New baby and post birth advice #41 Trigger warning: Soup

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what are everyone’s opinions on ‘leaps’

the baby’s been screaming loads today not himself at all so I downloaded that wonder weeks app and he’s entered a leap today. I remembered it with my first but half of me thought this is bollocks coz she was hard work anyway 😂

ETA this was all while KW was in the boozer 💤

• Heart
Reactions: 4

the baby’s been screaming loads today not himself at all so I downloaded that wonder weeks app and he’s entered a leap today. I remembered it with my first but half of me thought this is bollocks coz she was hard work anyway 😂

I'll be honest, I don't believe in them, or sleep regression.
I think a man made them up, to cause mothers further anxiety😂
I found myself dreading the next "leap" with the twins, with the 10yo I'd never heard of them and I just went with the flow and I wasn't anywhere near as stressed. I quickly deleted the app and just got on with their head days😂🤷🏻‍♀️
I guess it depends how you parent & stuff really, I just don't think every baby follows the same "leap" (man written guide)

Reactions: 9

I don’t follow wonder weeks, I think it just causes more stress counting down, but when ever little crazy cats playing up it does always fall with in the time frame of a leap.
They’re not proven but once Google’s confirmed it I’m like ah ok must be that, or teething. Everything’s teething 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think a man made them up, to cause mothers further anxiety😂
I found myself dreading the next "leap" with the twins, with the 10yo I'd never heard of them and I just went with the flow and I wasn't anywhere near as stressed. I quickly deleted the app and just got on with their head days😂🤷🏻‍♀️
I guess it depends how you parent & stuff really, I just don't think every baby follows the same "leap" (man written guide)
Do you know what you’re right. How can every baby at the same time and age do the same thing. And it does just cause anxiety. I’ve just deleted it 🤣

I don’t follow wonder weeks, I think it just causes more stress counting down, but when ever little crazy cats playing up it does always fall with in the time frame of a leap.
They’re not proven but once Google’s confirmed it I’m like ah ok must be that, or teething. Everything’s teething 😂😂😂
I think he’s starting to teeth as well tbh. Gnawing his fists

Reactions: 7

I think they’re a load of tit personally, I’ve mentioned before some of the mums I met on peanut go on about them aaalll to the time to the point it’s obsessive. I’ve never noticed a difference when she’s supposedly going through them

• Heart
Reactions: 3

I don't follow wonder weeks religiously. The only time I click into it is if she's having an exceptionally bad day I have a look and usually it is the start of a new leap. I don't believe in following any of the apps religiously and dont get anxious by them. It actually gives me a little bit of peace of mind that it's not me, and she doesn't hate me that day 🤣 I read their tips part and put it away until the next bad day.

Totally agree with the sleep regression. I was having the worst panics of my life after hearing of the dreaded 4 month sleep regression. I was absolutely petrified!!! It never happened 😅

• Haha
I don't follow wonder weeks religiously. The only time I click into it is if she's having an exceptionally bad day I have a look and usually it is the start of a new leap. I don't believe in following any of the apps religiously and dont get anxious by them. It actually gives me a little bit of peace of mind that it's not me, and she doesn't hate me that day 🤣 I read their tips part and put it away until the next bad day.

Totally agree with the sleep regression. I was having the worst panics of my life after hearing of the dreaded 4 month sleep regression. I was absolutely petrified!!! It never happened 😅
We've had sleep regression since the day my 10yo was born so I don't buy it😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I dunno I think there's some truth to it. Like we know babies hit milestones and learn skills at roughly the same time so makes sense they'd be harder work around that time. I've found that the skills learnt bit is always spot on with whatever new things she's picked up at that time and foe the first few months she seemed harder work during the fussy periods. From around 4m I didn't notice spells of fussiness anymore.

Mind you if she was hard work one day and the app didn't have her in the fussy stage, I'd tell myself she must have hit the next one early or stayed in the previous one longer to take the responsibility off my tit parenting 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t believe in wonder weeks or sleep regressions. I DO believe babies (and toddlers…and older kids… and possibly adults!) go through stages of more unsettled behaviours, including sleep, and I do believe a lot of that is based around what’s going on in their wee brains. But I think it happens when it happens for that child, not on any set schedule as the wonder weeks and regressions would have you believe.

I dunno I think there's some truth to it. Like we know babies hit milestones and learn skills at roughly the same time so makes sense they'd be harder work around that time. I've found that the skills learnt bit is always spot on with whatever new things she's picked up at that time and foe the first few months she seemed harder work during the fussy periods. From around 4m I didn't notice spells of fussiness anymore.

Mind you if she was hard work one day and the app didn't have her in the fussy stage, I'd tell myself she must have hit the next one early or stayed in the previous one longer to take the responsibility off my tit parenting 😂😂
Fussy baby is not at all tit parenting. We all have crap days which are nobody else’s fault - babies included ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I hate the app; it’s like a map of misery. I do not need a calendar with little storm clouds on in my life. Let me live in ignorant bliss 😂 I will say my children both seem to sleep worse when I think they’re having growth spurts / learning something spectacularly new. Baby Runner has been having some awful nights lately but has learnt how to wobbly walk the last little while so I’m blaming that

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Leaps (that I know of) didn’t exist 13 years ago when I had my first. I honestly think it’s a new made up thing to sell some apps and make people money. I do believe they have sleep regressions, but that’s when they learn something new and their brains are in overdrive.
I haven’t really read into it much, but I know some twatty ‘influencer’ was shoving it down everyone’s throat and people do believe in them. There may be some truth, but I wouldn’t follow it. You’ll be dreading every new week 😂

• Heart
Off topic but guys I’ve just watched the last episode of the traitors and duck ME I cannot cope

• Haha
Just looking for some advice on allergies ect.
I don't even know if it is one.

Everleigh keeps waking up between 10 and 12pm, crying and then grunting and groaning with mixture of crying.
She doesn't seem to do this during the day but I originally noticed it seemed to happen after she'd have rice pudding after dinner.
Then noticed it was if she had yogurt too.
Then about a week ago, she had ice cream and it happened again, she was awake 11pm-4am like she was unable to get comfy, kept crying

I don't know if these are just coincidence though. Tonight I gave her a yogurt before bed and she's now in her cot rolling around grunting and crying.

She seems fine during the day, it always seems to be at this time.
She also seems fine with her bottle as it isn't every night.
Although she only has 2 or 3oz of semi skimmed milk.

Her poo is normal, well, can be quite solid, but not runny or anything.

So I'm really confused but it really seems to be triggered by these kinds of things 🤔

I also say she's alright during the day but she doesn't tend to have these things during the day, it's usually after dinner/before bed 🤔

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t believe in wonder weeks or sleep regressions. I DO believe babies (and toddlers…and older kids… and possibly adults!) go through stages of more unsettled behaviours, including sleep, and I do believe a lot of that is based around what’s going on in their wee brains. But I think it happens when it happens for that child, not on any set schedule as the wonder weeks and regressions would have you believe.

Fussy baby is not at all tit parenting. We all have crap days which are nobody else’s fault - babies included ❤
I agree, it also helps when baby is being super fussy to think oh they are having a tough time as they are trying to learn a giant task like roll, walk, talk. It just take a lot of brain power for those things!

• Heart
Just looking for some advice on allergies ect.
I don't even know if it is one.

Everleigh keeps waking up between 10 and 12pm, crying and then grunting and groaning with mixture of crying.
She doesn't seem to do this during the day but I originally noticed it seemed to happen after she'd have rice pudding after dinner.
Then noticed it was if she had yogurt too.
Then about a week ago, she had ice cream and it happened again, she was awake 11pm-4am like she was unable to get comfy, kept crying

I don't know if these are just coincidence though. Tonight I gave her a yogurt before bed and she's now in her cot rolling around grunting and crying.

She seems fine during the day, it always seems to be at this time.
She also seems fine with her bottle as it isn't every night.
Although she only has 2 or 3oz of semi skimmed milk.

Her poo is normal, well, can be quite solid, but not runny or anything.

So I'm really confused but it really seems to be triggered by these kinds of things 🤔

I also say she's alright during the day but she doesn't tend to have these things during the day, it's usually after dinner/before bed 🤔
This was literally mini Waka! Fine during the day, I was starting to gaslight myself that I was making it up and desperate to prove to nursery that there was actually a problem (they were reluctant to stop giving her trigger foods) but I have linked it to a specific set of foods and of course the oat milk she was guzzling. Weirdly enough, fish fingers too 🤷🏼‍♀️
Maybe it’s the amount of dairy as mini Waka can sometimes get rashes with coconut yoghurt, keep a food diary to see the links

This was literally mini Waka! Fine during the day, I was starting to gaslight myself that I was making it up and desperate to prove to nursery that there was actually a problem (they were reluctant to stop giving her trigger foods) but I have linked it to a specific set of foods and of course the oat milk she was guzzling. Weirdly enough, fish fingers too 🤷🏼‍♀️
Maybe it’s the amount of dairy as mini Waka can sometimes get rashes with coconut yoghurt, keep a food diary to see the links
I still find this so awful that they wanted to give her foods because there Wasn’t proof. You wouldn’t give a vegetarian meat!

I’m going to go a bit off tangent , so please scroll by if you’re not interested 😂
What are peoples options on couple with children splitting up and living situations? I’ve always believed if you split up, the man should live somewhere else, not in the same house, as mum normally gets custody, and who wants to uproot kids? This may be because I went through my parents divorce and my dad moved out straight away.
This isn’t me and Mr B by the way 😂 friends of ours. I don’t want to cause any rows snoop. Just seeing other peoples POV

Baby o is having a rough night tonight. She had her meltdown before bed, then we had tears again at bedtime and she’s just woken up again. I went in twice, rocked her to sleep and she woke up when I transferred her (and she’s normally a solid transferrer) so in the end I had to bend over the cot and rub her back until she fell asleep 🥺 as I’ve said before, she’s never normally a very cuddly/clingy kid, she’s usually pretty independent and certainly no more attached to me than she is her dad or even her grandparents so I wonder what’s going on with her 😢

I was tempted to climb into the cot with her but I had visions of it crashing down underneath me and the inevitable hell that would ensue after.

I wish we could co sleep. When she was tiny (and not mobile) I used to lay her next to me until she fell asleep or even early in the morning if she woke up and I loved it. But she’s constantly trying to crawl off the end of the bed and I think our mattress is too soft for her 😒

• Heart
I still find this so awful that they wanted to give her foods because there Wasn’t proof. You wouldn’t give a vegetarian meat!

I’m going to go a bit off tangent , so please scroll by if you’re not interested 😂
What are peoples options on couple with children splitting up and living situations? I’ve always believed if you split up, the man should live somewhere else, not in the same house, as mum normally gets custody, and who wants to uproot kids? This may be because I went through my parents divorce and my dad moved out straight away.
This isn’t me and Mr B by the way 😂 friends of ours. I don’t want to cause any rows snoop. Just seeing other peoples POV
Tbf I went in with an extensive list so I must have looked potty, I didn’t give her tomato or citrus based foods before nursery either due to her reflux, coupled alongside the undiagnosed intolerances they must have thought I was absolutely bonkers.

Re living situations I think you’re right as children stay in the home with main carer, which is usually mums.

Reactions: 1

I haven’t ever given it much thought tbh, but I guess depends on the situation. So if the house can accommodate everyone and the couple are happy to live in it with each other as co-parents I think that would be the ideal. If that can’t happen and custody is split in favour of one parent (so they get majority time) that parent should remain in the family home, no matter if it’s mum or dad. And if it’s 50/50 custody then I haven’t a clue 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.