New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My niece is gorgeous and seems to be doing well, as far as I can see from videos, pictures and info I have been given. She is hopefully meeting her 100 year-old great grandma this week, train strikes permitting! I am almost over my cough-cold hybrid thing, so hopefully I will get to meet her in person sooooon!
Wow, you've still not met her! 😬 I was so upset when my brother had so many reasons/excuses (delete as applicable) not to meet his nephew for ages. He missed the whole newborn stage but it's his loss I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♀️ You could always wear a mask and not hold her, I imagine you'll be going to support your non-KW brother as much as anything!

My niece is gorgeous and seems to be doing well, as far as I can see from videos, pictures and info I have been given. She is hopefully meeting her 100 year-old great grandma this week, train strikes permitting! I am almost over my cough-cold hybrid thing, so hopefully I will get to meet her in person sooooon!
Ah that is so hard for you not to have met her, I’m sure it’s driving you crazy ❤ isn’t that incredible that she’ll get to meet a 100yo though?! Imagine being 100 years older than someone, it must be crazy!
Do your family also live in France? Maybe that’s a stupid question, but I always assume everyone on tattle is English (even though I’m not 🙈).

Reactions: 4
I can’t believe you are still ill! Hope you start to feel better soon and finally meet your niece. It must be so stressful. I had to wait 3 days to meet my nephew as one of the kids were sick, and I didn’t want to pass it on. And that killed me!

Reactions: 1
Thoughts on OH suggesting everytime I lose my tit with him that I’m suffering with PND? I’m not, thankfully, because if I was this isn’t very nice. He is, as described, a KW

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh fingers crossed you can meet her soon!
Sorry to take it off topic, we travel to France next week, were doing 4 days in Disney 4 days in Paris. Is it localised strikes or national? We traveling via eurostar but was going to hop on a train in Paris for a little day out somewhere. I'm finding conflicting information online so hope it's okay to ask you!
As far as I can tell, the strike will mostly be affecting Paris and the surrounding area, plus some other big cities ( Marseille and Lyon?). From 7 pm tomorrow, almost all the metro lines will be closed/only running at rush hour. I hope it will only be from then until Wednesday morning, but it might be ongoing.

---

I can’t believe you are still ill! Hope you start to feel better soon and finally meet your niece. It must be so stressful. I had to wait 3 days to meet my nephew as one of the kids were sick, and I didn’t want to pass it on. And that killed me!
I keep thinking I am better, then I get another symptom/ailment. It is very annoying, but my niece has also had a few colds and I don’t want to make her worse! I could wear a mask and not hold her, but that’d be no fun!
I am British, I moved to the Paris suburbs as a child, 30+ years ago. Grew up there, went to uni in Wales, came back home. 6 years ago parents sold the family home and built a house down South. My brother lives in Paris, and my two sisters live in the UK, one in Brighton and one up North ( Lincoln, I think).

Last edited:
  • Heart
As far as I can tell, the strike will mostly be affecting Paris and the surrounding area, plus some other big cities ( Marseille and Lyon?). From 7 pm tomorrow, almost all the metro lines will be closed/only running at rush hour. I hope it will only be from then until Wednesday morning, but it might be ongoing.

---
Thank you. Hopefully it doesn't continue to affect you! X

Pretty sure my child runs on duracell batteries. Bloody never stops. She's now almost completely mobile with something that resembles walking. But walking is a term I am using loosely. It's more pull myself up on the furniture and fling myself forward and pray to god I don't crash. Someone send help 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Pretty sure my child runs on duracell batteries. Bloody never stops. She's now almost completely mobile with something that resembles walking. But walking is a term I am using loosely. It's more pull myself up on the furniture and fling myself forward and pray to god I don't crash. Someone send help 😂
You're making me grateful that my 7mo doesn't even roll 😂

Thoughts on OH suggesting everytime I lose my tit with him that I’m suffering with PND? I’m not, thankfully, because if I was this isn’t very nice. He is, as described, a KW
Every time I say I’m exhausted or having a rough time (coz 4 kids and full time work 🫠) my friends ask if I need to go see a doctor and see if ‘they will help’

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Recently I’ve been thinking that maybe one more baby wouldn’t be such a bad idea after all. I just wanna know who I thought I was???? 2 nights of constant coughing and barely any sleep with the 3yo, a miserable teething baby and MrGG a being at work, I have absolutely stopped thinking of snuggling a little newborn and changed my mind. 🙃😂

Reactions: 2
A couple of questions as I had a hiatus between the pregnancy thread and this one when mini TReetrunks came early in august and there’s no wiki. What is a KW? I’m wracking my brains 😅

Also what happened that meant we all have to say “in my experience”? Isn’t it a given? What’s the tea?

A couple of questions as I had a hiatus between the pregnancy thread and this one when mini TReetrunks came early in august and there’s no wiki. What is a KW? I’m wracking my brains 😅

Also what happened that meant we all have to say “in my experience”? Isn’t it a given? What’s the tea?
KnobWaffle, thanks to @I’mThankyou_

I believe people weren’t happy with ‘advice’ being given. So rather than ‘advising’ someone, we are now using ‘in my experience’ to not confuse the 2 and get it wrong

Also, a wiki got rejected 😭 @calmyourritas did request one

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby bluebird has been up since 5:45 and it’s now 12:08 pm. She’s refusing a nap and showing zero signs of being tired. She did fall asleep for a bit while eating so maybe that set us back, but she’s perfectly happy playing on the mat.

Poor kid has dark circles under her eyes, but is interested in everything else in her room other than a nap. Who knew the light fixture she’s been sleeping under for 7 months is so so interesting today.

😩

• Heart
  • Sad
Recently I’ve been thinking that maybe one more baby wouldn’t be such a bad idea after all. I just wanna know who I thought I was???? 2 nights of constant coughing and barely any sleep with the 3yo, a miserable teething baby and MrGG a being at work, I have absolutely stopped thinking of snuggling a little newborn and changed my mind. 🙃😂
Hahaha I went through a phase of planning when I’d have another, but it’s been so tough lately, I think maybe I wanted a newborn, rather than another child. When I take away all the comments about when are you having another/she can’t be an only child/general peer pressure and expectations, I think I’m actually happy just having one! Might change my mind again when she starts sleeping though lol

• Heart

---

I keep thinking I am better, then I get another symptom/ailment. It is very annoying, but my niece has also had a few colds and I don’t want to make her worse! I could wear a mask and not hold her, but that’d be no fun!
I am British, I moved to the Paris suburbs as a child, 30+ years ago. Grew up there, went to uni in Wales, came back home. 6 years ago parents sold the family home and built a house down South. My brother lives in Paris, and my two sisters live in the UK, one in Brighton and one up North ( Lincoln, I think).
Just lodging a complaint about Lincoln being considered the north!!! It’s north of Brighton, sure, but still firmly down south 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some hole has given baby Neo lurgy. Whilst I know everyone gets poorly, I’m absolutely disgusted at having to suck snots out of my baby’s nose.

No one warned me about this part of motherhood. I need several bottles of wine.

• Haha
  • Heart
Just lodging a complaint about Lincoln being considered the north!!! It’s north of Brighton, sure, but still firmly down south 😂
Maybe it’s not Lincoln then! It starts with L and is a couple of hours away from York. To me, anything past Manchester is the North!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.