New baby and post birth advice #37 The only way to eat porridge is to tip it in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby o was in the bath this evening and she slipped. I turned my back for a second to grab her toothbrush and she’s tried to climb up the side of the bath and slipped. She went face first, tried to pull herself up and went backwards. There was a second or two where she was just lying on her back looking at me in panic and I couldn’t tell if she was floating or underwater and I froze for a sec 😭 I grabbed her out and then she screamed and wailed for like 20 mins until she wore herself out and fell asleep. I don’t know if it was cus she was scared or if she hurt herself but I’ve never heard her make noise like it. Off to Google secondary drowning and stare at the monitor. I feel so bloody awful.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Baby o was in the bath this evening and she slipped. I turned my back for a second to grab her toothbrush and she’s tried to climb up the side of the bath and slipped. She went face first, tried to pull herself up and went backwards. There was a second or two where she was just lying on her back looking at me in panic and I couldn’t tell if she was floating or underwater and I froze for a sec 😭 I grabbed her out and then she screamed and wailed for like 20 mins until she wore herself out and fell asleep. I don’t know if it was cus she was scared or if she hurt herself but I’ve never heard her make noise like it. Off to Google secondary drowning and stare at the monitor. I feel so bloody awful.
Oh lady don’t feel awful. They insist on getting on like plonkers in the bath and then slipping all over the place. It probably felt like forever when it happened, but I have no doubt it was only a brief second until you lifted her out. I’m sure it was quite the scare for both of you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
whhhhyyyuy do babies hate going to bed.
She’s taking ages to settle. You cannot just put her in the cot I still hold her to sleep but my god she just pinches and grabs and it’s so annoying. I literally can feel it getting on my every last nerve these pinchy little hands refusing to go to bed.
once she’s asleep she’s fine but she’s fighting naps and bed time so much 😬😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 3
She’s taking ages to settle. You cannot just put her in the cot I still hold her to sleep but my god she just pinches and grabs and it’s so annoying. I literally can feel it getting on my every last nerve these pinchy little hands refusing to go to bed.
Exhausting isn't it. Me on the other hand, if someone told me it was bedtime I'd sprint there faster than Usain bolt 🏃‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Mine wouldn’t go to bed, wouldn’t sleep, crying and screaming - put her on her changing mat and she fell asleep straightaway 🤷🏼‍♀️🙄

Exhausting isn't it. Me on the other hand, if someone told me it was bedtime I'd sprint there faster than Usain bolt 🏃‍♂️
Hahaha they’ll realise the error of their ways one day

I can't just put Everleigh in the cot and she goes to sleep either.
We have a bed in her room and we sit on the bed with her until she falls asleep and then transfer her into the cot. She has to be completely out of it or it starts all over again.
Takes over an hour most nights

• Sad
Another Arssehole refusing to go to sleep tonight. And he had finally dropped off when my 9yo started yelling 😡

• Sad
Do they not realise being in bed is the best thing EVER 😂
Roll on 12-14 years time when we’re in the teenager support thread for teenagers who will not get out of bed 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Mine went to sleep 😀🤩🤗👼

But he's already awake screaming again and it's only been 40 minutes and I expect I'll see him every hour for the next 10 hours 🤡

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Do they not realise being in bed is the best thing EVER 😂
Roll on 12-14 years time when we’re in the teenager support thread for teenagers who will not get out of bed 😂😂😂
I’ve had to threaten teen bean that when she’s here at the weekends she is not sitting, stinking in her pit all day, and that she needs to find some mates and go out because I’m sick of her doing nothing and only rolling out of bed to eat 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve had to threaten teen bean that when she’s here at the weekends she is not sitting, stinking in her pit all day, and that she needs to find some mates and go out because I’m sick of her doing nothing and only rolling out of bed to eat 🫠
Teenagers are a vibe 😂

Sounds like my ideal situation right now tbh!!

Reactions: 1
Mini Waka literally just busted mr wakas lip failing about in bed as I lay next to the carnage shivering from either a tummy bug or covid
They are monkeys

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We’re still awake too, she fell asleep having her last bottle and I was like YES! SUCCESS! VICTORY! I’ll be able to eat dinner before 9:30 tonight! And then as soon as I took the bottle away and moved an inch she was wide awake 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
My kids are only just asleep. Those of you who eat dinner after the kids go to bed… how and why?!?!? The second the demons are in bed I’m going to bed too as I’m so tired!

Reactions: 4
My kids are only just asleep. Those of you who eat dinner after the kids go to bed… how and why?!?!? The second the demons are in bed I’m going to bed too as I’m so tired!
I only have toast
I'm sick of cooking a family meal and it being cold because I'm wrestling the kids😂
So toast is my tea every night unless KW is home and he cooks us something

Reactions: 1
It’s a joke isn’t it. The kids and Mr B are always fed and I’m like bloody golum looking for scraps at 9pm. I’ve noticed that this is why I’m not losing the weight, because I’m always too busy to eat, and when I do, it’s 3 cheestrings and 2 packets of crisps in a sitting 🫠

Reactions: 2
I’m absolutely RAGING with KW. I managed
To get baby girl asleep at about 6 (we are trialing all different times for bed time) and she’s been sound asleep till now. KW has come home
From a work party, ordered a take away cos clearly the food wasn’t enough, when it arrived he’s loud AF slamming doors and talking to the dog and now baby girl is WIDE AWAKE screaming her head off. When I saw I’m raging I can’t even look at him. I DID the bedtime alone and he’s just ruined it 😡😡😡 why are they so f’ing loud 😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.