤣🤣🤣💩
Lactulose is your best friend xx

@Ro98 Baby wotsit took his first normal sized bottle today!!!!! Pleassee let this be him coming outta this!!!

Just about tp turn 5 months... i keep seeing babies sitting unaided at this age. Baby wotsit is far from...... google says fine.... but of couse im questioning
Oh I really hope it is!! 🙏 that’s such good progress!! Hope you feel proud of yourself because it’s so tough!
My niece couldn’t sit unaided until about 7 months so deffo no worries there!
---
Does anyone have any travel buggy recommendations? Cabin bag approved ideally? We are going to view some tomorrow but any others maybe we haven’t come across would he handy!

Thank you - that’s exactly the kind of thing I need unfortunately the site has t been updated in 18 mos. I’ll look for something similar!
Ah sorry I hadn’t noticed! I used it with my first and so I have lots of pieces already. There seem to be a few active Facebook groups if you search “can I breastfeed in it”.

Oh I really hope it is!! 🙏 that’s such good progress!! Hope you feel proud of yourself because it’s so tough!
My niece couldn’t sit unaided until about 7 months so deffo no worries there!
---
Does anyone have any travel buggy recommendations? Cabin bag approved ideally? We are going to view some tomorrow but any others maybe we haven’t come across would he handy!
Someone I know hired one rather than buy one recently for their holiday. It was from a local company, but there may be somewhere local to you that does it.
---
My little one has rolling from back to tummy down. But is making no moves towards belly to back. She'd been rolling from back to belly for a couple of weeks now.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on helping her get it? Or how long it took for your little to master the opposite way

Last edited:
Someone I know hired one rather than buy one recently for their holiday. It was from a local company, but there may be somewhere local to you that does it.
---
My little one has rolling from back to tummy down. But is making no moves towards belly to back. She'd been rolling from back to belly for a couple of weeks now.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on helping her get it? Or how long it took for your little to master the opposite way
there’s videos out there where people are holding a toy above babies head and moving it, trying to get the baby to follow, not sure if that would work but nothing like that worked for us. He did eventually just get the hang of things on his own and now he doesn’t stop rolling 😂

Omg glad you said that. I never noticed them before this leap but oh my god. Her sleeps goes bad, she’s so grumpy, doesn’t know what she wants to do and just moans all day lol
Baby T’s night sleep is almost back to normal but every nap is still a fight to the death. He’s just worked himself up into an angry red frenzy I’ve tried for forty minutes now to settle him and given up. He’s in his cot watching his projector and I’m having a cry in the living room cos I can’t take it anymore lol 😭😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
---
Ours has been doing back to belly for a few weeks now, but only belly to back once or twice.

there’s videos out there where people are holding a toy above babies head and moving it, trying to get the baby to follow, not sure if that would work but nothing like that worked for us. He did eventually just get the hang of things on his own and now he doesn’t stop rolling 😂
My friend did this with mini muffin when we stayed with them, literally the day after she learnt to go from back to front. It worked, she went over with an almighty thud, cried for ages, and hasn’t done it since which was a month ago 😂 I don’t think she’s too interested in going from belly to back, she seems to want to just move ahead on her tummy 🤷‍♀️ I’ve tried the toy trick myself but not sure if I’m not doing it right of it she’s still traumatised.

—-

Right, nappies. I don’t know if it’s mini muffin’s incredibly incredibly loose poops (getting a sample this morning was fun and games), but I’ve tried three brands in two sizes and she leaks regardless. Some are better than others, I always pull the frilly things out now and I’m just at my wit’s end. Do I just try as many brands and sizes as possible or is it her very liquid poops causing the problem? The GP thinks it’s teething as it’s not every time but it’s when her poop is so liquid it soaks into the nappy like pee (hence my issue getting a sample). I’ve tried sainsburys, pampers, and currently on Tesco 3s (not tried the 3s, tried 2s but they didn’t work a month ago or so).

My friend did this with mini muffin when we stayed with them, literally the day after she learnt to go from back to front. It worked, she went over with an almighty thud, cried for ages, and hasn’t done it since which was a month ago 😂 I don’t think she’s too interested in going from belly to back, she seems to want to just move ahead on her tummy 🤷‍♀️ I’ve tried the toy trick myself but not sure if I’m not doing it right of it she’s still traumatised.

—-

Right, nappies. I don’t know if it’s mini muffin’s incredibly incredibly loose poops (getting a sample this morning was fun and games), but I’ve tried three brands in two sizes and she leaks regardless. Some are better than others, I always pull the frilly things out now and I’m just at my wit’s end. Do I just try as many brands and sizes as possible or is it her very liquid poops causing the problem? The GP thinks it’s teething as it’s not every time but it’s when her poop is so liquid it soaks into the nappy like pee (hence my issue getting a sample). I’ve tried sainsburys, pampers, and currently on Tesco 3s (not tried the 3s, tried 2s but they didn’t work a month ago or so).
Could be her poos but I also notice baby Ro leaks when they’re getting too small. I saw something that said the straps should meet? What are they like on mini muffin? Our 19 week old 6.2kg is in size 3 Aldi nappies and we’ve only ever had leaking issues when he’s been in his car seat and 💩 because it just shoots up the back due to positioning
* I should add he also has very watery nappies due to his formula

—-

Tesco I have always found to be good - surprised you’re getting leaks with pampers. Tbh, Sainsburys has never failed me despite me being certain they’re too small for her!

She’s started having a few leaks with my much raved about Lidl nappies but I think that’s slightly to do with TF trying to kick the tit out of me when we’re doing nappy changes…. It’s really annoying having to just experiment.

TF is rather large of thigh and has a reassuringly trunk like tummy…. So if minimuffin is a similar shape Tesco and Lidl could be okay?

I was talking to my husband last night about weaning and realised I have absolutely no bloody idea 😂😂 I’m thinking I’ll do a mix of BLW and purées. When you first start, do you just do 1 vegetable per day? Is there somewhere which has an idiots guide to weaning as I feel like I need to read it 🤣
I got the free Ella's kitchen guide and did that for the first 2 weeks, that helped me to get my head around it. We then gradually increased textures and flavours etc.

• Heart
Baby Ro has done all his naps in the cot so far today (he was a contact napper until very recently) and I want to cry but also celebrate 🥲 He won’t sleep longer than 1 sleep cycle but for now I’m going with it and just putting him down sooner for his next nap.
Everyone (in person who knows me) told me having him on me for naps until 4 months meant he would never learn to sleep by himself and he goes down awake, babbles for 20-30mins then dozes off. I want to send them a big duck you 🤣
* eta- he has done this at bedtime for the last few weeks but only started this week with daytime naps. I’m not prematurely celebrating on day 1 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What time do your 15 week olds go to bed? We are currently between 8.30-9pm but ideally would like to make it around 7.30pm-8 if possible but I’ve no idea how lol..

What time do your 15 week olds go to bed? We are currently between 8.30-9pm but ideally would like to make it around 7.30pm-8 if possible but I’ve no idea how lol..
Slightly older here as she’s 5 months but we’ve moved it mostly to 7-8pm. For us it completely depends on the time of the last nap of the day. I aim for her to wake up 5-5:30pm as her wake windows are two hours. We started shifting gradually, so if you can time their last nap of the day for them to wake up slightly earlier, then start bedtime at the time you want. We moved it back in 15-30 mins intervals, so from 9-9:30 to 8:30/9, gradually over a week or two.

Slightly older here as she’s 5 months but we’ve moved it mostly to 7-8pm. For us it completely depends on the time of the last nap of the day. I aim for her to wake up 5-5:30pm as her wake windows are two hours. We started shifting gradually, so if you can time their last nap of the day for them to wake up slightly earlier, then start bedtime at the time you want. We moved it back in 15-30 mins intervals, so from 9-9:30 to 8:30/9, gradually over a week or two.
Thank you. She is currently still napping and has been since 2.10, so do I just skip her final nap of the day and do an early bedtime? Because at this rate her next nap will be about 6.00/6.30

Could be her poos but I also notice baby Ro leaks when they’re getting too small. I saw something that said the straps should meet? What are they like on mini muffin? Our 19 week old 6.2kg is in size 3 Aldi nappies and we’ve only ever had leaking issues when he’s been in his car seat and 💩 because it just shoots up the back due to positioning
* I should add he also has very watery nappies due to his formula
Tesco I have always found to be good - surprised you’re getting leaks with pampers. Tbh, Sainsburys has never failed me despite me being certain they’re too small for her!

She’s started having a few leaks with my much raved about Lidl nappies but I think that’s slightly to do with TF trying to kick the tit out of me when we’re doing nappy changes…. It’s really annoying having to just experiment.

TF is rather large of thigh and has a reassuringly trunk like tummy…. So if minimuffin is a similar shape Tesco and Lidl could be okay?
So on the sainsburys 2s the straps don’t meet but on the 3s they do but it all came out the side in the 3s earlier 🤷‍♀️

She has quite long legs but (I think) a pretty average tummy, not too chunky. For size reference because of her long legs she’s been in 6-9 month onesies for a month or so but they’re quite baggy round her stomach (and ridiculous on her arms).

Hmm there’s not a Lidl that near me but I may seek one out if these Tesco 3s don’t work… could try the Aldi ones as she got on well with those as a newborn but I found we didn’t have this issue until a couple of months ago.
---
Thank you. She is currently still napping and has been since 2.10, so do I just skip her final nap of the day and do an early bedtime? Because at this rate her next nap will be about 6.00/6.30
You could try! How long would she nap for if she went down at 6? If it was only 40 mins or so you could start bedtime at 7:45-8pm and see how that goes and then after a week or so try cutting out the last nap? Although if she naps for like 2 hours that would be what I call a danger nap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.