New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probiotics really help t1, she has chronic constipation (thanks to NEC) but if i run out I really notice the difference. šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»for you!
I honestly canā€™t work out what it is with the sleep issue. So she is happy as Larry all day. Then nighttime comes and she wakes up 15+ times a night. So Iā€™m not sure what it is, but CMPA is often linked with gut issues and Iā€™ll try anything at this point!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I honestly canā€™t work out what it is with the sleep issue. So she is happy as Larry all day. Then nighttime comes and she wakes up 15+ times a night. So Iā€™m not sure what it is, but CMPA is often linked with gut issues and Iā€™ll try anything at this point!
I've found at night she's the worst for trapped wind and constipation and I'm sure it's because she's asleep and her body is settling.
I hope you can find a solution šŸ˜­

Breastfeeding is so weird, one minute you feel totally touched out and like you just constantly have your tits out and the next you're sad because your baby seems to be feeding slightly less! I still think we average about 10 feeds a day but his daytime feeds are a little smaller now I think because he's loving solids so much, where did my little baby go?!

He also climbed the whole way up our terrifying wooden slatted stairs today and was so pleased with himself, he's seeming so big! He's also going to be murder with the Christmas tree šŸ˜‚ it'll be a bauble bloodbath I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh, I keep forgettingā€¦ who was the other mum that changes the kids bedding to Christmas bedding while the kids sleep? Coz I forgot to do it last night, and have to do it tonight. Bloody 6yo asked where the sod song elf was. 13yo piped up ā€˜oh they forgot we moved houseā€™ eh?! Whoā€™s this kid helping me out šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh, I keep forgettingā€¦ who was the other mum that changes the kids bedding to Christmas bedding while the kids sleep? Coz I forgot to do it last night, and have to do it tonight. Bloody 6yo asked where the sod song elf was. 13yo piped up ā€˜oh they forgot we moved houseā€™ eh?! Whoā€™s this kid helping me out šŸ˜‚
I'm so intrigued as to how you do this without waking them. My kids would wake if you so much as sneezed a mile away šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Meeeeee. Although I havenā€™t done that yet. Our elf arrived this morning with cupcakes for breakfast šŸ˜‚ was going to do the bedsheet thing tonight, but sheā€™s not feeling well, and I donā€™t want her waking up at 2am coughing and then getting all excited because of the bedsheet thing. So will save it for another day!

I'm so intrigued as to how you do this without waking them. My kids would wake if you so much as sneezed a mile away šŸ˜­
So I leave the fitted sheet, that doesnā€™t change. I put the new pillow case on one of the pillows from my room, then just whip old one out and immediately replace with new one. Duvet can be a bit trickier. You have to hope itā€™s one of those nights where she hasnā€™t fallen asleep all wrapped up like a fajita. Dunno really. Sheā€™s a really light sleeper (she wakes up if you flush the toilet at night) but somehow I get away with it

• Wow
Reactions: 2
My kids would sleep through anything. Have to leave it until itā€™s like 11 and theyā€™re in the dead of sleep. Although not sure if Iā€™ll make it til 11 šŸ˜‚

Meeeeee. Although I havenā€™t done that yet. Our elf arrived this morning with cupcakes for breakfast šŸ˜‚ was going to do the bedsheet thing tonight, but sheā€™s not feeling well, and I donā€™t want her waking up at 2am coughing and then getting all excited because of the bedsheet thing. So will save it for another day!

So I leave the fitted sheet, that doesnā€™t change. I put the new pillow case on one of the pillows from my room, then just whip old one out and immediately replace with new one. Duvet can be a bit trickier. You have to hope itā€™s one of those nights where she hasnā€™t fallen asleep all wrapped up like a fajita. Dunno really. Sheā€™s a really light sleeper (she wakes up if you flush the toilet at night) but somehow I get away with it
Ah, I thought it was you! God speed

*this was obviously supposed to be sodding elf. Not ā€˜sod songā€™ elf šŸ« 

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Night times are hell at the moment. Breastfeeding mums is it always you that does bedtime and do you feed everytime? We tried to get my other half to do bedtime tonight with a bottle and baby was having none of it he just screamed until I came to feed him but heā€™s since woke up twice already since 7 crying and wanting to feed.
I want to start the process of night weaning and have him get used to others doing naps and bedtime but it seems like itā€™ll be an impossible task

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Night times are hell at the moment. Breastfeeding mums is it always you that does bedtime and do you feed everytime? We tried to get my other half to do bedtime tonight with a bottle and baby was having none of it he just screamed until I came to feed him but heā€™s since woke up twice already since 7 crying and wanting to feed.
I want to start the process of night weaning and have him get used to others doing naps and bedtime but it seems like itā€™ll be an impossible task
My girl refused a bottle so I've had no choice so it's always me has done bedtime and night feeds.....almost 10 months and hoping to wean too but as she's reverse cycling it might be a little more difficult than I'd like even though she's getting so much through solids in the day .Naps are a nightmare too......if your little one takes a bottle just persevere with it is my suggestion....get a break if you can, go out if you feel you can and let dad deal with him

We are in the very early stages of trying to get Baby Celeste to stop breastfeeding to sleep (or at least for it to be possible for other people to put him down), and I'm finding it incredibly challenging. His last nap today he fell asleep whilst I gave him a bottle of formula, which felt like a massive step.

• Heart
The 3yo napped with MIL earlier, and obviously wonā€™t go to sleep. I went in to check on him, and he was like ā€˜Iā€™m boredā€™ wtf kid? Go to sleep šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I always do bedtime and did every bedtime with my eldest until about 18m, then sometimes I'd feed her but then my husband would read to her and get her to sleep.
It is super hard basically always having to be the one responding but if you want to night wean there are plenty of accounts and books etc out there to support you šŸ˜Š

The 3yo napped with MIL earlier, and obviously wonā€™t go to sleep. I went in to check on him, and he was like ā€˜Iā€™m boredā€™ wtf kid? Go to sleep šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I'm amazed he's just chilling on his own, if our 3yo is awake she demands that we are in her room with her, she'd never just be in there on her own šŸ¤¦

I'm amazed he's just chilling on his own, if our 3yo is awake she demands that we are in her room with her, she'd never just be in there on her own šŸ¤¦
Oh, heā€™s just got out because he needs a wee šŸ™„ Iā€™ve only been in there every 10 minutes asking if he needs to go to the toilet

• Haha
Yeah so I did all bedtimes and night wakes until she was about 13 months unless I was away for some reason or the rare times she napped at nursery. Now though she will go to bed for him and nap too, but I still end up doing it as itā€™s quicker. But as sheā€™s got bigger Iā€™be swapped boob for cows milk before bed and sheā€™s got much better at drinking the bottle and not wanting a ā€œboob top upā€ to get to sleep. Tbh I do think itā€™s a time thing, I have definitely seen a difference as sheā€™s got older. Iā€™d say itā€™s 50/50 now whether she wants boob or can be comforted by something else whereas it was 100% boob. I hope that makes sense!

Mine will wake if I close my eyes in another room šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What issue are you guys experiencing? Frequent wakings? Is that new or ongoing? Could it be a short term problem like teething?
I do all bedtimes and night wakings until approx 2.5yo, even when they wean from feeding around 2. For us, when decide i am done feeding to sleep then it takes a few nights to get the new routine to be accepted, and you have to be very strict with yourself about not giving in. But itā€™s usually just a few nights of not very much fun, then itā€™s done x

Reactions: 3
Need some advice on how to deal with something because at the moment Iā€™m really angry and seeing red. Me and Mr T went out today to do some Christmas shopping, you all know we live with my MIL at the moment because our house fell through, and sheā€™s sent me a text whilst we are out saying she means well but sheā€™s worried that Iā€™m under dressing the baby. For context, sheā€™s mentioned it to me before about how the baby should wear a coat in the car, but I explained that itā€™s unsafe and the guidance is that they shouldnā€™t wear big jackets or coats. Once heā€™s in the car seat, I put a fluffy blanket over him, which Iā€™ve told her too. Her text is making out that Iā€™m going to make him ill, and that I should dress him in something from the house to the car, but the car is directly outside so not even a 10 second walk. Sheā€™s mentioned before how he should be in more clothes, and we have had conversations where Iā€™ve explained that I follow current guidelines. Heā€™s always in warm clothing with layers if itā€™s cold, and obviously if Iā€™m taking him out in the pram then he goes in a pram suit and hat etc. I donā€™t even know how to respond to her message, but Iā€™m going to have to see her later so wtf do I do? Iā€™ve explained the danger of over heating to her on multiple occasions but she just says how she hates the thought of him being cold because she doesnā€™t like to be cold šŸ™ƒ I donā€™t think Iā€™m doing anything wrong, heā€™s a content baby and Iā€™d never deliberately make him cold.

I always reply with a breezy ā€œwell you know the saying - cold babies cry, hot babies dieā€ when my MIL starts with this crap. She usually pouts about me being morbid, but cans it. Well, at least for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.