Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
The cost of childcare leaves me with practically nothing after other bills etc, but I prefer having a little bit of sanity so I'm defo going back to work 😅

I feel like you really get what you pay for though. My daughter had the most amazing childminder, she was like a mum away from home for her, and while her prices were astronomical, it was worth every penny. My 8yo still talks about her to this day!

Likewise the 3yo is in an amazing nursery and preschool who are pricey, but he's come on SO much during his time there and I have no worries at all about Arnie joining his nursery in Jan, which is not so long away 😭
100000% agree with this, worth it for the sanity alone! Plus the development is huge. She already now knows if she’s done a poo or has a heavy nappy to go and get her changing mat and lay on it, and she’s started getting it out when she wants a nap because the older kids have nap mats at nursery. She’ll (try) and put her socks, shoes and coat on and will now wipe her own face after dinner. We haven’t taught her any of that specifically, she’s picked it up at nursery 🤷🏼‍♀️ (Sorry, sounds like a boring proud mum post lol but I do think nursery is worth the money, just that the funding needs to be more flexible)

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Other mothers, there is a chance that TMe slept for 6 HOURS IN A ROW last night 😱 I say a chance because I can’t rule out that he stirred and got the boob on his own, or that I did without waking properly, but he was settled at around 10/10.30 and I didn’t see the clock time until 4.30am! Never have I known such witchcraft!

• Heart

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
Sorry to bring grossness to the thread but wondering if anyone‘s had any experience of third degree tears after birth and recovery? Mainly to do with bowel incontinence and also poo coming out of my vagina 🙃

After the birth (3 weeks ago) they obviously recommended I go into theatre to be stitched up as I’d tore quite badly down to my bum and if I didn’t then there would be the risk of poo coming out of my vagina, so obviously I’m going to go for the surgery anyway but it’s become obvious that this is happening anyway. I also cannot hold a poo at all, so in a nutshell at soft play today as I’m trying to get the bathroom as fast as I can it just starts coming out anyway 🙃 so I’ve had to leave with my little boy sharpish and I’ve not really been able to stop crying since I got home. I just feel disgusting and can’t imagine ever feeling normal again. I have a gynaecologist review in the new year but I don’t even want to have anyone look and poke around ever again so I’m dreading the thought. Is this normal after this kind of birth and will it get better by itself as time goes on? I know recovery takes time and I’m doing pelvic floor exercises every day but the thought of shitting myself in public is making me terrified to leave the house

Again apologies for the grossness but feel like this is the only place I can get certain stuff off my chest without feeling judged or embarrassed

• Heart
  • Sad

miaaaa

But, but, but YOU decided to have children 👀

Sorry your MIL is a KW X

Just had his 2nd lot and ibuprofen. Ready to tackle the night 😭 x
She's an utter knob. This is the same woman who told me that she wasn't excited about the baby as he was her 8th grandchild, and it gets boring after the 3rd 🙃 I don't even know why I bother tbh

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
After a horrible 3 hours with the 3yo we've just arrived at a garden centre to go look at some lights and decorations... There is an older lady in the car next to me on her own eating a chocolate bar, I am so jealous haha. I said that to my husband and he said "has it really been so bad that your idea of fun right now is sitting alone in a car park eating a chocolate bar?" and my answer was an emphatic yes!
I don't think they understand how exciting alone time with a snack can be when they're not with the kids 24/7.

• Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I cannot cope I’ve just spotted that Baby Rita has a tiny little tooth poking through and I’ve actually cried 😭😭😭😭 I’m not emotionally prepared for her to grow up why is it going so fast??

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
I must be giving off that I'm agitated because my partners sent me back up to bed for an hour 😂
Probably has something to do with the fact I was sitting crying on the sofa when he walked in 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13

xoxo GG

VIP Member
BabyGG looks like he’s finally turning a corner after having bronchiolitis, he did a 3 hr stretch last night, is back to rejecting his Dads attention and downed 7oz before bed last night 🙌🏼 longest week of my life 😅

• Heart

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
Wish I could have got a picture of my husbands face when, as I was running my boys bath after emptying dishwasher cleaning kitchen etc I just thought ‘fuck this’ and went and sat on the sofa next to him 🙃 took him a minute for the penny to drop when he realised he was gonna be the one no longer watching the football but doing bath time instead.

• Haha

miss_americana

Chatty Member
18 months by Christmas, so just between baby and toddler!
I’ve got some little wooden figures for Baby L from Aldi for her stocking and a couple of cheap mini slinky things as she loves them.

Thanks for all the love on my hospital post. Spent the night in A and E. Got moved up to the ward about 11:30 yesterday. They are starting to wean her off oxygen so hopefully we’ll be home by tomorrow 🤞🏼

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
I think a good pan is the secret to making good pancakes. We bought a new one a while ago, and never have any dud pancakes. Dud kids, yes indeed. Dud pancakes, never.

• Haha

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I have just dehydrated some fruit in my air fryer, and i cannot tell you how excited it made me.
I really need a life

• Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
@jackolantern i think I’ve accidentally found your people…. On mumsnet?!?

I follow their Xmas bargain thread (because I have an instinctive objection to paying full price for anything) and all of a sudden they’re all talking about buying axes?! Someone even thought about buying an axe for a four year old?! So apparently you’re not the only one I bet the rest of them just buy soup in a tin though, you really are alone there

Attachments

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
Oh she's defo got the Shazza personality (sometimes even a Karen) 😂

She tested the OTs stander, but if she continues like this she won't need her custom one😂 she's a mega troll I'm absolutely sure of it. Had no interest for months, did 20mins in the frame and now she thinks she can do this solo. She's taking the mick😂
Can you imagine, getting some visits to discuss your complaints where you may have discussed t2's needs and t2 just strolls in casually 😂

• Haha

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Baby o was in the bath this evening and she slipped. I turned my back for a second to grab her toothbrush and she’s tried to climb up the side of the bath and slipped. She went face first, tried to pull herself up and went backwards. There was a second or two where she was just lying on her back looking at me in panic and I couldn’t tell if she was floating or underwater and I froze for a sec 😭 I grabbed her out and then she screamed and wailed for like 20 mins until she wore herself out and fell asleep. I don’t know if it was cus she was scared or if she hurt herself but I’ve never heard her make noise like it. Off to Google secondary drowning and stare at the monitor. I feel so bloody awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 12