New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh what I would give for someone to feed me pancakes right now.. solo parenting is not going too well. Toddler was waaaay over tired from being up at 5 and no nap and woke at 8.30pm with some hideous type of night terror it was awful šŸ˜” luckily the baby just kindly goes back to sleep so I can deal with it šŸ˜¢ hereā€™s hoping my night isnā€™t too rough šŸ¤žšŸ¼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
After the usual night of wake ups every 2 hours and starting our day at about 5:15 I have made pancakes for the whole family this morning (egg free banana pancakes for the baby, gluten free normal pancakes for everyone else) plus a blueberry and strawberry sauce which I turned into chia jam for the baby... I'll expect my "mum of the year" medal any day now šŸ˜‚

I genuinely don't know what possessed me, I think I was filled with the festive spirit but I think I'm done for the day now, I've exhausted myself before 8am!
We had macdonalds breakfast. Baby elf had a hash brown šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I tried to make some the other day and the whole mix went in the bin after the first 2 failed.
Pancakes are harder to make than a roast dinner
Iā€™ve actually cried before trying to make pancakes and the first 2 coming out wrong. But that was with the premade ā€˜only have to add milk/eggā€™ mix, and Iā€™ve never gone back to it. I always make my own, and even if the first one is a bit questionable, the rest turn out perfect. And now I really want pancakes šŸ« 

Reactions: 3
Iā€™ve actually cried before trying to make pancakes and the first 2 coming out wrong. But that was with the premade ā€˜only have to add milk/eggā€™ mix, and Iā€™ve never gone back to it. I always make my own, and even if the first one is a bit questionable, the rest turn out perfect. And now I really want pancakes šŸ« 
I donā€™t understand how theyā€™re so difficult to make and the first always goes wrong!
These ones were the banana egg and oats ones and Iā€™ve tried it with weetabix. Iā€™ve given up now Iā€™m sticking to pre bought scotch pancakes šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I always use the BBC American pancakes recipe. They have banana ones on there too. I've never bothered with oat ones šŸ˜‚
The 4yo would eat pancakes for every meal if I let her. No matter the type

I think a good pan is the secret to making good pancakes. We bought a new one a while ago, and never have any dud pancakes. Dud kids, yes indeed. Dud pancakes, never.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gosh, pancakes are on the menu for breakfast about 4/5 times a week here šŸ™Š 3yo loves them and can now make the mix independently, all I have to do is cook them. I also find pancakes easier than scraping weetabix off the floor after baby throws it šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 5
Gosh, pancakes are on the menu for breakfast about 4/5 times a week here šŸ™Š 3yo loves them and can now make the mix independently, all I have to do is cook them. I also find pancakes easier than scraping weetabix off the floor after baby throws it šŸ˜‚
Yes we have them a good few times a week as well. Plus we always make extra and freeze them, so after two or three making sessions weā€™ve enough for breakfast from the freezer.
They are the one thing ToddlerMe actually eats for breakfast šŸ™ŒšŸ»

Reactions: 1
Pancakes in this house too for the baby šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø I feel absolutely rotten today I think Iā€™ve woken up with some kind of stomach bug šŸ˜©

After a horrible 3 hours with the 3yo we've just arrived at a garden centre to go look at some lights and decorations... There is an older lady in the car next to me on her own eating a chocolate bar, I am so jealous haha. I said that to my husband and he said "has it really been so bad that your idea of fun right now is sitting alone in a car park eating a chocolate bar?" and my answer was an emphatic yes!
I don't think they understand how exciting alone time with a snack can be when they're not with the kids 24/7.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
KW thinking Iā€™m being over protective: This time of year when everyoneā€™s ill what is it with people still thinking itā€™s ok to visit? Father in law just called to say ā€œIā€™ve got a bit of a cold but I still feel ok to come over I just wonā€™t get too close to the babiesā€. Erm no how about you pop over when youā€™re better šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Call me paranoid but after whatā€™s in news about kids getting seriously ill I just donā€™t want to risk it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Getting really pissed off with this cost of living tit and not getting anything for your money anymore.
I put the heating on for 20 minutes itā€™s cost me Ā£1.50 and not even warmed the babyā€™s room by 1 degree so now Iā€™ve had to put the electric heater on in his room anyway otherwise heā€™s sleeping in a 14-15 degree room
Weā€™re not massively skint but itā€™s bleeping me off now worrying about bills and usage constantly

sorry just needed a moan about the tit show of this country and shell with their $9 billion profits. Wankers
Ahh we have a Victorian house and we have the same situation. I was on a thread earlier where someone said it was disgusting an influencer childā€™s bedroom was 16.5 degrees and it made me feel bad! For us itā€™s 16 with the heating on and itā€™s barely going above that at all. He actually does seem warm enough though, his hands arenā€™t cold in the night but Iā€™m with you on having to have the heating on just to keep them the minimum amount of warm šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Ahh we have a Victorian house and we have the same situation. I was on a thread earlier where someone said it was disgusting an influencer childā€™s bedroom was 16.5 degrees and it made me feel bad! For us itā€™s 16 with the heating on and itā€™s barely going above that at all. He actually does seem warm enough though, his hands arenā€™t cold in the night but Iā€™m with you on having to have the heating on just to keep them the minimum amount of warm šŸ™ƒ
Is 16 degrees too low? Ive never even thought about it too much before Babyelfs room is 16 degrees now, we won't have the heating on again tonight. Hes in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleeping bag and hes been fine each night up untill now. Its supposed to get alot colder here in the coming week so I might get out the fleece pjs for him. I guess they would wake if they were cold wouldn't they šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
Is 16 degrees too low? Ive never even thought about it too much before Babyelfs room is 16 degrees now, we won't have the heating on again tonight. Hes in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog sleeping bag and hes been fine each night up untill now. Its supposed to get alot colder here in the coming week so I might get out the fleece pjs for him. I guess they would wake if they were cold wouldn't they šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Yeah same for what heā€™s wearing. I think weā€™ll get fleece ones too. We need to look into getting our loft insulated as upstairs is definitely not as warm but I really donā€™t think 16 is that cold, I thought it was the minimum okay temp for babies?! He seems fine anyway so Iā€™m going to stop worrying. šŸ¤£ Just made me wonder what temperature everyone elseā€™s rooms are in December!

Yeah same for what heā€™s wearing. I think weā€™ll get fleece ones too. We need to look into getting our loft insulated as upstairs is definitely not as warm but I really donā€™t think 16 is that cold, I thought it was the minimum okay temp for babies?! He seems fine anyway so Iā€™m going to stop worrying. šŸ¤£ Just made me wonder what temperature everyone elseā€™s rooms are in December!
As far as I'm aware, they say 16-19 degrees is the ideal

Reactions: 5
Weā€™re in a new build and itā€™s freezing, Iā€™ve gone in his room every night this week and itā€™s been around 15.6 so lower than the recommended temp I donā€™t think thatā€™s the reason heā€™s waking heā€™s in a long sleeve vest sleepsuit 2.5 tog bag and his helmet is meant to keep some heat in. Heā€™s slept his longest stretch when itā€™s been under 16 but itā€™s such a concern if he then gets ill
I canā€™t afford to keep the heating on just to keep the house at 16 degrees so Iā€™m having to put the heater on every time I go in his room so the electrics high instead šŸ™ƒ

• Heart
Weā€™re in a new build and itā€™s freezing, Iā€™ve gone in his room every night this week and itā€™s been around 15.6 so lower than the recommended temp I donā€™t think thatā€™s the reason heā€™s waking heā€™s in a long sleeve vest sleepsuit 2.5 tog bag and his helmet is meant to keep some heat in. Heā€™s slept his longest stretch when itā€™s been under 16 but itā€™s such a concern if he then gets ill
I canā€™t afford to keep the heating on just to keep the house at 16 degrees so Iā€™m having to put the heater on every time I go in his room so the electrics high instead šŸ™ƒ
Can you get some foil behind the radiators to reflect some heat in? Maybe a draft stopper attached to the bottom of his door so the heat can't escape under there & some thick or doubled up curtains and blinds to block any heat escaping the windows too?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.