New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a child and adult who has frequent ear infections and glue ear I'd be reluctant to remove any of her wax from her ear unless it was affecting her hearing. (I'm a fucker for messing with my ears and making them worse as my mum forever messed with them as a kid too😂)
The wax builds up to protect the ear from an infection, so it could be she has an infection brewing or is active. I'd get her to the GP to have it checked out, they might prescribe something for her or let it run its course.
Ah okay. I’ll call the GP then.
God I’m not sure I have it in me to deal with another week off sick 😵💫

The sofa bed is out and he's sat playing with his toys watching toy story (I'm at grabbing reach and he's surrounded by 1000 cushions don't worry Snoop) and I'm on the floor hiding behind the sofa edge so I can eat some pringles, I've turned the volume up high so he doesn't hear the crunch or it's game over, who knew this is what my life would become :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
We brought Elanna a advent calendar so she had her first taste of chocolate today and now I swear, any packet that's opened her head whips around like the exorcist. She's turned into a beast :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Need some advice on how to deal with something because at the moment I’m really angry and seeing red. Me and Mr T went out today to do some Christmas shopping, you all know we live with my MIL at the moment because our house fell through, and she’s sent me a text whilst we are out saying she means well but she’s worried that I’m under dressing the baby. For context, she’s mentioned it to me before about how the baby should wear a coat in the car, but I explained that it’s unsafe and the guidance is that they shouldn’t wear big jackets or coats. Once he’s in the car seat, I put a fluffy blanket over him, which I’ve told her too. Her text is making out that I’m going to make him ill, and that I should dress him in something from the house to the car, but the car is directly outside so not even a 10 second walk. She’s mentioned before how he should be in more clothes, and we have had conversations where I’ve explained that I follow current guidelines. He’s always in warm clothing with layers if it’s cold, and obviously if I’m taking him out in the pram then he goes in a pram suit and hat etc. I don’t even know how to respond to her message, but I’m going to have to see her later so wtf do I do? I’ve explained the danger of over heating to her on multiple occasions but she just says how she hates the thought of him being cold because she doesn’t like to be cold 🙃 I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, he’s a content baby and I’d never deliberately make him cold.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Do they syringe/clean babies ears at the gp at all? Nursery have said she’s had a leaky ear today but no other symptoms. She does get quite waxy ears so I’m just wondering if it’s a build up and whether it needs clearing somehow?
Little crazy cat burst her ear drum from infection that built up and fluid was coming out her ear. I was told do not clean the ear out.
I’d get the gp to check for infection x

Need some advice on how to deal with something because at the moment I’m really angry and seeing red. Me and Mr T went out today to do some Christmas shopping, you all know we live with my MIL at the moment because our house fell through, and she’s sent me a text whilst we are out saying she means well but she’s worried that I’m under dressing the baby. For context, she’s mentioned it to me before about how the baby should wear a coat in the car, but I explained that it’s unsafe and the guidance is that they shouldn’t wear big jackets or coats. Once he’s in the car seat, I put a fluffy blanket over him, which I’ve told her too. Her text is making out that I’m going to make him ill, and that I should dress him in something from the house to the car, but the car is directly outside so not even a 10 second walk. She’s mentioned before how he should be in more clothes, and we have had conversations where I’ve explained that I follow current guidelines. He’s always in warm clothing with layers if it’s cold, and obviously if I’m taking him out in the pram then he goes in a pram suit and hat etc. I don’t even know how to respond to her message, but I’m going to have to see her later so wtf do I do? I’ve explained the danger of over heating to her on multiple occasions but she just says how she hates the thought of him being cold because she doesn’t like to be cold 🙃 I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, he’s a content baby and I’d never deliberately make him cold.

Jesus, I'd have snapped back by now so well done for not! I'd just explain to her that guidelines are different now, car seat safety with coats, etc. And as he is YOUR baby you know what's best for him! Arnie is such a sweaty baby he only has a sleepsuit on at night and he's toastie in that, I'm sure she'd have a field trip with what I dress him in sometimes 😅.

Can MR T not have a word? I feel like he has to be showing to have your back in this. Maybe she might back off then

I hope you're okay though. I honestly can't even begin to imagine how bloody stressful it is living with your MIL. I love how she's text it to you as well, rather than say it to you in person!

Reactions: 6
Nap trapped for the last hour and have a very dead arm right now- ouch! What happened to my small and light baby?!

Reactions: 1

Everyone else will provide useful advice so all I have to add is tell her she's a silly frosty bleep and to duck off and have another of her own babies if she wants a child to overheat x

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Little crazy cat burst her ear drum from infection that built up and fluid was coming out her ear. I was told do not clean the ear out.
I’d get the gp to check for infection x
Thanks, I will do. She doesn’t have a temp or any ear pain so I’m hoping it’s mild but better to catch it early I guess 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Ahhh this is so tricky and I feel your pain (although my MIL isn’t half as bad as yours sounds!) I think I would be tempted to ask Mr T to have a word with her if that would be an option? It sounds like you’ve tried to speak to her calmly and explain about current guidelines etc and it goes in one ear and out the other. I think our parents’ generation sometimes find it really difficult to accept that things have changed massively since they had their babies.
My FIL’s partner is constantly telling me to check Baby Cupcake’s hands for hairs wrapped round his fingers and to make sure I wash his cup and bowl properly so he doesn’t get germs and it drives me mad. Last time she did it I snapped a bit and just said I’m his mam, if I’m not worried about him then you don’t need to be either and that seems to have done the trick!

Reactions: 7
My periods after having Arnie are really starting to stress me out. I went from every 21 days, to every 34 and now I'm late by 2 weeks. I've done countless tests, negative thank god (I've decided a 4th is not for me 😅) but I feel like I'm going to come on any minute but I'm just not.
It's stressing me out because even though I'm getting negatives, I just like having a period to triple x1000 confirm I'm not preggers 🤣😅

Has Anyone else had this 6/7 months pp?
I just had this....18 month pp 🤣🤣 it came today....6 days late! I think its reasonably normal....apparently🤣 stressed me out too though

My periods after having Arnie are really starting to stress me out. I went from every 21 days, to every 34 and now I'm late by 2 weeks. I've done countless tests, negative thank god (I've decided a 4th is not for me 😅) but I feel like I'm going to come on any minute but I'm just not.
It's stressing me out because even though I'm getting negatives, I just like having a period to triple x1000 confirm I'm not preggers 🤣😅

Has Anyone else had this 6/7 months pp?
I’m 9 months pp and my last few periods have been atleast 6 or more days late and it always panics me 😬😬 I want another but not this close together 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Not sure what weird world Everleigh is living in today but 😂

First thing this morning, look over at her. (our living room door has glass panels)... What is she doing? Picking her nose and wiping it on the glass. Repeatedly.

An hour ago she started crying because I stood up 😂
2 minutes later and she's sitting on my lap sticking her finger in her eye and licking it. I presume tasting her tears 😂

I've now just cooked dinner. Thought I'd go check on them in the living room. Notice someone's left the bathroom door open. Go to close it.
And there's Everleigh, in the dark. Moved the kids toilet step, to stand at the sink...has the plug in her hand and is licking it. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And yet again I'm behind on the thread!
@Trombolese i just read your message a few pages back and didn't want to just read.
I feel like we have had similar hurdles this year, I feel connected in a way.
I really hope your mom will pull through. My mom also had breast cancer when I was younger and it's come back a few times now (in het liver, but it's under control now luckily). The thought of losing her makes me feel horrendous, I don't want to imagine it.
I really, really hope your mom will be okay ❤
Has mr T found a job yet?

Also not baby related, but I'm feeling so down and tired all the time.
I had my bloods checked as I was sure my iron levels would be low, but I'm alright, perfectly fine. Guess I'm just exhausted mentally :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thinking of staying home this weekend with the baby while everyone goes up north… Mr B has just told me my stepson has FOUR different football training/matches. So I’m either standing in the pissing cold or stuck in a hotel room. I’m actually massively pissed off that I’m spending 4 hrs to travel to watch someone play football? (When he’s a millionaire footballer however, I won’t moan!!) I just feel like it was supposed to be a nice surprise and spend time together, but it’s going to be Mr B and maybe the 2 older boys spending time together and me, teen, 3yo and baby not going out. I still feel like tit with a raging temp, so it’s probably best if I stay home, but it’s just really pissed me off

ETA - I’ve been in bed since coming back from the school run, and he is stressed because the baby won’t leave him alone (sounds familiar) the other kids are being twats and he’s trying to pack 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thinking of staying home this weekend with the baby while everyone goes up north… Mr B has just told me my stepson has FOUR different football training/matches. So I’m either standing in the pissing cold or stuck in a hotel room. I’m actually massively pissed off that I’m spending 4 hrs to travel to watch someone play football? (When he’s a millionaire footballer however, I won’t moan!!) I just feel like it was supposed to be a nice surprise and spend time together, but it’s going to be Mr B and maybe the 2 older boys spending time together and me, teen, 3yo and baby not going out. I still feel like tit with a raging temp, so it’s probably best if I stay home, but it’s just really pissed me off

ETA - I’ve been in bed since coming back from the school run, and he is stressed because the baby won’t leave him alone (sounds familiar) the other kids are being twats and he’s trying to pack 😂
Oh yeah I’d defo stay home. Enjoy snuggles with the baby, order a takeaway and have a hot bath when baby’s in bed. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So maybe I’ve lost the plot (it’s quite possible) but I’ve ordered some baby probiotics to see if it makes the baby sleep better?! She has CMPA so wondering if there’s other tummy issues that maybe it could help..? Or maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree. Suppose at this point I have nothing to lose!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I assume you’re advising every single one of us, because that sounds like HEAVEN.
I was just going to say the same!!! Weekend plans sorted 👌

Girls I think the sleep deprivation has finally got to me. I'm watching Celebs go Dating and Im finding Gary Lucy proper fit... I'm embarrassed for myself :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So maybe I’ve lost the plot (it’s quite possible) but I’ve ordered some baby probiotics to see if it makes the baby sleep better?! She has CMPA so wondering if there’s other tummy issues that maybe it could help..? Or maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree. Suppose at this point I have nothing to lose!
Probiotics really help t1, she has chronic constipation (thanks to NEC) but if i run out I really notice the difference. 🤞🏻🤞🏻for you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.