New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it’s not Lincoln then! It starts with L and is a couple of hours away from York. To me, anything past Manchester is the North!
In my experience of looking at a map,
Manchester is a lot further north than Lincoln.

Lincoln is almost 2 hours from York though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some hole has given baby Neo lurgy. Whilst I know everyone gets poorly, I’m absolutely disgusted at having to suck snots out of my baby’s nose.

No one warned me about this part of motherhood. I need several bottles of wine.
My husband is badgering me to order a snot sucker so as far as I'm concerned all future bogies are his responsibility 😬 hope baby Neo is better soon

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have never for the life of me been able to get the snot sucker into baby Author’s nose, and it’s only got more impossible as he‘s got older! How do you do it?!

I have never for the life of me been able to get the snot sucker into baby Author’s nose, and it’s only got more impossible as he‘s got older! How do you do it?!
I find it’s a 2 man job haha, but now she’s a bit older she seems better with it?

The baby is asleep and I should 100% be sleeping as well but instead I'm scrolling and eating ice cream, why!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hi team

my c section is in the morning. I’ve taken one omeprazole and it’s made me feel rather ill (I’ve been on it for a few months for heartburn but this is double my usual dose)
I have to take another in the morning, do I take it once I’ve stopped fluids or closer to the op?!

• Heart
it's my first post in the new baby thread and i'm 11 weeks pp lol. it's been a fulfilling struggle trying to get to know baby and his quirks, as well as figure out how to take care of a baby. it's really a special kind of love huh - even though i have to get up at ass o clock to feed him and i'm exhausted every night, i look at my baby and all i feel is love. i could never have imagined this feeling pre-baby 🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Hi team

my c section is in the morning. I’ve taken one omeprazole and it’s made me feel rather ill (I’ve been on it for a few months for heartburn but this is double my usual dose)
I have to take another in the morning, do I take it once I’ve stopped fluids or closer to the op?!
Did the hospital give you any instructions? I was told to take the second dose in with me and they advised when to take it.
---

it's my first post in the new baby thread and i'm 11 weeks pp lol. it's been a fulfilling struggle trying to get to know baby and his quirks, as well as figure out how to take care of a baby. it's really a special kind of love huh - even though i have to get up at ass o clock to feed him and i'm exhausted every night, i look at my baby and all i feel is love. i could never have imagined this feeling pre-baby 🥺
Congratulations 😊

I just bought an air fryyyyyyyer! I am so pumped. This thread had no influence whatsoever….

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Big love for the air fryer!!! Only use my oven now for pizza. Everything else in the air fryer 😆

Hi team

Good luck with your section!

This is just my expefience but I was taking Omeprazole as well but they just told me to take one at night (around 10pm) and one at 6:30am but it was just my normal dose. They were going to five me a prescription for it until i told them i was already taking it and they just told me to use what i already had.

Tbh though the hospital didn't really seem to know what they were doing when it came to that 🙈 the midwives had to go and check at my pre-op!

I just bought an air fryyyyyyyer! I am so pumped. This thread had no influence whatsoever….
I've abandoned my air fryer in favour of the slow cooker recently. I love it, an entire meal and lunch the next day with 5 mins of prep? Yes please 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've abandoned my air fryer in favour of the slow cooker recently. I love it, an entire meal and lunch the next day with 5 mins of prep? Yes please 🙏
Love love love our slow cooker too, pulled pork NOM

My rationale was I need to make quick dinners when I return to work 😂

Morning ladies! Looking for your ‘experience’ (don’t dare ask for advice now 🤣) for anything for newborn skin peeling/dry skin. Waited 11 days to bath my little one…it was really needed, she has a ton of hair! But since then she’s had really dry skin on her tummy and wrists 😢 I’ve been putting on sudocrem, but is there anything better? Dr Google says olive oil, others say don’t do that 🤯 Any creams/natural remedies/just leave it?

• Haha
Morning ladies! Looking for your ‘experience’ (don’t dare ask for advice now 🤣) for anything for newborn skin peeling/dry skin. Waited 11 days to bath my little one…it was really needed, she has a ton of hair! But since then she’s had really dry skin on her tummy and wrists 😢 I’ve been putting on sudocrem, but is there anything better? Dr Google says olive oil, others say don’t do that 🤯 Any creams/natural remedies/just leave it?
Yep my sons skin was soooo flakey and dry, I used coconut oil and it just sorted itself really. And I only bathed him probably once a week for the first few months

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.