New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel like I really hate my husband and would honestly just rather be on my own. At home on my own with a poorly 2 year old and a 3 week old, all he gives a tit about is work. He didn’t even take a full 2 weeks off after the baby was born and worked from home everyday he was off anyway, this week he was saying he might need to stay away and could tell I wasn’t happy about it so apparently changed his week so he didn’t have to be away but he’s just messaged that he’s not going to be home until after I’ve gone to bed anyway so what was the bleeping point?!

I’m feeding the baby so he’s doing no night feeds and does duck all else really, I get tempted to change to bottles just so I can have him do some night feeds but that’s not fair on the baby really. I just think at least if I was on my own I’d get some form of break if he had the kids and then he might realise what it takes to look after them both on your own. Can’t wait to try and tackle tea, bath, bedtime etc on my own 🙃 and the stupid tit will probably pick up a selfish takeaway for his tea as well

Not really after any advice but just seen so many rants about other halves so felt like this was where I could get it off my chest 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I have just dehydrated some fruit in my air fryer, and i cannot tell you how excited it made me.
I really need a life
Did you see it on TikTok? 😂

@Jellybean093 i reply to messages and get lost on where to catch up and sure I miss loads of posts? How was doctors? Mini Waka was laughing and stopped coughing an hour after I told work i wouldn’t be in so I took her to nursery in the end where they said she’s been laughing at day 🫠

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Feel like I really hate my husband and would honestly just rather be on my own. At home on my own with a poorly 2 year old and a 3 week old, all he gives a tit about is work. He didn’t even take a full 2 weeks off after the baby was born and worked from home everyday he was off anyway, this week he was saying he might need to stay away and could tell I wasn’t happy about it so apparently changed his week so he didn’t have to be away but he’s just messaged that he’s not going to be home until after I’ve gone to bed anyway so what was the bleeping point?!

I’m feeding the baby so he’s doing no night feeds and does duck all else really, I get tempted to change to bottles just so I can have him do some night feeds but that’s not fair on the baby really. I just think at least if I was on my own I’d get some form of break if he had the kids and then he might realise what it takes to look after them both on your own. Can’t wait to try and tackle tea, bath, bedtime etc on my own 🙃 and the stupid tit will probably pick up a selfish takeaway for his tea as well

Not really after any advice but just seen so many rants about other halves so felt like this was where I could get it off my chest 😂
Solidarity friend! Mr B is great when his head is in it. When it comes to work, not so great. We both have 1x previous and when our first son was born, he was amazing. And actually, thanks to covid, great with the second. However, with baby, I’m really struggling. My stepson lives 4 hours away, but everyday, I have 4 kids and feel like I’m battling Life on my own. He also lost his dad when 3yo was 8 months, and he hasn’t been the same since. Work has taken full priority. The only good thing having a baby on Christmas Eve was that he had 2 weeks off for Christmas.

You are not the only one with a KW. We are definitely all in this together xx

Did you see it on TikTok? 😂

@Jellybean093 i reply to messages and get lost on where to catch up and sure I miss loads of posts? How was doctors? Mini Waka was laughing and stopped coughing an hour after I told work she wouldn’t be in so I took her to nursery in the end where they said she’s been laughing at day 🫠
Typical! Luckily, (well, not lucky) baby looked poorly, and has a viral which explained the rash, but it has also turned into a chest infection. He hasn’t been with it at all all day, and has barely eaten. Keeps falling asleep and waking up within minutes 😔 he’s had 1x antibiotics, but the nappy from it was so loose. Hopefully we will have a better night and day tomorrow. Thank you for asking xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Solidarity friend! Mr B is great when his head is in it. When it comes to work, not so great. We both have 1x previous and when our first son was born, he was amazing. And actually, thanks to covid, great with the second. However, with baby, I’m really struggling. My stepson lives 4 hours away, but everyday, I have 4 kids and feel like I’m battling Life on my own. He also lost his dad when 3yo was 8 months, and he hasn’t been the same since. Work has taken full priority. The only good thing having a baby on Christmas Eve was that he had 2 weeks off for Christmas.

Typical! Luckily, (well, not lucky) baby looked poorly, and has a viral which explained the rash, but it has also turned into a chest infection. He hasn’t been with it at all all day, and has barely eaten. Keeps falling asleep and waking up within minutes 😔 he’s had 1x antibiotics, but the nappy from it was so loose. Hopefully we will have a better night and day tomorrow. Thank you for asking xx
Why are they all like this? 😭 can’t imagine how nice it must be to wake up every day and only have to think of yourself, jump in the shower get dressed and then leave the house 🙃 just coming home and announcing you’re off out to 2 Christmas parties this December! Without a second thought about the 2 kids you’ve got at home, I’ve not had a Christmas night out since 2018 🥲

I’m sorry you’re struggling, can’t imagine what 4 kids at home on your own must be like! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why are they all like this? 😭 can’t imagine how nice it must be to wake up every day and only have to think of yourself, jump in the shower get dressed and then leave the house 🙃 just coming home and announcing you’re off out to 2 Christmas parties this December! Without a second thought about the 2 kids you’ve got at home, I’ve not had a Christmas night out since 2018 🥲

I’m sorry you’re struggling, can’t imagine what 4 kids at home on your own must be like! ❤
I think this is just men. They are mummied so much by their actual mums, they still need mummying later. I’m not sure how long you have been here, but I’ve had to give up joint nights out where childcare has fallen through etc.
Just this Saturday, we were going out just us two. Baby was clingy to me, but I needed to get dressed. Got everyone bathed and dressed. Mr B got himself bathed. Then, decided at the most stupidest time to start sweeping. Like, wtf? I need to blow dry my hair and do make up. It takes me a while. Just sit with the baby. He’ll only eat the crumbs off the floor 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Snoop if your lurking come at me for this. I'm ready.

My MIL has pissed me off big time. KW has a work night out on Sat and I really want to go as all of his friends partners are going, and I feel like a dick not going. I asked her if she'd have the kids for a few hours and she goes "no Mia, we're having a weekend JUST US TWO!!" as if making out she has my kids all the time. She's had the kids a total of 2 times in 18 months. Why can't they just bloody help out once in a blue moon, I need a life too 😭

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Feeling horrible, was getting baby ready for bed and sat her on the changing table (she can sit up really well) but somehow fell backwards with a massive force and smacked her head on the changing table. She screamed for a minute. I am so paranoid that she has a head injury, how would i know? Feel so guilty 😓😓😓

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Feeling horrible, was getting baby ready for bed and sat her on the changing table (she can sit up really well) but somehow fell backwards with a massive force and smacked her head on the changing table. She screamed for a minute. I am so paranoid that she has a head injury, how would i know? Feel so guilty 😓😓😓
This kind of thing happens all the time. Heads are pretty well designed for taking the odd knock. Don’t sweat it, I’m sure baby is fine

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Oh no! Hope them antibiotics kick in soon. I hate it when they can’t get any rest. Go to bed armed with calpol and ibuprofen x

• Heart
Snoop if your lurking come at me for this. I'm ready.

My MIL has pissed me off big time. KW has a work night out on Sat and I really want to go as all of his friends partners are going, and I feel like a dick not going. I asked her if she'd have the kids for a few hours and she goes "no Mia, we're having a weekend JUST US TWO!!" as if making out she has my kids all the time. She's had the kids a total of 2 times in 18 months. Why can't they just bloody help out once in a blue moon, I need a life too 😭
But, but, but YOU decided to have children 👀

Sorry your MIL is a KW X

Oh no! Hope them antibiotics kick in soon. I hate it when they can’t get any rest. Go to bed armed with calpol and ibuprofen x
Just had his 2nd lot and ibuprofen. Ready to tackle the night 😭 x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Silently seeeeeething at MrMe this evening. They honestly just think of what they want to do, and do it. They never see the one million things we have to do to keep the house from imploding, and keep everyone in clean clothes, lunches etc. My FIL is here atm or my seething would be louder 😂
But yeah, its that old thing that we are the default parent, and house keeper. 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I think this is just men. They are mummied so much by their actual mums, they still need mummying later. I’m not sure how long you have been here, but I’ve had to give up joint nights out where childcare has fallen through etc.
Just this Saturday, we were going out just us two. Baby was clingy to me, but I needed to get dressed. Got everyone bathed and dressed. Mr B got himself bathed. Then, decided at the most stupidest time to start sweeping. Like, wtf? I need to blow dry my hair and do make up. It takes me a while. Just sit with the baby. He’ll only eat the crumbs off the floor 😂
Yeah don’t get me started on my MIL 🙃 her precious son could do no wrong!

That’s so annoying, I actually think they do it on purpose a lot of the time. I feel like my husband does a lot of stupid tit just out of spite. Even this weekend putting the Christmas tree up he just started being an awkward shite about it I was like fine fuckoff then I’ll do it with our son myself! And it always takes him longer to get ready to go anywhere than it does for me to get myself and the kids sorted 🙃

Reactions: 4
But, but, but YOU decided to have children 👀

Sorry your MIL is a KW X

Just had his 2nd lot and ibuprofen. Ready to tackle the night 😭 x
She's an utter knob. This is the same woman who told me that she wasn't excited about the baby as he was her 8th grandchild, and it gets boring after the 3rd 🙃 I don't even know why I bother tbh

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
My baby is a KW. Twice twice! My OH has called me into the living room cause the baby crawled to a Santa decoration and TWICE the baby stopped and rolled over like a dog wanting belly scratches when I walked into the room to watch 😂😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's an utter knob. This is the same woman how told me that she wasn't excited about the baby as he was her 8th grandchild, and it gets boring after the 3rd 🙃 I don't even know why I bother tbh
WHATTTT 😱 (although pretty sure your MIL is my mum)

• Haha
I was like this but honestly when they start crawling, pulling up onto furniture and trying to walk they fall over so much and we’ve got wooden floors so I’ve got used to it!

When I was worried ages ago @I’mThankyou_ gave some really good advice, I think it was as long as they don’t cry for 10 minutes or longer and don’t have bruising behind their ears they should be okay. Obviously just check on them a little more when sleeping as well but honestly their heads can withstand a lot!

• Heart
And it always takes him longer to get ready to go anywhere than it does for me to get myself and the kids sorted 🙃
I can get me and the baby ready in half the time it takes my KW to get ready, men really do take the piss. I’ve had to be really blunt with him on multiple occasions and say how it’s not fair that my whole life is a rush whilst he just swans about and does what he wants. They don’t understand what it’s like to have limited time to shower, get yourself ready, feed yourself etc, I haven’t enjoyed a shower or a meal since baby T was born because I’m constantly rushing to get it finished, or I’m doing it whilst trying to look after a baby. Earlier I was thinking of how exhausted I am, and how much I would pay to have a night of undisturbed sleep and a bath in peace, but I don’t have anyone to help and we are poor 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I wish it was acceptable to cut in laws off 😂 they’re more hassle then they’re worth sometimes

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I can get me and the baby ready in half the time it takes my KW to get ready, men really do take the piss. I’ve had to be really blunt with him on multiple occasions and say how it’s not fair that my whole life is a rush whilst he just swans about and does what he wants. They don’t understand what it’s like to have limited time to shower, get yourself ready, feed yourself etc, I haven’t enjoyed a shower or a meal since baby T was born because I’m constantly rushing to get it finished, or I’m doing it whilst trying to look after a baby. Earlier I was thinking of how exhausted I am, and how much I would pay to have a night of undisturbed sleep and a bath in peace, but I don’t have anyone to help and we are poor 😂
Bless you, this all hits home so much. Its so so true.

During a night feed the other day while I was half asleep I was fantasising about a bath in peace with some chocs and a cheeky glass of red, then KWs snoring whacked me straight back into reality 🙃🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.