New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feeling pretty awful - my eldest was helping at her school open night. I thought she needed picked up at 8.30. It ended at 8. Just her and the headmaster left 🙈🙈🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aware I’ve been tit on this thread recently I keep just skimming reading and thinking I’ll catch up properly and reply later and then I forget, but have I missed @Chrisxo lately? Hope you’re ok love x

Reactions: 4
Hi can you not. This is a very sore subject for me right now xx

I now put baby B down for bed about 1.5/2 hours after his last nap and he tends to stay down for longer than he used to when I’d try to keep him awake to stick to wake windows online being 4 hours between last nap and bedtime.
Could be something in it for these March boys!
I have a March boy too 😌😌😌😌

Ahh early or late March? How does your boy sleep? Mines not great 😅
Early March 😃. Not great here either. Was fine up til the 4 month regression and basically the new normal is not great.

Wakes up crying randomly a few times per night don’t really know why. Luckily though he does go down fairy well between 7 and 8pm but after the first few hours he can be quite unsettled

What is your little ones sleep like?

Early March 😃. Not great here either. Was fine up til the 4 month regression and basically the new normal is not great.

Wakes up crying randomly a few times per night don’t really know why. Luckily though he does go down fairy well between 7 and 8pm but after the first few hours he can be quite unsettled

What is your little ones sleep like?
Same here with the 4 month regression it went downhill to every hour and a half to 2 hours waking up, he’s become a little bit better getting 4 hour stretches here and there but I know the 8 month regressions going to hit and hit hard again probably 😂
We get the random crying too, even when we pick him up it’s like he hasn’t realised and is still devastated

Reactions: 1
6pm nap update: he went to sleep more easily than most evenings and hasn't woken up yet.... Do I need to visit a winter lights trail every night forever now?? Or get him to nap immediately after dinner every night? Or move bedtime to 6pm??

Or just not question it and enjoy my slightly more peaceful evening 😂
We've always done bed time at 6pm because I've found they go to sleep so much easier/sleep a bit better when not over tired

Reactions: 2
We've always done bed time at 6pm because I've found they go to sleep so much easier/sleep a bit better when not over tired
We did with my little girl, it's just so hard to fit in dinner and bedtime with my husband's job and the 3yo's clubs she does and things. It's usually about 6:30 so not really late and his last nap is often at about 4ish so he shouldn't really be too overtired but I'm going to have to try to get him to bed earlier for a week or so as an experiment.
He has now woken up but that was a 2 hour stretch so the longest for ages!

At my wits end with Baby G’s sleep. It’s gone completely up the wall again - she now not only wakes in the night and comes into our bed, but bedtime itself is a bleeping nightmare too.

I lost my temper with her tonight and really shouted and I feel awful. I had a really long, tit day at work today, didn’t get time for lunch, was starving and tired and she spent 2 hours messing around and refusing to lay down to sleep. Eventually when she did, she was snuggled right up to me holding both my hands. So that made me cry again lol.

Her bedroom is finally almost finished so she’ll be going in in the next few weeks. It’s been such a long time coming but I’m also dreading it because I know she’s not going like it and it inevitably means even worse nights.

@Dipdab just read your post about sleep - baby G is the same in the night. It’s like she just doesn’t need sleep. It’s so hard isn’t it 🫠

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apparently me earning £7.50 on Vinted means I then deserve to buy £40 worth of more stuff through it. 🤣🙈 Someone take my access awayyyy.

The baby and I may or may not now have enough festive pjs to take us through the whole of December

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why do in-laws get put on this earth to bleeping TEST US. I’ve booked babyGG in with a practitioner about a potential tongue tie. Always been a shite feeder, it takes an hour to drink no matter how many oz, chokes on the flow, dribbles it out of his mouth, has reflux etc. I’m at my wits end with it so had a look in his chops and I’m pretty confident he’s got quite a restrictive posterior tie. We’re fortunate enough we can just pay privately to get it corrected if necessary ASAP.

MrGG mentioned it to his mum and duck me you’d think I’d passed him to a total stranger alongside some rusty scissors, not that he’s going to a practising ENT consultant, when we won’t have it done unless necessary/they won’t bleeping perform it if it isn’t. The tone with her and decisions I make about my children is just constantly that my decision making is incompetent and they’re likely to come to harm.

Not that I’ve spent nights researching around the UK to make sure that he was going to one of the best. Not that I’m travelling miles with him because my gut said this man is the best. It’s just constant and tonight I’ve finally snapped and told MrGG I’ve got no interest in telling her anything to do with either of them anymore. The woman cannot grasp that time changes, research changes and things that parents ignored and just put up with 30 years ago isn’t necessary anymore. I’m just so fed up with constant snide remarks like I’m a tit parent. I’m not, I obviously would do anything for them and am only trying my best. But yet again I’m left feeling like that isn’t enough and I hate that she has the power to make me feel that way. No bleeping more. ☹

Sorry but my mum didn’t answer the phone and my sister is working so I needed to let this out somewhere 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Why do in-laws get put on this earth to bleeping TEST US. I’ve booked babyGG in with a practitioner about a potential tongue tie. Always been a shite feeder, it takes an hour to drink no matter how many oz, chokes on the flow, dribbles it out of his mouth, has reflux etc. I’m at my wits end with it so had a look in his chops and I’m pretty confident he’s got quite a restrictive posterior tie. We’re fortunate enough we can just pay privately to get it corrected if necessary ASAP.

MrGG mentioned it to his mum and duck me you’d think I’d passed him to a total stranger alongside some rusty scissors, not that he’s going to a practising ENT consultant, when we won’t have it done unless necessary/they won’t bleeping perform it if it isn’t. The tone with her and decisions I make about my children is just constantly that my decision making is incompetent and they’re likely to come to harm.

Not that I’ve spent nights researching around the UK to make sure that he was going to one of the best. Not that I’m travelling miles with him because my gut said this man is the best. It’s just constant and tonight I’ve finally snapped and told MrGG I’ve got no interest in telling her anything to do with either of them anymore. The woman cannot grasp that time changes, research changes and things that parents ignored and just put up with 30 years ago isn’t necessary anymore. I’m just so fed up with constant snide remarks like I’m a tit parent. I’m not, I obviously would do anything for them and am only trying my best. But yet again I’m left feeling like that isn’t enough and I hate that she has the power to make me feel that way. No bleeping more. ☹

Sorry but my mum didn’t answer the phone and my sister is working so I needed to let this out somewhere 😬
MILs are idiots. (Unless and until we become them 😇)
Mine is just so bloody nosy and has to share her ignorant opinions. I’ve had cross words with Mr SI over the years as I’m a private person and he shares things with her that she just HAS to offer her two penneth on. And not to be tight, but she is thick and fearful of everything, so I particularly dislike her opinions on health stuff.
I’ve had to really put my foot down re Baby SodIt, as I want his to have medical autonomy and only share what he chooses to and Mr SI used to offer bits of info then fully answer every question that came after/try to get me to flesh out the reply. Er, no.

For what it’s worth, Baby SI had a tongue tie division done and it’s been life changing. I rang the doc’s medical secretary a few weeks later to pass on my thanks cos I was so grateful about what it did for us, and it’s genuinely on my to do list to send either a Christmas card or like one year later thanks thing to him cos it’s changed the shape of his first year of life so much.

You sound like a brill mum, so her and her unsolicited and out of date advice can get to duck x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And once again. The twins are both wide awake. Despite having both parents home and me having am hours sleep last night. I'm up with them because Mr TY is so tired.
I genuinely hate him at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hey guys! So baby boy is 4 weeks old almost! He’s giving me the fear of god… I literally stood and rocked and bounced him for an hour tonight to try and get him to sleep and he wouldn’t so I put him in his next ti me and the only way he wants to settle/sleep is with his face pressed against the side of the next to me. Not the mesh part the fabric part but if I move him he wakes and screams I honestly dunno what I’m meant to do he’s not happy till he’s in that position he squirms and moans till he gets it😰

Also there’s now no point in me going to sleep cause he’ll be wanting a feed anytime. No one tells you how exhausting this is

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Craft kits, a cookbook and some baking supplies, some books, Lego ( the Dots range is really cool and fairly affordable, there are lots of BrickHeadz animal sets and 3-in-1 animal/vehicle sets that are incredible), and capital/big city postcards that are amazing too. The Friends ( not the TV show, but the Lego line with a group of friends) sets are lovely too. Hair/nail stuff ( accessories) is good too, as is jewellery. Some nicer art supplies, a notebook/diary and a fountain pen in a favourite colour.
I nanny as well, and these are my go-to ideas. I like to choose a theme or two ( favourite animal, colour and areas of interest) so the nearly 11 year old I used to look after is going to get some blue stationery, the Harry Potter cook book and the craft/sewing one, some baking supplies, some sort of licensed merch like socks, scarf etc in House colours anda related book ( there are House Pride ones that look cool). I may add some Harry Potter sweets to it and will make her a card that is a picture of her in her Gryffindor robes, doing Potions, captioned « Have a magical birthday ».
It is so much fun to put gifts like that together!

Can you take pictures/videos of her when she comes back from her dad’s? Or have someone witness the handover so they can see what state she’s in?
My family and my friends have witnessed the handover most times. My friend couldn’t believe that she came back smelling of sick and poop and how red her bum was. That particular day her feed was at 5pm but she came back starving, screaming like mad for a bottle

• Sad
Hey guys! So baby boy is 4 weeks old almost! He’s giving me the fear of god… I literally stood and rocked and bounced him for an hour tonight to try and get him to sleep and he wouldn’t so I put him in his next ti me and the only way he wants to settle/sleep is with his face pressed against the side of the next to me. Not the mesh part the fabric part but if I move him he wakes and screams I honestly dunno what I’m meant to do he’s not happy till he’s in that position he squirms and moans till he gets it😰

Also there’s now no point in me going to sleep cause he’ll be wanting a feed anytime. No one tells you how exhausting this is
Hiya!
It’s scary, but if he gets himself into that position, it’s okay for him to sleep like that.
Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon 😑

We’re back to 2 hourly wakeups 🫠 the 4 hour stretch at the end of last week was nice while it lasted

• Heart
Baby elf wakes himself up at 4 with a massive 💩 for the second day in row. After waking a million times in the night. 5yo was also up twice.

KW who didn't move for any of this has announced he is so tired he might have to take the day off to catch up on the sleep...🥴

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
After being awake from 1-4 t2 has also decided to start the day at 6am. Why does this kid hate sleep 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.