New baby and post birth advice #38: I've just come to accept the fact that my children are in fact, feral

My baby is…

• Three months or less

Votes: 29 28.4%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 10 9.8%
  • 13-18 months

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • 19-24 months

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • 2 years +

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Still pregnant and reading ahead

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • I’m a lurking KW

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I actually like porridge

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @miaaaa for the thread title

@Dipdab your wish is my command - a new thread before midnight!

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I will admit it. I like porridge. I actually took some in one of the kids’ food flasks to eat in the car on the way to work last week (I ran out of time to eat at home. And I was driving safely…😬)

And since we are confessing things …. I make my own soup regularly 🙈🙈🙈 we aren’t adverse to a tin (but I dunno what you’re all talking about Heinz #costoflivingcrisis) especially tomato soup, but we have homemade soup once a week in winter. I’ll see myself out 😫😫🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The poll options forever make me smile😂

I will admit it. I like porridge. I actually took some in one of the kids’ food flasks to eat in the car on the way to work last week (I ran out of time to eat at home. And I was driving safely…😬)

And since we are confessing things …. I make my own soup regularly 🙈🙈🙈 we aren’t adverse to a tin (but I dunno what you’re all talking about Heinz #costoflivingcrisis) especially tomato soup, but we have homemade soup once a week in winter. I’ll see myself out 😫😫🤣🤣
Love me a homemade soup, especially a minestrone 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
JUSTICE FOR PORRIDGE

PS. I realise the gif isn't porridge but it tickled me and non-surprisingly there are no good porridge gifs

• Haha

I also like porridge and regularly make my own homemade soup, including things like boiling up a chicken carcass after a roast to make chicken soup... Do I need to see myself out too??

• Heart
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
We have a soup maker and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent 🫣 I love a good soup, I have it pretty much every weekday for lunch cos it’s just so easy with a clingy babe 🤤

• Heart
The poll options forever make me smile😂

Love me a homemade soup, especially a minestrone 🤤
Oh I’m so jealous, I love minestrone, but MrMe hates “floaty” soups, so we can only have ones which are blitzed up 👎🏻 Why is it as mothers we so often give up what we like just because it doesn’t suit everyone else? So many things I like to eat I never buy/make as nobody else likes them and it feels selfish to just sit myself.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve never made homemade soup in my life tbh fair play to those of you who can be arsed because I’m a lazy witch

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thanks to @miaaaa for the thread title

@Dipdab your wish is my command - a new thread before midnight!

Guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy to make sure I don’t miss it
yay clinging onto that 10-12 box

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hope you’re doing okay @Blair-Waldorf ❤.
We got discharged yesterday after being in since Weds with bronchiolitis- also an ex preemie. I had a bit of a breakdown to one of the nurses about it and Mr A was good at explaining (when I couldn’t) about how she was a preemie and it was all white triggering for me and they were so good with us. You’re in the best place and hopefully will be out soon ❤

• Heart
Will you all kindly duck off, I get it soup is easy and I'm just incompetent OKAY :mad::LOL::mad::LOL::mad:

I’ve never made homemade soup in my life tbh fair play to those of you who can be arsed because I’m a lazy witch
We don't need these bishes x

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh I’m so jealous, I love minestrone, but MrMe hates “floaty” soups, so we can only have ones which are blitzed up 👎🏻 Why is it as mothers we so often give up what we like just because it doesn’t suit everyone else? So many things I like to eat I never buy/make as nobody else likes them and it feels selfish to just sit myself.
I'm with Mr Me on that. I strain all the floaty bits out when cooked 😂🙈

3 kids deep I much prefer it in a packet now😂

• Haha
Soup does nothing for me. Doesn’t fill me up, and I end up eating 2 lunches when I have soup. Although, I am partial to a leek and potato soup 🤤 fresh, like served at a wedding

Reactions: 4
We have a soup maker and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent 🫣 I love a good soup, I have it pretty much every weekday for lunch cos it’s just so easy with a clingy babe 🤤
We have a soup maker but I never use it now. Instead Mr A makes his weekly mushroom soup in it which looks like petrol and I have point blank refused to even taste for years 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Soup does nothing for me. Doesn’t fill me up, and I end up eating 2 lunches when I have soup. Although, I am partial to a leek and potato soup 🤤 fresh, like served at a wedding
Ah man I can't do public soup, everything I eat ends up being worn by the 11lb chest danglers so liquid nourishment is too much of a stain risk 😅 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can’t even make pancakes I’m definitely not successfully making soup.

Although I am going to try flavoured fudge in a couple of weeks for cheap Christmas presents #smpsucks I can’t possibly get that wrong wish me luck! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ah man I can't do public soup, everything I eat ends up being worn by the 11lb chest danglers so liquid nourishment is too much of a stain risk 😅 😂
Sound like Mr B. He can’t eat anything without getting it down him. The baby has better control than him

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.