New baby and post birth advice #43 no title needed, no suggestions made

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Celebrating a small win today. Just managed to manoeuvre in and out of a coffee shop with both pram and coffee in hand, finally living the mat leave dream with a coffee and pastry! Except now I need to go straight home as baby L needs a change 😂
Well done you. I never appreciated how not baby-friendly places are (and how rude people are) until I had to manoeuvre a pram around 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Well done you. I never appreciated how not baby-friendly places are (and how rude people are) until I had to manoeuvre a pram around 😂
Thank you ❤ Yeah it was funny as there were lots of people right by the door including some with a buggy who you'd think would understand the struggle! But ah well I know I can just about do it now (although might try and invest in a cup holder:coffee:). And on the way back home some workmen were digging up part of the pavement and I thought I wouldn't fit past but they stopped and moved the barrier so there'd be plenty of space which was really nice of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you ❤ Yeah it was funny as there were lots of people right by the door including some with a buggy who you'd think would understand the struggle! But ah well I know I can just about do it now (although might try and invest in a cup holder:coffee:). And on the way back home some workmen were digging up part of the pavement and I thought I wouldn't fit past but they stopped and moved the barrier so there'd be plenty of space which was really nice of them.
Pram cup holders are an excellent investment! And I recommend Frank Green reusable coffee cups for fitting in the cup holders nicely (they also help prevent spillages!)

Reactions: 2
My cup holder broke and it feels like I've lost a limb, had a little phone slot too 💔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
He’s really keen for us to get into a 3 hour “routine.” I keep saying I want to bottle feed on demand as I would have breast fed on demand if I could. And if it’s been say, 2 hours and 35 mins since her last feed and she starts to get hungry he goes “try and stretch it out a bit, try and get her used to 3 hours.” Obviously I ignore him and feed her whenever she wants at the moment. Same with cuddles. I’m picking her up and cuddling her allllll the time because she’s tiny, was 4 weeks early, she’s my rainbow baby, cos I want to, cos she loves cuddles and he’s all “you don’t need to hold her alll the time, let her try and settle herself.” Again, totally ignoring him.
Ugh he sounds like my mum… and I’m in a similar boat, much wished for years of infertility and IVF baby and then early as well so I know exactly what you mean. Though I’m sure everyone does.
It’s such outdated advice the holding thing. In the maternity ward I was in they even had signs up saying it’s not possible to spoil or cuddle a baby so definitely old advice

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Definitelyme had to reassure me about the holding thing (yes I’m talking about it again 😂). Mini Waka loved the carrier but I was scared she would only associate sleep with that. So on tough days I popped her in just let her be. She’s 17 months now and asks to go to her cot for nap and bedtime, doesn’t require any rocking or bouncing anymore (we do bath, pjs, teeth story, light out) but she says ‘down’ and wiggles herself to sleep.
Hug your babies 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ugh he sounds like my mum… and I’m in a similar boat, much wished for years of infertility and IVF baby and then early as well so I know exactly what you mean. Though I’m sure everyone does.
It’s such outdated advice the holding thing. In the maternity ward I was in they even had signs up saying it’s not possible to spoil or cuddle a baby so definitely old advice
My mum agrees with him! But you’re right, it’s old fashioned thinking…she’s also annoyed I won’t let her use talc on the baby or give her cool boiled water between feeds.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
New thread time!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.