• 2+ years

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I gave Mr Waka a note with my social media contact details

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title comes from @jackolantern and her endless futile attempts to create edible soup. Honestly hun, just buy heinz. Although after her Christmas potato biscuits, perhaps @WhatABore should get an honourable mention for the Great Tattle Bake-off too.

I really wanted to work my thread highlight into the title but couldn’t work out how. But @wakametango 2.0’s husband’s anonymous note admirer was my favourite story from the last thread 😂

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@WhatABore as always I'm MIA as the good tit happens but I just wanted to say, HUN those make my soup look tasty x

Infact, they'd probably make a beautiful pair for dunking. Can I just ask, how the actual duck have you managed to bake cookies that look like a different food entirely a.k.a. mouldy spuds? That has to be a world record surely? 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Love the fact i state the thread rules are all about being supportive… while simultaneously taking the piss outta @WhatABore ‘s baking skills. Let me just say, I’m telling you they look like potatoes with great love 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@WhatABore as always I'm MIA as the good tit happens but I just wanted to say, HUN those make my soup look tasty x

Infact, they'd probably make a beautiful pair for dunking. Can I just ask, how the actual duck have you managed to bake cookies that look like a different food entirely a.k.a. mouldy spuds? That has to be a world record surely? 😂 😂 😂
Legit thought they were potatoes with green paint on.

Also, I think I might be superwoman? Tonight I have: cooked dinner (sorry @jackolantern ... It was homemade Jewish penicillin aka chicken soup) , made lemsip for man-flu husband, fed dinner to children, put the kids to bed, fixed the chuffing heating (!!!), fixed the glitchy baby monitor (masking tape ftw), washed up, cleaned the kitchen and did my weekly meal planning and online food shop.

I'm never going to be this successful and productive again.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Also, I think I might be superwoman? Tonight I have: cooked dinner (sorry @jackolantern ... It was homemade Jewish penicillin aka chicken soup) , made lemsip for man-flu husband, fed dinner to children, put the kids to bed, fixed the chuffing heating (!!!), fixed the glitchy baby monitor (masking tape ftw), washed up, cleaned the kitchen and did my weekly meal planning and online food shop.

I say this with all due respect, piss off x

I meanwhile, have argued with OH, had half a cup of cold tea and kicked the printer, so I mean, domestic bliss really?

😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
But why am I having to tick 19-24 months? We are on the downward slope to him being two. And that isn’t ok 😭😭😭

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 That feeling of having smashed it is just amazing! Enjoy basking in your glory!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I will have you know that I am a half decent Baker.
Usually.
🤣
To the point my Mum was a cake baker in her 20s, and had been baking constantly since for people and she asked for my cake recipe over her own 🤣

This however. Did not go well.

Go look at the Thesqueakymixer on tiktok. Her sliced sugar cookie.
That is what they were supposed to be 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I will have you believe that I am a half decent Baker.
Usually.
🤣
To the point my Mum was a cake baker in her 20s, and had been baking constantly since for people and she asked for my cake recipe over her own 🤣

This however. Did not go well.

Go look at the Thesqueakymixer on tiktok. Her sliced sugar cookie.
That is what they were supposed to be 🤣
Mate you are going to have to redeem yourself or ain't none of us gonna believe you 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
These threads are moving fast!!
Last time ticking the 7-9 month box as my little one is 10 months next week 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.