New baby and post birth advice #39 Soupless Soul Sistas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My 14 month old is very petite (7.5kg) and 9th percentile height, he still uses a newborn carrier car seat which says it is up to 13kg. Does anyone know if at any point I need to take the head cushion insert part out or do you leave them in?
As said above when they can hold their head up then take it out. Also, with those infant car seats, you need to keep an eye on their height as well. If there is less than approx an inch between top of their head and top of the car seat, they’ve outgrown it. Weight isn’t the best way to measure at all, sadly, even though that’s what is used.

Reactions: 3
My child won’t even eat pizza. Who doesn’t like pizza ffs
We had Domino’s tonight and he didn’t even pick up his slice to explore!! 😐
He played with a couple of chunks of mango then fed them to me, chewed a couple of potato wedges then spat them out, then managed 1/3 of a yog. But only because Mr SI spoon fed him, which we never usually do and don’t want to start 😑

As said above when they can hold their head up then take it out. Also, with those infant car seats, you need to keep an eye on their height as well. If there is less than approx an inch between top of their head and top of the car seat, they’ve outgrown it. Weight isn’t the best way to measure at all, sadly, even though that’s what is used.
I measured him yesterday he had 6 inches of space from his head hitting the top. Obviously I will change it if that sounds wrong x

I definitely would, yes 😊

I've always had to remove mine anyway or their head is too squashed into it when they get bigger
bizarrely his head still fits in it so assumed it was right🤣maybe he has a pea head🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I measured him yesterday he had 6 inches of space from his head hitting the top. Obviously I will change it if that sounds wrong x
I'd also remeasure once you've taken the insert out 😊
Although obviously you'd be able to see if he's close to an inch anyway!

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know which rear facing car seats fit in the back of a VW up? I’m guessing it will have to be a from birth one as he won’t be anywhere near the limit for the 9KG.

Snapped and told Mr G tonight that he needs to help more, I’m fed up of being unsupported and unappreciated and doing absolutely everything. And the things he does do, I either need to talk him through step by step (infuriating) or he does it so badly I have to redo it myself anyway.

He did at least seem to take it on board. I also threw in that he can’t expect me to want to have sex with him when I’m exhausted and stressed and he’s doing nothing to help with that. Since then he has done some jobs around the house that I asked him to without huffing and puffing at least - let’s see how long it lasts 😅

I can’t believe it Christmas Eve tomorrow! Still feel grossly unprepared but at least finished my wrapping tonight while drinking a bottle of Prosecco. It all looks a bit wonky but I know my 1 year old won’t care at least 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My daughter doesn't like butter in her sandwiches and the butter on her toast has to be completely melted.....she is a little weirdo like her Mammy 😂
That’s exactly how I like it, I can’t stand seeing any unmelted on my toast

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just eaten a bowl full of home made buttercream 🤤

Me with cheese

I’m also part of the only when melted crew for cheese. Cheese strings? Vile. People that eat cheese from the pack/block? Heathens that should be arrested

Yeah but it’s shite and I don’t think it reclines far enough 😂 either that or we are too totally missing something but we’ve been over it a million times
I found that the isofix base was making baby Bs head fall forward & if the car seat is tipped to the back following the seat if that makes sense.
We use the seat belt now and have the bit by his feet resting against the back of the car so a little bit of the base of the car seat is off the chair if this makes sense I’m reading it back & it doesn’t to me 😂
I can post a picture tomorrow if it helps

Last edited:
  • Haha

I’m also part of the only when melted crew for cheese. Cheese strings? Vile. People that eat cheese from the pack/block? Heathens that should be arrested

I found that the isofix base was making baby Bs head fall forward & if the car seat is tipped to the back following the seat if that makes sense.
We use the seat belt now and have the bit by his feet resting against the back of the car so a little bit of the base of the car seat is off the chair if this makes sense I’m reading it back & it doesn’t to me 😂
I can post a picture tomorrow if it helps
Nooo, grated cheese from the pack is just the best snack when you're popping into the fridge!

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Send help 18 months old with a cough/cold will not settle it’s 1am and he’s still not going to sleep and I’ve tried everything. Warm milk. Water. Cough syrup. Calpol. Lullaby’s. Baby sensory videos. Sharing a bed with him he just keeps throwing himself on the floor and crying constantly

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.