New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i checked north london as that’s where I used to work and it was the same price as I pay just outside of london. £1,500 for 4 days.
the cheaper ones reflected the price (small, outdated resources, lots of plastic toys, decorated in bright primary colours or tv characters on walls, displays tatty)
And that’s for one child? 🥲 also good to know for outside of London we have no idea really where we will end up

Reactions: 1
And that’s for one child? 🥲 also good to know for outside of London we have no idea really where we will end up
We're south devon (near Bristol) and I'm looking st about £650 for 3 full days, a good nursery too.

Reactions: 2
About £650 for 3 full days in Yorkshire. But I'm not ready to talk about it yet and shall continue to live in denial. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I moaned to my friend once about the cost of childcare, her response was "well, you chose to have kids." Totally missed the point, it's 2022, women are supposed to be able to have it all!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I moaned to my friend once about the cost of childcare, her response was "well, you chose to have kids." Totally missed the point, it's 2022, women are supposed to be able to have it all!
…. Is your friend Snoop?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Shall we remind her the same gender who uphold the majority childcare are usually paid minimum wage? Is that their fault as they chose that career? The whole system is fucked
idiot

• Heart
Reactions: 6
100%! She'll thank you so much for it when she's older. I stayed at home with my mum until I started primary and I'm so socially awkward and have major confidence issues, but my two who gave been in childcare since babies are totally different, outgoing and so confident and I couldn't be more glad ❤

(Not that there's anything wrong with being at home for longer, i probably would have turned out that way anyway 😅🤣)
Mate I'm scared of my own shadow and went to nursery, so I think this theory needs a bit more testing, or was my nursery broken?! Where can I claim compensation?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For any of you in London was is the amount you roughly have to pay for childcare? It’s our dream to move back to London but I’m worried the fees are worse than they are in NZ! (When my baby starts I’ll be paying around £1500 a month for both kids full time, this reduces when my eldest is 3 as well)
A nursery I use to work in, that is close to the station that is 20 minutes from Waterloo (I’m south London) is £92 a day for under 2s and £90 for over 2s 🫠 with full time, you get a 5% discount, so you’re looking at £1700 for a month for an under 2. That’s not far off what I earn a month. 3yo preschool is £40 a day and that’s 9-3 term time only, so for 2.5 days for 1 term of 6-7 weeks, it’s over £700. I can’t wait until he gets his free hours come January

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Imagine everyone decided to stop having kids because of the cost of childcare though. We’d have no one to look after us as an older generation and everyone in nurseries would be out of a job, I hate this rubbish argument people have.

Our nursery is £60 a day it went up from £55 cause of the cost of living crisis, ours is £765 a month for 3 days plus what we’ll pay MIL for the 2 days she has him 😭

Reactions: 4
Imagine everyone decided to stop having kids because of the cost of childcare though. We’d have no one to look after us as an older generation and everyone in nurseries would be out of a job, I hate this rubbish argument people have.

Our nursery is £60 a day it went up from £55 cause of the cost of living crisis, ours is £765 a month for 3 days plus what we’ll pay MIL for the 2 days she has him 😭
Is your MIL losing money to have baby b? Because I’m sure she can get something from the gov?

Ok, just looked. It’s £275 a year. Lols

Is your MIL losing money to have baby b? Because I’m sure she can get something from the gov?

Ok, just looked. It’s £275 a year. Lols
She retired from her main job to take a job with lesser hours 4 years ago and then our niece was born so she’s the family babysitter now 😂
I could never expect her to look after baby B without paying her for it though when she could be a lady of leisure in her retirement

£275 a year what’s the point 😂

For any of you in London was is the amount you roughly have to pay for childcare? It’s our dream to move back to London but I’m worried the fees are worse than they are in NZ! (When my baby starts I’ll be paying around £1500 a month for both kids full time, this reduces when my eldest is 3 as well)
We’re due to start nursery next Spring- SW London, one Baby under 2, full time 5 days a week. £1800 🫠 All the nurseries I looked at in our area ranged from £1600-£2800 which is terrifying. I don’t really understand how people afford it to be honest.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm about to enter the realms of hell. The 3yo's friends bday party. I feel like death, KW is hungover and Arnie has decided today is the day he hates life. See you on the other side friends 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.