New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mr Waka wants to go to the gym so asked what he can do to help before he goes. I said do bath time, he said okay can you run it.
I said no. He asked why.
So I reminded him what I’ve done in terms of parenting today:
Got her ready, driven her to nursery, picked her up, cooked dinner, made her snacks, tidied up, washed up dinner stuff and will be doing bed time.
what a bleeping cheek. Feel like saying he can wait til 8 now and get her to sleep himself too. They have no idea what mums do
Mr Waka sounds like Mr G, that’s exactly what he does whenever I give him something to do. The other day I asked him to give her lunch while I was upstairs tidying up. He was like “yeah ok. Have you already made it?” Erm no I haven’t mate, that’s part of the job. If I’m going to make it I might as well give it to her myself too 🙄

Reactions: 12
They are clueless. Just beyond clueless. Why could he not run it? Genuinely interested in that. Like why would you go upstairs to the bathroom and stand and run the bath when he has to go up there to bath her? It makes no sense.
He wanted to spend time with her on the sofa instead. Which is lovely, mini Waka loves it too but I didn’t get bonding time while boiling pasta or washing up pots or cleaning felt pen off the floor!

Reactions: 8
He wanted to spend time with her on the sofa instead. Which is lovely, mini Waka loves it too but I didn’t get bonding time while boiling pasta or washing up pots or cleaning felt pen off the floor!
But bath time playing together is time to have fun too! If he just thinks it’s a chore he’s missing half the point.

Mr Waka sounds like Mr G, that’s exactly what he does whenever I give him something to do. The other day I asked him to give her lunch while I was upstairs tidying up. He was like “yeah ok. Have you already made it?” Erm no I haven’t mate, that’s part of the job. If I’m going to make it I might as well give it to her myself too 🙄
Stuff like this just drives me round the bend. Even when it’s “can you sort lunch?” “Ok what will I make”
Think of something yourself, you incompetent fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m just catching up, but I love this phrase ‘season of life’. Such wise words @Definitelyme ❤

@ChattyMammy also sending you lots of compassion, and second trying to see a woman’s health physio to help aid your recovery. I’ve also been seeing one and she is so lovely and clearly passionate about her speciality and getting women back on their feet that I have never felt awkward in any of my sessions. I went private as had private health insurance which was able to cover it, but based on this experience if I have another on future I would happily pay out my own pocket for the treatment. I’m in London so if you are too then feel free to message for a recommendation!
Thank you so much! I have had lots of amazing advice and I’m so grateful to everyone for their lovely replies 🥰 I’m actually in the north west so hopefully physio won’t be too expensive but tbh I’d pay whatever I needed to to feel normal again hopefully 🤞

• Heart
But bath time playing together is time to have fun too! If he just thinks it’s a chore he’s missing half the point.

Stuff like this just drives me round the bend. Even when it’s “can you sort lunch?” “Ok what will I make”
Think of something yourself, you incompetent fool.
Yes!!! It's so annoying!
My husband is actually pretty competent but he works from home, so we have lunch together most days. It's always at a different time though as I never know when he's going to stop for lunch but he just appears downstairs and asks "What's for lunch?" and I'm like "I dunno, what is for lunch?". And then when I suggest something simple like cheese on toast he says "hmm, how about a stir fry?" and has on occasion tried to disappear upstairs to work some more expecting me to make a stir fry, make the baby some lunch and feed the baby some lunch all at the same time??
And he always asks me what to give the kids for breakfast/lunch etc.
I. Don't. Care. Engage. Your. Brain.

• Angry
Wish I could have got a picture of my husbands face when, as I was running my boys bath after emptying dishwasher cleaning kitchen etc I just thought ‘duck this’ and went and sat on the sofa next to him 🙃 took him a minute for the penny to drop when he realised he was gonna be the one no longer watching the football but doing bath time instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Same here
BuT I DoNt KnOw WhAt To GivE hER

well you’ve fed yourself well enough for years so figure something out!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wish I could have got a picture of my husbands face when, as I was running my boys bath after emptying dishwasher cleaning kitchen etc I just thought ‘duck this’ and went and sat on the sofa next to him 🙃 took him a minute for the penny to drop when he realised he was gonna be the one no longer watching the football but doing bath time instead.
Go on girl ❤ I've just been upstairs with the baby as he's been agitated all day, I'm overwhelmed and all puffy from crying as ive hit my breaking point and just want to go back to work. I walk downstairs 20 mins ago, he's put no tea on for the older two. I say to him, what's for dinner and he goes "dunno, what's in the fridge?" LOOK YOU FOOOOL

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Same here
BuT I DoNt KnOw WhAt To GivE hER

well you’ve fed yourself well enough for years so figure something out!
Guarantee if my husband is doing lunch at the weekend it’s gonna be tomato soup for the kids. And he almost ALWAYS forgets to do any food for ToddlerMe. Like… just doesn’t make him anything. Then I when I ask where it is he says “Oh I haven’t gotten round to it yet” … despite the fact we are all sitting down to eat. He also never takes the kids’ food out to cool before we sit down, quite often manages to serve them last… just no bleeping common sense around feeding them!

Reactions: 6
Guarantee if my husband is doing lunch at the weekend it’s gonna be tomato soup for the kids. And he almost ALWAYS forgets to do any food for ToddlerMe. Like… just doesn’t make him anything. Then I when I ask where it is he says “Oh I haven’t gotten round to it yet” … despite the fact we are all sitting down to eat. He also never takes the kids’ food out to cool before we sit down, quite often manages to serve them last… just no bleeping common sense around feeding them!
What is wrong with them! When I was sick last week he made himself bolognese. I said save some for mini Waka “oh nah nah nah I didn’t make it for her”
”why not?“ and then he went off to save her a bowl. It’s like he automatically has nothing to do with her meals! She’s not a lizard on some super special diet! She just cant eat egg or milk

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Go on girl ❤ I've just been upstairs with the baby as he's been agitated all day, I'm overwhelmed and all puffy from crying as ive hit my breaking point and just want to go back to work. I walk downstairs 20 mins ago, he's put no tea on for the older two. I say to him, what's for dinner and he goes "dunno, what's in the fridge?" LOOK YOU FOOOOL
Highly recommend it! Had enough of him sitting there just expecting me to do everything! I’m sorry you’ve had such a tit day ❤ they really are clueless aren’t they!

• Heart
We’ve been admitted to A and E 😩. Here was me thinking she’d be home for bedtime. There’s no beds on the ward so we’re here for the foreseeable. I had a very embarrassing breakdown in front of the doctor when they put her on oxygen as she was just my tiny little NICU baby again 💔. I feel so bad for sending her to nursery yesterday and today but she was as right as rain 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
The eye of a man who got a FULL night's sleep last night. He's been home 20mins and he's full on snoring on my sofa.
I'm itching to boot him in the head. I'm absolutely exhausted, do I get to go to bed? No, not until the 9yo is in bed.
Wanker.

We’ve been admitted to A and E 😩. Here was me thinking she’d be home for bedtime. There’s no beds on the ward so we’re here for the foreseeable. I had a very embarrassing breakdown in front of the doctor when they put her on oxygen as she was just my tiny little NICU baby again 💔. I feel so bad for sending her to nursery yesterday and today but she was as right as rain 😭
Sending you the biggest loves ❤❤
You weren't to know, they come down as quickly as they pick up. Be kind on yourself, if you're getting overwhelmed, tell them your history ask them to be sensitive around certain things. Can Mr A be with you?

Attachments

• Heart
Don’t feel bad!!! You weren’t to know and like you say they go downhill so quickly when little. I’ve cried multiple times in front of doctors, not embarrassing at all.
❤ keep us updated

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sending so much love mumma xxxx

What is wrong with them! When I was sick last week he made himself bolognese. I said save some for mini Waka “oh nah nah nah I didn’t make it for her”
”why not?“ and then he went off to save her a bowl. It’s like he automatically has nothing to do with her meals! She’s not a lizard on some super special diet! She just cant eat egg or milk
I didn’t make it for her 🤣 alright, but share it mate! Hardly like she’s gonna eat the whole pan of it

bleeping hell. No joke. MrMe just text me to ask are the kids allowed GRAPES at school. (For context TMe is being a knob so MrMe was dispatched to do the lunches.) GRAPES. What does he think would be wrong with taking them?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Sending so much love mumma xxxx

I didn’t make it for her 🤣 alright, but share it mate! Hardly like she’s gonna eat the whole pan of it

bleeping hell. No joke. MrMe just text me to ask are the kids allowed GRAPES at school. (For context TMe is being a knob so MrMe was dispatched to do the lunches.) GRAPES. What does he think would be wrong with taking them?!
PMSL 🤣 I’d have to say ‘they’re banned because of the high sugar content and tend the send kids nuts in the afternoon so unfortunately not x’

• Haha
Mr B is usually the cook in our house both because he’s good at it and he enjoys it, I’ve now had to take over so baby gets fed I’ll remind him before he starts then I’ll hear a oh tit I’ve put salt in it 🙄 so baby kept ending up with porridge and banana for tea cause I didn’t have time to make something proper. I swear it’s weaponised incompetence everything men do.

sending you love you weren’t to know hopefully you’ll get a bed asap x

• Heart
PMSL 🤣 I’d have to say ‘they’re banned because of the high sugar content and tend the send kids nuts in the afternoon so unfortunately not x’
He isn’t wise, honestly. I must send them grapes 2 or 3 times a week. How are men just oblivious to bloody everything going on round them?!

He isn’t wise, honestly. I must send them grapes 2 or 3 times a week. How are men just oblivious to bloody everything going on round them?!
In his defence (who am I 😂) is it because he’s worried about choking?
I am always the one making lunches, even when he’s got the morning off. Lunches are the bane of my life
Also, we are REALLY low on toothpaste. Almost to the point we will be brushing our teeth with 3-5 yo toothpaste. I’m kind of waiting to see how low we get before any of these bastards mention it…

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.