New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kids are only just asleep. Those of you who eat dinner after the kids go to bed… how and why?!?!? The second the demons are in bed I’m going to bed too as I’m so tired!
Okay KW does do the majority cooking in this house. The trick is to stay upstairs even when the baby has gone to sleep quickly so he thinks it takes ages to settle them and therefore cooks dinner every night.

tit…I’m the KW aren’t I 🙈🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Okay KW does do the majority cooking in this house. The trick is to stay upstairs even when the baby has gone to sleep quickly so he thinks it takes ages to settle them and therefore cooks dinner every night.

tit…I’m the KW aren’t I 🙈🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m absolutely RAGING with KW. I managed
To get baby girl asleep at about 6 (we are trialing all different times for bed time) and she’s been sound asleep till now. KW has come home
From a work party, ordered a take away cos clearly the food wasn’t enough, when it arrived he’s loud AF slamming doors and talking to the dog and now baby girl is WIDE AWAKE screaming her head off. When I saw I’m raging I can’t even look at him. I DID the bedtime alone and he’s just ruined it 😡😡😡 why are they so f’ing loud 😡😡😡😡😡
Also feeling the rage tonight. Baby only had 30 mins of nap today so was knackered and trying to go to sleep at tea time. Kept him up to eat and dealt with his cranky mood while getting him ready for bed as quickly as I could. Fed him to sleep on the sofa and was trapped under him for the night then.
KW came home from work just before 9pm and was noisy af and caused him to stir. He walked past me settling the baby back down and went in the kitchen. Then started shouting unnecessary questions through!!!?
And obv I didn’t reply as I was feeding the baby back to sleep. So he shouted louder.
Bing, little lad was AWAKE and buzzing after his two hour nap that should have been bedtime 😡

He got down for a play ffs. Came up with me at 10pm and still wasn’t ready for bed 😩 it’s been a loooong day.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Argh what is wrong with this baby 😭 this is now night three of no sleeping and just constant screaming. She’ll sleep in short bursts if upright but that’s it. During the day she’s snotty but otherwise fine, smiling and playing and everything. Then night time hits and oh my god it’s a disaster. I am so tired but I don’t know how to improve it. She’s obviously ill but I don’t know what to do to make her feel better

• Heart
  • Sad
I can never ever go out at night with the OH again. We left the baby with the MIL and he was apparently fine for an hour and a bit but only had 20 minutes sleep then just cried the rest of the time we were gone. I feel sick at the thought of going back to work now, leaving him and him crying for that long everyday.

I don’t know if this is a problem I’ve caused by never being apart in 8 months and from feeding him to sleep every night 😩

• Heart
Today has been hard orange has been Satan reincarnated one of the things she has done today got a toy hammer and hit my friends shitzu with it then turned to me and smiled so much her eyes became slits and did it again I tell her no she’s laughs. I have decided I would like to rewind to the 3 month age where she slept and didn’t put her hands inside the toilet or pick her nose just for like a week to regain my strength as today it’s really been tested x

• Heart
T2 has now been awake since 3pm. I am so exhausted why won’t she sleep. I’m seriously loosing my mind with not being able to get more than 3 hrs sleep each night. Honestly don’t know how much more I can take.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Grrrr KW was getting up for work and I asked him to pull the door to on baby's room so he wouldn't disturb him getting ready. I'd left it open after the last time I settled him in the night anticipating I'd probably be doing it again. He fully closed it making a noise and woke him up 😡 I don't want to start my day before 6am 😭 whyyyyy are they so incompetent??

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
Grrrr KW was getting up for work and I asked him to pull the door to on baby's room so he wouldn't disturb him getting ready. I'd left it open after the last time I settled him in the night anticipating I'd probably be doing it again. He fully closed it making a noise and woke him up 😡 I don't want to start my day before 6am 😭 whyyyyy are they so incompetent??
We have this problem every single time my KW is on an early shift. Banging around all the lights on and the baby is up at 5am. He reckons he’s being quiet 😩😩😩😩 it’s like he thinks if he’s awake then everyone else should be too

• Sad
Reactions: 2
We have this problem every single time my KW is on an early shift. Banging around all the lights on and the baby is up at 5am. He reckons he’s being quiet 😩😩😩😩 it’s like he thinks if he’s awake then everyone else should be too
So annoying! I'm sat feeding baby in bed now having a cry and feeling sorry for myself 😅 tempted to try and check into the hotel of mum and dad tonight just to get a good night of sleep. And leave KW at home to deal with all the wake ups!
I definitely get more sleep than some of you on here but the broken sleep really is a killer and my mood is dreadful 😩

• Heart
So many poorly babies, so many tired mamas, so many KWs 😔

I'm also ringing the KW bell this morning 🔔🔔🔔

So Power3 has been sleeping terribly this week - waking up for 2 hours in the night or starting her day at half 4, and KW has had to basically deal with all of it because I have to stay with the cosleeping baby (who is up every 45m to 2h so I'm not exactly getting a great deal of sleep here). Consequently KW has been mega grumpy all week.
So this morning Power3 stayed asleep until half 5 which is her best sleep all week, KW was asleep by 10pm so he'd had 7.5 hours of pretty undisturbed sleep by then, something I haven't had for about 11 months.
She came into our room, clattered around and the baby started stirring. So I whacked him on the boob and started feeding him back to sleep as usually he'll sleep until 7ish so I thought I could have another hour or so. She quietened down so all ok. Then just when he was asleep she got out of bed and started wandering around the room so I whispered to KW to take her out so she didn't wake baby.
Instead he loudly stage whispered at her to be quiet or they would have to leave, she carried on being loud, he carried on scrolling on his phone in bed, then she came to talk loudly to me, woke PowerBaby up who realised his sister aka his favourite person in the universe was there and then would not go back to sleep.

KW didn't understand why I was grumpy, so he said "it is basically morning" to which I replied "almost, but me and PowerBaby could have had another hour or two sleep" and he said "well this is the best sleep I've had all week".
Oh brilliant. All right for you then mate.

Phew, that was long, TL;DR - KW's are selfish loud idiots.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I can never ever go out at night with the OH again. We left the baby with the MIL and he was apparently fine for an hour and a bit but only had 20 minutes sleep then just cried the rest of the time we were gone. I feel sick at the thought of going back to work now, leaving him and him crying for that long everyday.

I don’t know if this is a problem I’ve caused by never being apart in 8 months and from feeding him to sleep every night 😩
My 4yo was like this.
She was mainly fine if it was daytime but the one time she slept at my mums when she was about 7 months old, she just screamed constantly.
So she never had her again or even attempted it.
If we ever do go out, we have to get them in bed first and then have someone come here.

However daytime, was always fine! So he may well be fine when you go back to work and it's just it being night time

Everleigh is still asleep.
Sounds great considering she's up at 4.30 every morning.
But no. It's because she was awake from 12.30 to 4.30 🙃😑

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
What in the world do I buy my will have just turned one year old for Christmas? I just want to buy one thing for him because I know my family have gone overboard as they do every year and we have a tiny house and no space as it is 🤣

For his birthday I've got him some duplo that goes in the bath 😊

What in the world do I buy my will have just turned one year old for Christmas? I just want to buy one thing for him because I know my family have gone overboard as they do every year and we have a tiny house and no space as it is 🤣

Mini Waka loves her etcha sketch (is that even how you spell it?!) got a cheap one from Tesco, some toy she twists and slides with pop up animals from b&m and set of jumbo farm animals :)

Attachments

I posted about it before but we got Everleigh these and she loves them. You can get the tractor separately which is what she had first. The tractor moves along itself. And makes the animal sound when you put them in the trailer.
Although she does try to ride the tractor herself and then gets mad it won't move 😂

Attachments

• Haha
If anyone is looking for a present suggestion for older babies or one that will be good to bring out later in the year, can I recommend this? Baby Runner essentially just loves playing with all the buttons and pieces. But my 3.5yo will still play with this too and as soon as her friends come for a play date they make a beeline to make ice cream. It’s probs the best value for money I’ve got out of a toy as it’s played with all the time. Currently on a Black Friday sale.

Then the other photo is probably baby runners favourite toy. Obviously she can’t do the latches but I leave them all unlocked and she likes just opening and shutting doors and pulling the animals in and out.

Joy of being a second child - everything she plays with actually belongs to the eldest 🤣

Attachments

• Heart
If anyone is looking for a present suggestion for older babies or one that will be good to bring out later in the year, can I recommend this? Baby Runner essentially just loves playing with all the buttons and pieces. But my 3.5yo will still play with this too and as soon as her friends come for a play date they make a beeline to make ice cream. It’s probs the best value for money I’ve got out of a toy as it’s played with all the time. Currently on a Black Friday sale.

Then the other photo is probably baby runners favourite toy. Obviously she can’t do the latches but I leave them all unlocked and she likes just opening and shutting doors and pulling the animals in and out.

Joy of being a second child - everything she plays with actually belongs to the eldest 🤣
I also recommend the ice cream cart.
The 4yo got bought it on her second Christmas and it still gets played with daily almost 3 years later. Everleigh loves it too

Reactions: 1

Re the ice cream cart - I LOVE YOU!! 3yo loves playing with his friends, but we couldn’t justify the spend

Mini Waka loves her etcha sketch (is that even how you spell it?!) got a cheap one from Tesco, some toy she twists and slides with pop up animals from b&m and set of jumbo farm animals :)
The pop up animals is the one toy 3yo and baby argue over 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.