New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found myself stressed today, the kids are sick again and they didnt nap and I'm exhausted doing multiple night wakings with twins. And I asked myself WWND? (What would norris do) and I realised I am a Norris number 6 today.
How you all feeling ladies? What Norris are you today?

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I found myself stressed today, the kids are sick again and they didnt nap and I'm exhausted doing multiple night wakings with twins. And I asked myself WWND? (What would norris do) and I realised I am a Norris number 6 today.
There's no asleep Norris which is disappointing.
My friends keep me up at night.
Currently a Norris number 1 because I haven't got my glasses on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A strong number 7 today…

• Haha
  • Heart
Normally I’m number 7 Norris BUT today I’m number 9 as we got Ems her first little shoes and a tiny wee pair of wellies and I just can’t take in just how small they are 😂TEENY TINY WELLIES!

Normal service will resume tomorrow as she has started grazing my nipples with her razor like teeth 😩

ETA I’ve had to read my message about a thousand times as I’m so tired I kept thinking I’d typed Willies 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Number 2. Always ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Got to be number 5 cos he looks like he's thinking of a kebab dripping with garlic 🤤

• Haha
Number 2 - don't even know where today has gone, it's been a mix of bottles, spit up, nappy changes and outfit changes 😂

• Heart
WWND😂😂 I’ve seen all sorts of these. Pam from Gavin and Stacey….. a raccoon …. Norris got to be my fav 😆

---

I am a firm 6 after the KW has been swanning around most of the afternoon like he doesn’t have a child or any responsibilities 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Number 9 cos it’s the KWs last day off so I don’t have to share the TV tomorrow or justify the amount of biscuits I’m eating 🫠 but with a hint of number 2 cos it’s GGwagon vs MOT in the morning and I think the MOT might win 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My baby is still toothless but I’m wondering when I need to look at getting him registered for a dentist. It seems no dentists near me are accepting NHS patients. Has anyone else had this too? Do you add your name to a waiting list? Or have you gone private instead?

My baby is still toothless but I’m wondering when I need to look at getting him registered for a dentist. It seems no dentists near me are accepting NHS patients. Has anyone else had this too? Do you add your name to a waiting list? Or have you gone private instead?
I'd add him to a waiting list ASAP.
There seems to be varying rules with private dentists, some will only accept babies who's paitents are paying paitents themselves others are happy to take any, you may need to ring around & check. But I'd definitely go on a waiting list as even with private dentistry for children you have to pay.

How old is baby?
Mines 15mo and has 6 front teeth (didn’t have any until about 10mo) and some back ones have only just started poking thru

If there's the option to add to a waiting list, do it.
I still don't have a dentist for my kids. Oldest is 10 on Saturday.
Because nowhere takes on NHS patients.
And I don't go myself.
So can't get them in private if you're not registered and going frequent yourself

Reactions: 1
I'm on a waiting list but have been for about a year now and when I rang for an update they said its looking like at least another year and had closed the list so wouldn't take baby's name. So I've just gone private, it's a reasonable monthly fee for 2 check ups and 2 Hygiene visits a year, they'll see her for free check ups but I'd have to pay for any treatment we need and it's discounted for members so not too bad. It did make me want to cry last week paying just short of £100 for a filling tho when if the nhs dentist system wasn't so tit I'd have had free treatment 😭
Shes still toothless but gonna arrange a check up in a couple months and take her along.

As the others have said, if you can add to a waiting list do it, even if the wait is a year then you could just go private for that year while you wait. Sadly a lot of practices have closed their waiting lists entirely.
I've always taken baby for their first appointment at 6-9 months but at that age unless you have any concerns it's more about getting then used to the dentist, probably no need to worry unless they haven't had a check up by the time they are 2 or 3 really.

Those of you who have weaned, did you get ant strange colours in baby's poo? Twice now over the past few weeks she's had poo with like pale bits in, and I'm assuming it's something she's eaten but when I googled white or grey baby poo it obviously told me she had some awful diseases. She's fine, and I wasn't worried just googling to see what food could have caused it out of curiosity.. but I should have known better and now I am a bit worried 😂

Those of you who have weaned, did you get ant strange colours in baby's poo? Twice now over the past few weeks she's had poo with like pale bits in, and I'm assuming it's something she's eaten but when I googled white or grey baby poo it obviously told me she had some awful diseases. She's fine, and I wasn't worried just googling to see what food could have caused it out of curiosity.. but I should have known better and now I am a bit worried 😂
Definitely strange colours appear when weaning, and oh dear lord the smells :sick:

How old is baby?
Mines 15mo and has 6 front teeth (didn’t have any until about 10mo) and some back ones have only just started poking thru
He’s 4 months old. I’m registered with a private dentist so I guess they’ll be my first port of call. This situation is utterly shocking - I had no idea it was so bad!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.