New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My baby is still toothless but I’m wondering when I need to look at getting him registered for a dentist. It seems no dentists near me are accepting NHS patients. Has anyone else had this too? Do you add your name to a waiting list? Or have you gone private instead?
We had a look round at a few of our local NHS dentists and called a few then gave up and just registered Elanna with a private dentist. To be honest, I had a really bad experience with a NHS dentist when I was 7 and I feel much better knowing she is going here. Anyone in London looking for one for the kiddos, I can't recommend Happy Kids Dental Chelsea enough. Only been once so far but it made a great first impression

Reactions: 1
Why do babies know the minute you close your eyes for a nap?? She's been asleep less than an hour so thought I would get a nap in....nope! Literally closed my eyes and she's awake 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I had fluid dripping out of my C-section incision this morning - rang the triage line and they said to come in if it looks red/infected or like it's opening back up but because of how my stomach sits it's really hard to tell. Anyone else had this?

I had fluid dripping out of my C-section incision this morning - rang the triage line and they said to come in if it looks red/infected or like it's opening back up but because of how my stomach sits it's really hard to tell. Anyone else had this?
In my experience... Even though I've not had a csection...

I'd go in and get it checked if you can't tell. Better than it getting worse and causing more problems.

Reactions: 3
How far post section are you? I would have had a few drops in the first few days/week with one of mine. I kept it clean and dry and it never turned to more. The fluid was clear and didn’t smell so didn’t seem to be an infection. If you’re concerned get your midwife to check when she comes out to the house. (Assuming you’re recent post section)

Reactions: 2
Is there someone at home that could take a photo so you can see it that way? It might be that you need to lie down and lift your tummy if the scar sort of sits under a fold.

I’m really beginning to think of chucking the towel in and becoming a single parent. At least I’d get a bloody break
I’m so sick of being here. On my own. I may as well be a single parents to be honest
I don’t get a break. I’m overdoing it and no one gives a tit.
I am honestly so resentful of Mr B. But of course ‘I have to work!!’ Well, so do I, but apparently my work isn’t as important.
I’ve been nearly in tears about 20x today because everything is always left down to me.
i am at breaking point.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I’m really beginning to think of chucking the towel in and becoming a single parent. At least I’d get a bloody break
I’m so sick of being here. On my own. I may as well be a single parents to be honest
I am honestly so resentful of Mr B. But of course ‘I have to work!!’ Well, so do I, but apparently my work isn’t as important.
I’ve been nearly in tears about 20x today because everything is always left down to me.
i am at breaking point.
We have same age babies/boddlers and I honestly don’t even know how you manage to work with him around, let alone having other children to sort out for school etc. You’re doing an absolutely incredible job but it’s not surprising you’re feeling burnt out. Is there a list of things you could sit down and ask him to take on before and after he starts work that would ease some of the pressures? ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We have same age babies/boddlers and I honestly don’t even know how you manage to work with him around, let alone having other children to sort out for school etc. You’re doing an absolutely incredible job but it’s not surprising you’re feeling burnt out. Is there a list of things you could sit down and ask him to take on before and after he starts work that would ease some of the pressures? ❤
I second this! You're amazing @Jellybean093
I don't have any advice!
Just wish we all lived close so we could all help ❤

• Heart
i am at breaking point.
You've been smashing it, going back to work so early and managing work and the house and kids. He definitely doesn't appreciate how much time and money you're saving him by not having paid childcare or doing any of the pick up or drop offs. Is introducing even one day of childcare for the baby an option? As at the min you're responsible for 5/5 days. So either Mr B can step in and cover some of that either himself or financially maybe to make things a bit fairer, as a start.

i am at breaking point.
I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, I totally understand how you feel, very similar situation to yourself and I'm not working from home so I do get a reprieve by going to the office 3 days a week but everything and I mean everything is squeezed into those other 4 days......I'm exhausted mentally and physically. I've tried talking to kw but he doesn't get it, always turns to a conversation about how he knows how I feel because of xyz and poor him......no you don't get it, not in the slightest you prick .
So unfortunately I have no words of wisdom and I'm of no help to you, but solidarity which means sweet FA really

• Heart
Reactions: 2
He already thinks he does enough because he tidied up and sometimes does the washing up. Don’t worry about the huge piles of clothes unwashed or washed and not put away
As long as he gets 12 hours away from the kids, 3 private 40 minute shots and an hour bath, he is happy

I don’t think it’s even necessarily just him. My kids are so lazy. And I can scream and scream at them to do something, and I either get ignored or back chat

If I hear ‘mum’ or someone talk to me about fifa, I will scream

Teen is constantly wanting new things in exchange for keeping her room tidy, even though I’m paying her phone bill, paid out for a new passport on a holiday I’m not even taking her on and god knows what else. And guess what… she’s already FAILED at keeping said room tidy

The baby has learnt to climb the sofa and closes my laptop while working, so I’m constantly wishing for him to be in bed

Arghhh the stress 😭

---

I second this! You're amazing @Jellybean093
I don't have any advice!
Just wish we all lived close so we could all help ❤
I could really use a ‘in my experience’ right now 😂😂😂😂

---

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, I totally understand how you feel, very similar situation to yourself and I'm not working from home so I do get a reprieve by going to the office 3 days a week but everything and I mean everything is squeezed into those other 4 days......I'm exhausted mentally and physically. I've tried talking to kw but he doesn't get it, always turns to a conversation about how he knows how I feel because of xyz and poor him......no you don't get it, not in the slightest you prick .
So unfortunately I have no words of wisdom and I'm of no help to you, but solidarity which means sweet FA really
No. They really don’t get it. And we are made out to be mad women for finally breaking under the stress of life.
It’s gone 8. I’ve not even had dinner yet. I’m starving 😭 this is happening every night because I’m so busy with everything. But as long as him and the kids are fed, everyone else is happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
How far post section are you? I would have had a few drops in the first few days/week with one of mine. I kept it clean and dry and it never turned to more. The fluid was clear and didn’t smell so didn’t seem to be an infection. If you’re concerned get your midwife to check when she comes out to the house. (Assuming you’re recent post section)
Thanks - I'm 8 days PP and the midwife came yesterday and said it all looked fine so something must have happened this morning. I have an appt at the clinic on Saturday where the plan was to get them taken out so will probably leave it until then, unless it gets worse by tomorrow.

Is there someone at home that could take a photo so you can see it that way? It might be that you need to lie down and lift your tummy if the scar sort of sits under a fold.
Yeah it's under a fold! Will get my husband to have a go, I tried but couldn't make the logistics work 😅

• Heart
He already thinks he does enough because he tidied up and sometimes does the washing up. Don’t worry about the huge piles of clothes unwashed or washed and not put away
As long as he gets 12 hours away from the kids, 3 private 40 minute shots and an hour bath, he is happy

I don’t think it’s even necessarily just him. My kids are so lazy. And I can scream and scream at them to do something, and I either get ignored or back chat

If I hear ‘mum’ or someone talk to me about fifa, I will scream

Teen is constantly wanting new things in exchange for keeping her room tidy, even though I’m paying her phone bill, paid out for a new passport on a holiday I’m not even taking her on and god knows what else. And guess what… she’s already FAILED at keeping said room tidy

The baby has learnt to climb the sofa and closes my laptop while working, so I’m constantly wishing for him to be in bed

Arghhh the stress 😭

---

I could really use a ‘in my experience’ right now 😂😂😂😂

---

No. They really don’t get it. And we are made out to be mad women for finally breaking under the stress of life.
It’s gone 8. I’ve not even had dinner yet. I’m starving 😭 this is happening every night because I’m so busy with everything. But as long as him and the kids are fed, everyone else is happy!
In my experience... You are the KW.

#channelingmyinnersnoop

• Haha
I had this for a while and I'm a fat duck so was hard to see, I took pics a few times. I found a maternity pad on there helped to keep track of thr dripping and stopped the fluid pooling when i was sitting. Mine got quite bad and I didn't go to the Dr's (no temperature, redness, pain or smell so didn't see the point as I didn't think it was infected) but then when I had my 8wk check she said I should have gone as its a sign somethings not healing right and they'd have liked to see it. Mine was like a yellowy fluid.

I had this for a while and I'm a fat duck so was hard to see, I took pics a few times. I found a maternity pad on there helped to keep track of thr dripping and stopped the fluid pooling when i was sitting. Mine got quite bad and I didn't go to the Dr's (no temperature, redness, pain or smell so didn't see the point as I didn't think it was infected) but then when I had my 8wk check she said I should have gone as its a sign somethings not healing right and they'd have liked to see it. Mine was like a yellowy fluid.
Thanks, that's really useful to know. Hope you healed ok in the end?

Thanks, that's really useful to know. Hope you healed ok in the end?
Ah yeah it took a couple weeks but cleared up. At one point it was leaking like a tap but I still didn't get it checked 🤦‍♀️ I don't think the heat helped, it was right during the heatwave we had in July and I wasn't resting enough. In the end it healed from me having dressings on during the day then letting it air out whenever I could. Then I popped a bit sudocrem over it cos that stuff is magic healing cream 🤣

Don’t know what’s going on with babies sleep it seems to be getting worse rather than better we saw every hour last night he just fights it so much and today has woke from every nap crying I just dunno what to do or what’s wrong with him I know they have a regression but he’s only 12 weeks..

Don’t know what’s going on with babies sleep it seems to be getting worse rather than better we saw every hour last night he just fights it so much and today has woke from every nap crying I just dunno what to do or what’s wrong with him I know they have a regression but he’s only 12 weeks..
Sorry he's not sleeping too well. From my experience, you'll drive yourself mad trying to figure out a reason though, I know it's really hard but he's still only tiny and it really is normal and not necessarily a sign that anything is "wrong". Does he seem uncomfortable at all, is he grunting or squirming? Sleep regressions (if they exist!) can start early, we're in the midst of the 8 month one at 7 months which is fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.