New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It sounds silly, but are you fully emptying your bladder when you go? Next time you go, tip yourself slightly forward, if there's any left over wee in your bladder it should come out with the pressure of you leaning forward slightly
Also are you drinking more in the evenings before you go to bed and your body settles down?
Can confirm this definitely helps!

Reactions: 1
@WhatABore is that a new thing? I wonder if it’s a UTI but not the typical symptoms? Because unless you are drinking insane amounts, that is a highly unusual number of times to have to pee.

It sounds silly, but are you fully emptying your bladder when you go? Next time you go, tip yourself slightly forward, if there's any left over wee in your bladder it should come out with the pressure of you leaning forward slightly
Also are you drinking more in the evenings before you go to bed and your body settles down?
I constantly make sure it's empty properly for this reason.
Especially before bed. I literally sit there and move around into all sorts of positions to make sure it's empty 😂😂
And if anything I drink less in the evening as as soon as the kids are in bed, we come upstairs and I just have 1 drink with me and I'm too lazy to consider going downstairs and getting another so I hardly drink it 😂
I wake up with a headache every morning and I'm sure it's because I'm peeing out more than I'm taking in!

@WhatABore is that a new thing? I wonder if it’s a UTI but not the typical symptoms? Because unless you are drinking insane amounts, that is a highly unusual number of times to have to pee.
It's been about 8 or 9 months now. Driving me insane.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
They do, if shes struggling with her breathing they will give her oxygen or a nebuliser. Is she pulling in around her throat or her ribs/tummy?
Honestly, RSV is horrible, even if they don't do anything for her, it will give you some peace of mind
I’ve checked her for the sucking in movements it seems ok now but I swear today is the most she has ever cried ever 😫
I constantly make sure it's empty properly for this reason.
Especially before bed. I literally sit there and move around into all sorts of positions to make sure it's empty 😂😂
And if anything I drink less in the evening as as soon as the kids are in bed, we come upstairs and I just have 1 drink with me and I'm too lazy to consider going downstairs and getting another so I hardly drink it 😂
I wake up with a headache every morning and I'm sure it's because I'm peeing out more than I'm taking in!

It's been about 8 or 9 months now. Driving me insane.
this is strange because I have the exact same problem so I go for a week hardly anything comes out sometimes then I stand up wipe and then all of a sudden I need to go again won’t come out when I’m on the loo but if I stand up it comes out. I am actually concerned it’s from where I was stitched back up I don’t suppose you had a tear or anything like me? X

I've been meaning to say for ages, the news has just reminded me.
Theres been a lot of news reports about possible rolling blackouts and the grid being switched off in areas to save power.
Ladies get on the priority register if you aren't already. If you've children under 5 they cannot switch you off to ease pressure on the grid, and you won't be subject to the rolling blackouts they are suggesting.
This also applies to any family/friends who may not have children or children over 5 but have any physical or cognitive impairments such as mental health, dementia, autism etc.
Get signed up!!!

Reactions: 11
Theres been a lot of news reports about possible rolling blackouts and the grid being switched off in areas to save power.
Ladies get on the priority register if you aren't already. If you've children under 5 they cannot switch you off to ease pressure on the grid, and you won't be subject to the rolling blackouts they are suggesting.
This also applies to any family/friends who may not have children or children over 5 but have any physical or cognitive impairments such as mental health, dementia, autism etc.
Get signed up!!!
How do you do this?

Argh got baby’s 8week jabs this morning, got myself in a right flap about it for some reason. Everyone says you are more relaxed with your second child but I’m 100% worse this time than I was with my first 😩🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How do you do this?

Argh got baby’s 8week jabs this morning, got myself in a right flap about it for some reason. Everyone says you are more relaxed with your second child but I’m 100% worse this time than I was with my first 😩🙈
If you get in touch with your supplier online/phone ask them to place you on the priority register

Its my work Christmas party today its a daytime one so I need to be ready for 11:30. KW has taken the day off to have baby elf and get 5yo from school later, but he's just declared he's off to the gym and he will be back in about an hour...he was like dont worry ill make sure I'm back before you have to leave. Okay ill just get ready with the most destructive baby ever then 🤣 cheers mate my first and only day/night out in about 2 years but you go ahead and get to the gym buddy not like you couldn't have gone earlier this morning!!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Its my work Christmas party today its a daytime one so I need to be ready for 11:30. KW has taken the day off to have baby elf and get 5yo from school later, but he's just declared he's off to the gym and he will be back in about an hour...he was like dont worry ill make sure I'm back before you have to leave. Okay ill just get ready with the most destructive baby ever then 🤣 cheers mate my first and only day/night out in about 2 years but you go ahead and get to the gym buddy not like you couldn't have gone earlier this morning!!
I'd declare that you're going to get ready somewhere else, honestly what goes through their minds?! It's his day to look after them, what a bloody cheek!

Get signed up!!!
Funnily enough, I was speaking to my G&E the other day and they asked it I had any under 5s and obviously I do, so they put us on their priority list. I haven’t read the letter, but didn’t realise they wouldn’t turn our electricity off. Thanks for this!!

I’ve checked her for the sucking in movements it seems ok now but I swear today is the most she has ever cried ever 😫

this is strange because I have the exact same problem so I go for a week hardly anything comes out sometimes then I stand up wipe and then all of a sudden I need to go again won’t come out when I’m on the loo but if I stand up it comes out. I am actually concerned it’s from where I was stitched back up I don’t suppose you had a tear or anything like me? X
I did have a tear, not as bad as last time though butI don't have the issue of still needing to go once I've been. It's usually around half an hour to an hour later and I'm desperate again.
The only time I've had what you mentioned is with a UTI.

Thanks for the replies regarding the MIL, Mr T spoke to her about it and she’s since apologised, but now me and him aren’t talking 😂🤷‍♀️ I’ve left him with the baby for a few hours whilst I have my hair done, so I’m just enjoying the freedom.

And yet again I'm behind on the thread!
@Trombolese i just read your message a few pages back and didn't want to just read.
I feel like we have had similar hurdles this year, I feel connected in a way.
I really hope your mom will pull through. My mom also had breast cancer when I was younger and it's come back a few times now (in het liver, but it's under control now luckily). The thought of losing her makes me feel horrendous, I don't want to imagine it.
I really, really hope your mom will be okay ❤
Has mr T found a job yet?

Also not baby related, but I'm feeling so down and tired all the time.
I had my bloods checked as I was sure my iron levels would be low, but I'm alright, perfectly fine. Guess I'm just exhausted mentally :(
Thank you ❤ I agree about feeling connected, it’s a shame it’s down to such bad circumstances. It’s been a lot to deal with, I think these babies are a blessing and keep us going. I’m trying to think positive about my mum but sometimes the negative thoughts slip in, I think I’ll struggle with seeing her so poorly from the chemo and losing her hair etc because then she will look ill, and at the moment I think I’m still in denial and it doesn’t feel real. So glad to hear that your mums cancer is under control, what a strong woman she is! Mr T has luckily just found a job, he starts mid January which means we should be able to finally get our own place, we need our own space so much. I’m so relieved, at the moment I’m on unpaid leave and he’s not entitled to universal credit because we live together so there’s no money coming in at all 🙃. When do you start your new job?

Sorry to hear you’re feeling low, you’ve been through so much that it probably is exhaustion, be kind to yourself lady. I wish we could help. I don’t know what the healthcare situation is like in your country, but is there anything more the doctor can do to help? Counselling or something maybe?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Allergy mums ... Does it get easier/less stressful??
Baby has had a couple of instances now where he's had a potential allergen and seemed fine only to have it again and react. We've been lucky that he's only reacting with hives and occasional vomiting so nothing too scary but I just hate the uncertainty of not really knowing what's safe and the guilt I get for accidentally poisoning my child 😔

• Heart
Why does a babies head become approx 253832 x heavier when they’re fighting a nap? I feel like I’ve been lifting weights in the gym, my arm is dead. Baby is finally asleep though... I win tiny human.

I always reply with a breezy “well you know the saying - cold babies cry, hot babies die” when my MIL starts with this crap. She usually pouts about me being morbid, but cans it. Well, at least for a while.
This made me snort while drinking coffee this morning. Definitely to the point! 🤣👌🏽 the amount of random elderly people that would tell me he needs socks on in the middle of summer drove me mad.

Baby has had a couple of instances now where he's had a potential allergen and seemed fine only to have it again and react. We've been lucky that he's only reacting with hives and occasional vomiting so nothing too scary but I just hate the uncertainty of not really knowing what's safe and the guilt I get for accidentally poisoning my child 😔
So my daughter is 14 months cmpa and we had the exact issues with hives swelling to water melon strawberry and got a dietician to give her an allergy test turns out she is also allergic to peanuts and eggs so my life is reading every ingredient. I know it may seem overwhelming but I am so used to it now I know what I can buy what she can have the milk she will drink it’s been hard but now it’s second nature and I have learnt to chill a bit if she eats a bit of cooked milk it’s not the end of the world. The the other items which give an immediate reaction nursery are great at dealing with it also so I would say yes for me it got easier once I had answers as I stopped giving her all fruit she had a bland diet of veg and just meat for ages because I only knew about the milk and I would give antihistamines because I would panic now I know rednesss with no swelling will go on it’s own when the hives start that’s when I give antihistamines. You could have a private allergy test but they don’t like doing them until a child is around 1. Just sharing experience as although I have a lot to control allergy wise she is healthy and I just know what to do now so it isn’t as stressful xx

Reactions: 4
Yes it gets easier. You have to do a bit of experimenting but once you work out what they can and can’t have it definitely seems better. Then you start the milk ladder and it’s back to self doubt again 😂😂

Does anyone have any stocking filler idea for a toddler?
What age toddler?

• Heart
Yes it gets easier. You have to do a bit of experimenting but once you work out what they can and can’t have it definitely seems better. Then you start the milk ladder and it’s back to self doubt again 😂😂

What age toddler?
18 months by Christmas, so just between baby and toddler!

18 months by Christmas, so just between baby and toddler!
I’ve got some little wooden figures for Baby L from Aldi for her stocking and a couple of cheap mini slinky things as she loves them.

Thanks for all the love on my hospital post. Spent the night in A and E. Got moved up to the ward about 11:30 yesterday. They are starting to wean her off oxygen so hopefully we’ll be home by tomorrow 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.