Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Well this morning was off to a great start. Everleigh woke up at 3.30. Went quiet every 10 minutes or so until 4.15.
Get her up and bring her into my room whilst I get dressed.
I'm already ill and super chesty. So coughing resulted in me being sick. Over the 4yos tablet and her dolls house box we've got her for Christmas. And the carpet 🙃
Then whilst rushing into the bathroom, I step on some random sharp piece of plastic that went into my foot 👌🏻 whilst trying not to be sick 😂
Can't say in my whole adult life, I've been sick anywhere other than the toilet. So that was great 😂
And that was all in the space of 10 minutes of getting up 🙃

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

cupcake_face

Thanks ladies, we usually have a mooch round sainsburys before singing hello to the sun, moon and corn (if you know, you know) so will pick some up today 😘

• Haha
  • Heart

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
When I had mine (and now I’m getting broody remembering what life was like before a small monster tried to steal chips out my hands and pinch my belly rolls) I had her at 9 and was moved onto a ward with 3 others at 3am. They were all asleep and it was soo peaceful, then mine started crying and I had no idea what to do and it set all the others off. I was absolutely mortified and the midwife came over and was like “why don’t you try and feed her love” and I was like “oh she fed 2 hours ago and on my course they said every 3 hours”. It was a fast learning curve 🤣

I had no idea they’d put the NICU mums on the same ward though, that seems unimaginably cruel (although I imagine it’s more space/resources than a desire to be cruel) but still, how awful 💔

• Haha
  • Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I will admit it. I like porridge. I actually took some in one of the kids’ food flasks to eat in the car on the way to work last week (I ran out of time to eat at home. And I was driving safely…😬)

And since we are confessing things …. I make my own soup regularly 🙈🙈🙈 we aren’t adverse to a tin (but I dunno what you’re all talking about Heinz #costoflivingcrisis) especially tomato soup, but we have homemade soup once a week in winter. I’ll see myself out 😫😫🤣🤣

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I still have nightmares about the lactulose they gave me in the hospital I honestly didn’t know what it was at first they kept bringing it with paracetamol and oramorph so I thought it was more painkillers and just kept taking it. I still have visions of me waddling down the corridor to NICU as fast as I could walk still in pain whilst trying not to shit myself. And then having to wait at the door until someone buzzed me in ahhh x

• Haha

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
I think my baby is broken. It’s absolutely Baltic in our house tonight, I’m in joggers, thick socks and an oodie under the duvet. She’s in bed with me in pjs and a vest, absolutely refuses to go under the duvet and screams if I try and tuck her in. She’s so warm as well, like a little radiator - not a fever, I think she was just a lizard in a past life. Takes after her dad who tried to sleep with the window open when we were skiing a few years ago🤣
Ps not sure if anyone has tried to breastfeed in an oodie before but 0/10 recommend, logistically very difficult 🤣🤣

• Haha

Littleelf

VIP Member
Baby elf has got a really snotty nose so of course he slept a grand total of about 15 minutes last night 😴

KW went out to watch the football and comes back drunk so he sleeps through it all. And now I'm up for the day after having less than 2 hours sleep and KW just moaned at me to take baby elf downstairs because hes trying to "catch up on his sleep". Its going to be a long day.

• Sad
  • Angry

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I feel it’s important you know that at 20 months ToddlerMe only has 6.5 teeth, and still guzzles the boobs, and thus still has sweet baby milky breath at night. I was just sniffing it a few minutes ago, like a creep. Honestly the BEST smell ever 🥰🥰

• Heart

miaaaa

Baby girl went to her dads this evening, the usual 4 hours. She came back with a massive bump on her head. He made out like it was no big deal. Brought her to A&E for peace of mind because I wasn’t there when it happened.. the doctors told me there was no way my 4 month old could of gotten the bump the way he told me. I’m actually heart broken for her, even the thought of her being in pain kills me.

really thinking of all the sick mums and babies. Mums you’re doing amazing and the babies are so resilient they are stronger than we think..!!
As others have said, you 10000% need to stop contact. You've had proof before he's been neglecting her needs, no there is potential abuse I wouldn't even be questioning it.

Log EVERYTHING, take photos with dates, times, etc. I don't want to scare you but you need to protect yourself as there have been cases I've witnessed before where a child was with dad, got injured while with dad but dad claimed baby came to him injured like that so mum was also questioned.

sodit

VIP Member
I was in a ward with 3 others. One poor woman's baby was in special care unit. I often think about her and how lonely she mustve felt sharing a room with 3 women and their baby's
This was me my first night. There was something iffy about baby but they couldn’t put their finger on it and sent my husband home and moved us to the ward. Within half an hour he stopped breathing and was rushed away in a travel incubator and I was told I couldn’t follow. That night alone next to an empty crib on a ward with other babies was surreal. Didn’t want to ring Mr SI and have to say the words aloud and make it real, so I texted and it turns out he was asleep anyway, he’d been told he wasn’t allowed back until visiting hours at 11am and he’d thought he’d be coming to pick us up forever so was getting a final proper night of sleep in. So I was in my own little world of horror. It was after half 7 the next morning I was finally taken to see him and confirmed he was actually still alive even 😖
I did get moved to my own room in the end cos of having no baby with me, although I kept being told it was a privilege and at one point was going to be turfed back to the shared space for someone who needed to be isolated (omnicron times) but they did something else with her thank god.
Having my own room was good except when Baby SodIt was finally back with me and we were waiting for someone to come and do his antibiotics. I needed the post birth poo but didn’t want to be going at it audibly in the en suite 😖

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
These thread titles apparently influence me more than anyone on Instagram. Not only have I purchased an air fryer in the past few weeks, I also recently bought ready brek for the first time since I was a child and forgot how much I liked it. 🤣 Golden syrup in it ftw though.

@jackolantern did we ever establish what flavour soup it was you were trying to make? 👀
It was chicken and veg! But frankly it was like dirty old dish water/a drunkards vomit on my shop doorway after a heavy sesh x

So all in all, delicious as you can imagine

• Haha
  • Sick

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Caught up with the thread while Kitten was sleeping in my arms. Nearly woke her up laughing a few times with all the salad cream and soggy bread 😅
She's getting a bit better (no fever), but keeps coughing and didn't eat that much at daycare today, which is so unlike her :(

@Blair-Waldorf Thinking of you and Baby Blair ❤ Hope he's on the mend soon!

@jackolantern when I go pick up Kitten at daycare (on foot), I sing a silly made up song about how glorious she is on the way there, out loud (it's loosely based on Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga 😆). Can we still be friends? If it helps, I never made soup before and I can burn stuff just by simply thinking of cooking it 😂
How's the dog btw? Hope she's okay ❤
KW caught me singing a song i made up for bath time at the weekend. It’s ‘give it up’ by KC and the sunshine band but instead it goes:
Na-na, na-na, na-na, na-na-na-na now
Baby’s lil butt
Lil butt
Baaaaaby’s lil butt

• Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I’m so sorry so many of the babies have been very unwell recently. You mums are all superheroes, dealing with very unwell babies is such a difficult task, in every way ❤❤ Speedy recovery to all xxx

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
JUSTICE FOR PORRIDGE

PS. I realise the gif isn't porridge but it tickled me and non-surprisingly there are no good porridge gifs

• Haha

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Out tonight with a friend (can’t be bothered. It’s too cold, and I’d rather get my pjs on coz I’m shattered) anyway, been a while since I’ve been out. Mr B is working til 6 (never works this late, but you know. I’m going out. Why wouldn’t he work so late??) I’m expected to get all the kids fed, ready for dinner and sort myself out to leave just after 7. That’s about 15 minutes to get me ready. Yet, when he goes out with the boys next week, I’ll be doing it all solo and he’ll probably get a lazy morning. So done with being the one to do it all

• Heart
  • Sad

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Baby G has been back to the doctors tonight. She doesn’t have tonsillitis but a very red sore throat. She’s off her food, miserable as anything and keeps crying randomly - proper sad quiet crying 💔 Her little voice is so hoarse too, I feel so sad for her.

I’m going to have to take dependants leave tomorrow, my second day in two weeks. The illnesses have been relentless recently, she’s been unwell for 3 weeks now. And I’ve fallen really behind with work, between time off for her when she’s ill and annual leave I’ve had to book for various things, I just don’t have enough time to get everything done.

Having a big glass of wine and fondly remembering mat leave when I had none of the work stress to worry about!

• Heart