Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Ffs started my weekend the same way as I’ve ended it. Friday night in a&e with the eldest as he fell off a bench at school onto his head (while sat down?!?! How!!!!!) then tonight with the youngest as he’s got bronciolitis again.

Pro tip: never have 3 under 5, you may as well camp in a&e 🙂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

bepobee

This isn't really specifically baby related but wondered if you helpful mums have any advice please.
I'm verging on leaving my partner because I'm just so unhappy. I've walked out 3 times in the last couple of weeks alone because it's just been too much for me.

It's really hard to say why I feel like this as on the face of it all the reasons I give for why I'm unhappy are minor. But I think I'm at the point of having so much built up anger and resentment towards him that I can't see a way through. Every time we get to this breaking point he says we need to try harder, but I don't know what we are supposed to do.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "mental load" of having to be the primary carer for the baby (and dog) and running the household. But some of the bigger "chores" like cooking and laundry I actually somewhat enjoy doing as it gives me headspace. Also I'm a total perfectionist so I really struggle when things aren't done the way I would do them (I realise this is my problem not something he is doing wrong).

The resentment partly comes from how much I feel I have given up for us. I sold my house last year and moved into his, in a fairly rural location and into a house that needed a fair bit of work doing to it. I moved here on the promise that the work would get done and we'd find somewhere together. It took over a year to get the work finished and then I still had to push him to get the house on the market. Now the house is sold and we are struggling to find somewhere to move to (not helped by interfering in-laws). So we face having to rent somewhere and moving house twice, which scares the life out of me. With how our relationship is I'm really hesitant to go through with all this and feel like it would be easier to have a clean break now and I can find another home for me and baby.

This obviously isn't an easy option as it's me that has to start again with a house etc, but I just don't know what else to do. I think the only reason he wants us to keep trying is so we are a family for our baby but I don't think it's fair to sacrifice my happiness for that, or maybe I'm just being selfish.

Sorry for all the waffle. I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any advice for getting over anger and resentment with a partner?

• Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
We've been up since half 4. Raging temps, my throat is like sandpaper so I can only imagine theirs is.
Miss Rachel has been on since 5am, and I give no fucks.

Also, knew T2 was ill before she even woke. The cat (who don't worry snoop isn't usually allowed upstairs, and was swiftly removed from the cot) snook upstairs and decided to have a cuddle with T2. The cat only bothers with you, when you're unwell. 90% of the time she's an antisocial twat 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I've reached a new level of complaining.
I'm sick of complaining to my MP about the care services and lack of funding for medically complex children in our area. So I've bypassed him, and just written a 12 page email to the Health Sec.
Will it get me anywhere? Probably not?
Do I feel better, damn right I do 🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

WhatABore

VIP Member
I know we discuss weird food combos here.

My partner has just got a pack of the party food pizzas... Cooked them... Put salad cream on them. And put them in a sandwich 🤯

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha

Definitelyme

VIP Member
This isn't really specifically baby related but wondered if you helpful mums have any advice please.
I'm verging on leaving my partner because I'm just so unhappy. I've walked out 3 times in the last couple of weeks alone because it's just been too much for me.

It's really hard to say why I feel like this as on the face of it all the reasons I give for why I'm unhappy are minor. But I think I'm at the point of having so much built up anger and resentment towards him that I can't see a way through. Every time we get to this breaking point he says we need to try harder, but I don't know what we are supposed to do.

I think a lot of it has to do with the "mental load" of having to be the primary carer for the baby (and dog) and running the household. But some of the bigger "chores" like cooking and laundry I actually somewhat enjoy doing as it gives me headspace. Also I'm a total perfectionist so I really struggle when things aren't done the way I would do them (I realise this is my problem not something he is doing wrong).

The resentment partly comes from how much I feel I have given up for us. I sold my house last year and moved into his, in a fairly rural location and into a house that needed a fair bit of work doing to it. I moved here on the promise that the work would get done and we'd find somewhere together. It took over a year to get the work finished and then I still had to push him to get the house on the market. Now the house is sold and we are struggling to find somewhere to move to (not helped by interfering in-laws). So we face having to rent somewhere and moving house twice, which scares the life out of me. With how our relationship is I'm really hesitant to go through with all this and feel like it would be easier to have a clean break now and I can find another home for me and baby.

This obviously isn't an easy option as it's me that has to start again with a house etc, but I just don't know what else to do. I think the only reason he wants us to keep trying is so we are a family for our baby but I don't think it's fair to sacrifice my happiness for that, or maybe I'm just being selfish.

Sorry for all the waffle. I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any advice for getting over anger and resentment with a partner?
I am so sorry things are so rubbish right now. I think it’s true to say a lot of us have experienced the same sort of feelings, and feeling alone and undervalued is just so hard to deal with on a daily basis. It wears you down. It isn’t always big things, but rather death by a thousand paper cuts.

I think the thing you need to think on is whether this is a “for now” problem, something that is wrong because of the current situation, or whether it’s symptomatic of problems in the relationship as a whole. In 5 years when baby is bigger, and the demands on you aren’t quite as all encompassing as they are now, do you think you and your partner will still be happy together?

Many years ago I struggled to see how my marriage could continue. I felt like you do now. It was a really rough time, and I don’t even remember what happened to change it. But for me it was a “at the time” problem. I was overworked, overwhelmed, exhausted and not getting the help I needed. I also struggle with perfectionism, and the overwhelm that brings to me, and sometimes I understand my husband can “do no right” even if he helps out. But at the end of the day, our relationship was strained because of the season of life we were in, and when that passed, so did the strain.

Sorry, that’s probably not much helpx

• Heart
Hehe another GP rant incoming.

Todays bad things so far: I dropped my phone in the bath and now it won’t charge, my car is broken and I missed Middle Sailors doctors appointment this afternoon due to previous situation as no one could get us there.

The GP calls at time of appointment (while I’d been sat in the queue for 51 minutes to move the appointment mind) and says to me “let’s move your appointment, is 5:30 this evening ok?” (Errrr no, my car is broken as I’ve just explained? I say I’m at work tomorrow so I physically can’t do tomorrow but Wednesday is fine and he says “well, it depends how worried you are about Middle Sailor” (?!???) So we end the discussion as he goes off. He calls me back 10 mins later and says “it’s imperative you get MS here as we are really concerned about him based on the symptoms you described” (clearly not that concerned as I called last Wednesday but HEY who’s counting). I explain that I can’t drive my car as it’s literally smoking out the bonnet and taxi services are little to nothing in our area and he says “well, you need to find a way of at least getting a urine sample here so we can test that and then we may be able to relax a bit”. At this point I was like MATE WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO, MAGIC HIS PISS OVER TO YOU?! Lord give me strength. I felt like he was trying to imply that I don’t care about my child because I can’t teleport! It was literally out of my hands.

* just should add I would have flown to the surgery via pigeon had I been ultra concerned but we’ve taken MS’s sugar levels several times this week as we sourced a monitor and they’ve been normal THANK god so I’m now only amber level concerned and he has an appointment for weds.

Anyway, ridiculousness.

• Heart
  • Sad

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Need some advice on how to deal with something because at the moment I’m really angry and seeing red. Me and Mr T went out today to do some Christmas shopping, you all know we live with my MIL at the moment because our house fell through, and she’s sent me a text whilst we are out saying she means well but she’s worried that I’m under dressing the baby. For context, she’s mentioned it to me before about how the baby should wear a coat in the car, but I explained that it’s unsafe and the guidance is that they shouldn’t wear big jackets or coats. Once he’s in the car seat, I put a fluffy blanket over him, which I’ve told her too. Her text is making out that I’m going to make him ill, and that I should dress him in something from the house to the car, but the car is directly outside so not even a 10 second walk. She’s mentioned before how he should be in more clothes, and we have had conversations where I’ve explained that I follow current guidelines. He’s always in warm clothing with layers if it’s cold, and obviously if I’m taking him out in the pram then he goes in a pram suit and hat etc. I don’t even know how to respond to her message, but I’m going to have to see her later so wtf do I do? I’ve explained the danger of over heating to her on multiple occasions but she just says how she hates the thought of him being cold because she doesn’t like to be cold 🙃 I don’t think I’m doing anything wrong, he’s a content baby and I’d never deliberately make him cold.

• Angry
  • Sad

jackolantern

VIP Member
After the usual night of wake ups every 2 hours and starting our day at about 5:15 I have made pancakes for the whole family this morning (egg free banana pancakes for the baby, gluten free normal pancakes for everyone else) plus a blueberry and strawberry sauce which I turned into chia jam for the baby... I'll expect my "mum of the year" medal any day now 😂

I genuinely don't know what possessed me, I think I was filled with the festive spirit but I think I'm done for the day now, I've exhausted myself before 8am!
Aye fuck off not all of us can be Nigella OK :LOL:

#stillmadaboutthesoup

Serious though, wanna adopt me? I can sleep through the night I promise and I haven't shit myself for a good few years at least x

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
Bless you, this all hits home so much. Its so so true.

During a night feed the other day while I was half asleep I was fantasising about a bath in peace with some chocs and a cheeky glass of red, then KWs snoring whacked me straight back into reality 🙃🤣
My 4yo wouldn't leave me alone earlier. I said "Can I just pee in peace for once please?"
And she goes
"But you had loads of peace when I was at school"
😑😂

First time Mam and head is fried from all the conflicting advice online but baby is 5 and a half weeks old and waking her at night to feed her is absolute torture. It’s taking nearly an hour to wake her just to feed her. I know she’s still so little but at what stage do I leave her to wake herself for a bottle? Some people are saying leave her until she wakes herself and others are saying to keep waking every 3/4 hours. Help! Please!
I've never once woken them for a feed 😊
They'll wake if they're hungry!

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Oh, I keep forgetting… who was the other mum that changes the kids bedding to Christmas bedding while the kids sleep? Coz I forgot to do it last night, and have to do it tonight. Bloody 6yo asked where the sod song elf was. 13yo piped up ‘oh they forgot we moved house’ eh?! Who’s this kid helping me out 😂

• Haha

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Mr Waka sounds like Mr G, that’s exactly what he does whenever I give him something to do. The other day I asked him to give her lunch while I was upstairs tidying up. He was like “yeah ok. Have you already made it?” Erm no I haven’t mate, that’s part of the job. If I’m going to make it I might as well give it to her myself too 🙄
Same here
BuT I DoNt KnOw WhAt To GivE hER

well you’ve fed yourself well enough for years so figure something out!

• Haha

Littleelf

VIP Member
Its my work Christmas party today its a daytime one so I need to be ready for 11:30. KW has taken the day off to have baby elf and get 5yo from school later, but he's just declared he's off to the gym and he will be back in about an hour...he was like dont worry ill make sure I'm back before you have to leave. Okay ill just get ready with the most destructive baby ever then 🤣 cheers mate my first and only day/night out in about 2 years but you go ahead and get to the gym buddy not like you couldn't have gone earlier this morning!!

• Angry
  • Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
But would it REALLY be a night off? Or when you got back would there be a mountain of stuff that had been caused by your absence that needed attention? Washing not sorted, toys not put away, dishes not done etc.

I’ve been out of action for a few days and my KW has - on the surface - been taking care of everything. Except today the kids didn’t have dry school shirts (even though I made a point of telling him that was imperative to get done) and I’ve just spent half an hour looking for a kids’ food flask that he has done I dunno what with and is now missing, so now I have to rearrange kids lunches for tomorrow. Plus the washing that was put in the machine and never sorted etc etc.

It’s never TRUE time off. It’s a pause, and then when you get back it’s double the work and not even worth it.

• Heart

miss_americana

Chatty Member
On the Mr Blobby chat I apparently LOVED Mr Blobby as a child. Like a weird amount. My Nana knitted him for me and apparently there was an episode of Noel’s house party where he got pushed over and I cried and got angry at the man who did it.
Explains a lot about the person I have become tbh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Borntorun

VIP Member
Hmm. I have a profile picture. Will keep it a few days and see if I can come up with something better 😂

Both children still awake here. No sign of sleep any time soon

• Haha
  • Heart

Dipdab

VIP Member
T2 has now been awake since 3pm. I am so exhausted why won’t she sleep. I’m seriously loosing my mind with not being able to get more than 3 hrs sleep each night. Honestly don’t know how much more I can take.

• Sad
  • Heart

Dak1988

Chatty Member
I’m absolutely RAGING with KW. I managed
To get baby girl asleep at about 6 (we are trialing all different times for bed time) and she’s been sound asleep till now. KW has come home
From a work party, ordered a take away cos clearly the food wasn’t enough, when it arrived he’s loud AF slamming doors and talking to the dog and now baby girl is WIDE AWAKE screaming her head off. When I saw I’m raging I can’t even look at him. I DID the bedtime alone and he’s just ruined it 😡😡😡 why are they so f’ing loud 😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry