New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m thinking the power of several sleep deprived brains will be better than one this morning so can anyone tell me if I’m forgetting anything super important in terms of baby proofing my house now baby is crawling? I’ve ordered plug socket covers and stair gates but feel like there are other obvious things I’ve forgotten 🤔
Plug sockets shouldn’t be used in UKs sockets as they are safe as they are
- baby has taken a liking to opening kitchen cupboards
- can’t think of much else 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Sorry guys, random Vinted q!

I only ever buy on there but really need to start selling baby stuff 🤣 do I have to have access to a printer for the labels or anything or is that all done at the store I take it to?

I only ever buy on there but really need to start selling baby stuff 🤣 do I have to have access to a printer for the labels or anything or is that all done at the store I take it to?
You can toggle your settings so you only accept postage options that are printerless if you don’t have one

I’m thinking the power of several sleep deprived brains will be better than one this morning so can anyone tell me if I’m forgetting anything super important in terms of baby proofing my house now baby is crawling? I’ve ordered plug socket covers and stair gates but feel like there are other obvious things I’ve forgotten 🤔
Kitchen cupboards are the main one. My pro tip is to leave a lock off your Tupperware cupboard as baby runner can happily unpack all my boxes for hours while I cook 😂

• Heart
Don't cover the plug sockets as it actually makes them more dangerous for UK sockets. 😊

Tbh, apart from the stairs, I've never baby proofed anything.
Cupboards I've just taught them no. (as much as I have to repeat it constantly 😂)
I was going to put a lock on the one with the cleaning stuff in but in the end we didn't as she's never in there alone anyway

Reactions: 3

I haven’t got a printer either and had to play around with the settings for a while. I found Royal Mail didn’t work for me as the online price is different to what you pay in store when you go and get the label printed so I was losing 50p each sale. I was conned by evri because it said I could print at the corner shop but then when I got there he said it’s the wrong bar code (I had to join the library and pay to get it printed 🙄). For me, I have found Yodel works the best for me as you can print those as my local co op. I think the inpost lockers are supposed to be good for if you haven’t got a printer but I’ve never used them as there always seems to be problems with them being full! So I have now turned off the other options apart from yodel (and UPS which I can’t turn off)

Wow, sorry for the essay - I’m a vinted-holic

• Heart
Reactions: 2
T2 took her first steps last night 🥺 sort of made up for only giving me 4 hrs sleep every night this past week.
wasn’t expecting it to be so emosh 🥲

weve finally all gotten over weird mystery illness that knocked us all out this past week. Back to catch up on the thread …

• Heart
Reactions: 21
T2 took her first steps last night 🥺 sort of made up for only giving me 4 hrs sleep every night this past week.

weve finally all gotten over weird mystery illness that knocked us all out this past week. Back to catch up on the thread …
Go twin 2🥳🥳🥳

Reactions: 1

What a clever girlie 💕💕💕💕

I’m here with todays most boring question, what kind of bag do you use for their nursery things? I’ve seen loads of childrens mini backpacks online, but I don’t know if they are big enough to fit in everything they need 🤔 and what do you send with them to nursery? The one we are using provides meals and nappies, so I’m thinking it’s just spare clothes, puddle suit etc.

I’ve decided I need to stop being in denial and get prepared for baby T starting nursery after Christmas 🥺 I’ve just ordered a duck puddlesuit from Vinted for him to take, now I’m going to go and sob.
I got mine from my first years. The only thing you need is some spare clothes, bibs, hats etc. I leave a coat on her peg.

Sooooo it turns out her ‘viral rash’ is actually hand foot and mouth 🙃 can’t catch a bloody break
We’ve just had that. It’s horrid ☹ nursery lurgy

Reactions: 2
Don't cover the plug sockets as it actually makes them more dangerous for UK sockets. 😊

Tbh, apart from the stairs, I've never baby proofed anything.
Cupboards I've just taught them no. (as much as I have to repeat it constantly 😂)
I was going to put a lock on the one with the cleaning stuff in but in the end we didn't as she's never in there alone anyway
We have handles on our kitchen cupboard doors, that we have had to stick wooden spoons in them because we have no locks 😂 baby is getting used to not going near them now. After catching his finger 🫠

Just noticed this on baby. The docs are going to tell me viral, aren’t they 😭

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
We have handles on our kitchen cupboard doors, that we have had to stick wooden spoons in them because we have no locks 😂 baby is getting used to not going near them now. After catching his finger 🫠

Just noticed this on baby. The docs are going to tell me viral, aren’t they 😭
Could be, but still go. That's how we started with scarlet fever! X

Could be, but still go. That's how we started with scarlet fever! X
Got docs at 12. Just had a look at 6yo school messages and on Friday, they posted they’ve had 2 cases of scarlet fever! This has put the fear in me after what happened with my g.niece 😭 xx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Got docs at 12. Just had a look at 6yo school messages and on Friday, they posted they’ve had 2 cases of scarlet fever! This has put the fear in me after what happened with my g.niece 😭 xx
Let us know how you get on! He's a tough cookie Baby B, knowing him it'll just be viral and you'll come away laughing! X

• Heart
Thank you all for your help. He has her 6 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours every second Wednesday. I have been taking pictures and it just breaks my heart that she isn’t been looked after. She comes back with a red bum. Her clothes stink of sick or poo or both. When she comes back she throws up during and after her bottles for days. It’s just not fair. I can’t speak to his family because they are just as bad as him. They went around telling everyone I had PPD and tried to take her from the hospital. They are quick to tell me I’m a bad mother but seeing her not being idolized and cared for breaks my heart. Even something as stupid as not feeding her on time. He doesn’t put a coat on her in her car seat he puts her in a dressing gown which is ridiculous because it’s so cold out
Sounds to me like you’re a great mum who is doing Everything she can to make sure her glorious baby is cared for well. Definitely get on to your legal people asap x
Just to say though, you do need to be very careful about coats and car seats. Thick coats, or anything puffy, shouldn’t be used in the car seat. Better to dress her normally, and use a blanket over the straps

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Viral + chest infection 😔 antibiotics for now, but to keep an extra close eye on him. Kicking myself. Should’ve taken him to out of hours at the weekend. Should’ve taken him up in the early hours of this morning. Hope he gets better soon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Viral + chest infection 😔 antibiotics for now, but to keep an extra close eye on him. Kicking myself. Should’ve taken him to out of hours at the weekend. Should’ve taken him up in the early hours of this morning. Hope he gets better soon xx
You can only do your best, lovely, and if we took them up every single time they were a bit wheezy we’d be up non stop. The important thing is he’s got his antibiotics now, and he’ll be on the mend asap x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you all for your help. He has her 6 hours on a Saturday and 4 hours every second Wednesday. I have been taking pictures and it just breaks my heart that she isn’t been looked after. She comes back with a red bum. Her clothes stink of sick or poo or both. When she comes back she throws up during and after her bottles for days. It’s just not fair. I can’t speak to his family because they are just as bad as him. They went around telling everyone I had PPD and tried to take her from the hospital. They are quick to tell me I’m a bad mother but seeing her not being idolized and cared for breaks my heart. Even something as stupid as not feeding her on time. He doesn’t put a coat on her in her car seat he puts her in a dressing gown which is ridiculous because it’s so cold out
Get on to your solicitor as soon as you can. When does he next have her?

Just incase you're not aware, coats shouldn't be worn in a car seat 😊

Just seen @Definitelyme posted a link for it 😊

• Heart
Guys I’m in a soft play and we’re the only people here. Even the staff have left. It feels like it’s haunted or something and I’m gonna get ghosted by a ghost 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.