New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So my back has been so sore lately because of the hefty children, the sleeping sitting up and the lack of opportunity to exercise... We just weighed the children and together they weigh about half my weight and I spend my day lugging them around, no wonder my back hurts!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I will try anything. I switched her formula in sept so have gone solely oat milk for last two days but I’ve been no improvement. Going to buy that now x
We've done the same, I put her on oat milk a few weeks ago and she was still so bunged up and gassy, then I remembered them being babies and putting them on a probiotic and how much it helped so bought some more and honestly when she trumps now it's no where near as painful for her she's managing to get it out without kicking off.
🤞🏻 you can get some relief for you both!

We've done the same, I put her on oat milk a few weeks ago and she was still so bunged up and gassy, then I remembered them being babies and putting them on a probiotic and how much it helped so bought some more and honestly when she trumps now it's no where near as painful for her she's managing to get it out without kicking off.
🤞🏻 you can get some relief for you both!
I’ve bought it so will definitely give it to her otherwise my next port of call is wheat?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

So my back has been so sore lately because of the hefty children, the sleeping sitting up and the lack of opportunity to exercise... We just weighed the children and together they weigh about half my weight and I spend my day lugging them around, no wonder my back hurts!
I sat on the back roller last night, deffo get one! It’s sad magical, esp when I found the knot 🤤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
KW has emerged. Said sorry but maintains last night was “worse for him” because he had to spend £60 getting a cab home. I said what about the fact that I couldn’t go to sleep til you got in at home 3am? The fact id had the baby on my own all day because you went out at 10am? And the fact that she woke me up at 6 this morning and then I’ve been downstairs with her from 7? All while you get a nice lay in?

His response - “well I said sorry”

😡

On a lighter note, have those of you with babies 12m+ started using bedding like blankets and pillows yet? After 5 weeks in her travel cot I want to get some nice new bedding for when we go home and back to her proper cot. Not sure whether to stick to the fitted sheets and sleeping bag or swap her to something else?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
On a lighter note, have those of you with babies 12m+ started using bedding like blankets and pillows yet? After 5 weeks in her travel cot I want to get some nice new bedding for when we go home and back to her proper cot. Not sure whether to stick to the fitted sheets and sleeping bag or swap her to something else?
Unless she's not happy in her sleeping bag I'd stick with it, we didn't swap until she was about 2.5 and then when we did she woke up crying multiple times a night every night for a few weeks because her duvet would fall off and she couldn't figure out how to get it back on and comfy again 🙃

If shes happy with what she's currently sleeping in & it works, stick to it for now!
Especially if when she's in her cot she's up either end each night you'll find she never sleeps on her pillow 😂
I made the mistake with the eldest and gave him a pillow and toddler duvet after he turned one and the pillow was just launched across his room and the duvet in a pile at the bottom of his cot😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
KW has emerged. Said sorry but maintains last night was “worse for him” because he had to spend £60 getting a cab home. I said what about the fact that I couldn’t go to sleep til you got in at home 3am? The fact id had the baby on my own all day because you went out at 10am? And the fact that she woke me up at 6 this morning and then I’ve been downstairs with her from 7? All while you get a nice lay in?

😡

My one year old is too much of a fidget arse so she’s staying in her bag for a while yet!

Morning all! We survived the move, all went super smoothly which was great. The house is beyond dirty and disgusting, I’ve never cleaned so much in my life, and yet it is never ending. So so grubby 😭😭😭😭 but we are making good progress.
Hope you are all doing ok, I miss the daily chats. Only 8 days until the Wi-Fi is connected… 😳

These hospital beds are so uncomfortable.
The only way I can describe how it feels when I've been laying here for a while is... When whales beach themselves and they say that they can die from their own weight crushing them being on land.

That is how I feel on this bed 😂 Everything hurts.

That is all.
I can’t believe you are still in 😭 I have been thinking about you and Ivy xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Highly recommend sticking your kid in a helmet for sleep. He’s slept better the last week than he has in his entire 7 months of life. Another tooth’s coming through too so I gave him calpol, might have drugged him to sleep last night though so he woke at 7 this new time (so is that 8? My brain can’t handle time changes 😂)
I’m just waiting for the 8 month sleep regression to start now he’s only just come out of the 4 month one

relax snoop I didn’t overdrug my child it was the recommended dose xx
I didn’t even know there was an 8 month one until we hit 7.5 months and he kept waking up every 45 mins crying 😮. Googled it and thought a FML here we go again… Basically my life has been one big regression since 4 months. He slept like a little angel up to that point 🫠 take me back!! Praying for us lol

Reactions: 1

😡

I got my 16 month old a toddler duvet and pillow set about a month ago. She hated sleeping bags and would kick blankets off so was getting cold, plus she always liked to sleep on our pillow. The duvet is heavy enough that she can’t easily kick it off but if she really wants too can, if that makes sense haha!

😡

We've never bothered. Not until they move into a bed.
They never keep them on anyway

Not caught up....again and totally not bragging but my child who doesn't ever fricking sleep slept almost 12 hours last night with 3 wakeups. What is this 😳 full expecting normal service of no sleep back tonight though 🤣

• Heart
I didn’t even know there was an 8 month one until we hit 7.5 months and he kept waking up every 45 mins crying 😮. Googled it and thought a FML here we go again… Basically my life has been one big regression since 4 months. He slept like a little angel up to that point 🫠 take me back!! Praying for us lol
I only found out from an Instagram post the other day. They make it sound like there’s a regression every other month until they’re about 4 🤣😭

I don’t know who baby o thinks she is today but the sass is testing me 😒

she’s spent all morning trying to yank the dogs tail and now we’re having lunch and she’s taking great delight in looking me dead in the eyes while she picks up every item, moves it to her mouth for a second and then flings her arm out and drops it 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
So we had a ct scan yesterday to check to make sure her fluid pockets hadnt turned into abscesses. They haven't. But the pneumonia and fluid isn't clearing up as quick as they'd like. So we have to have another 2 weeks minimum of IV antibiotics 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I take back all the fuckity fucks of yesterdays comment. I have a bouncy castle in my back garden and a happy 3yo. Shame about the 4am wakeup asking if it’s time to start the party yet but you can’t have everything in life 🫠

So we had a ct scan yesterday to check to make sure her fluid pockets hadnt turned into abscesses. They haven't. But the pneumonia and fluid isn't clearing up as quick as they'd like. So we have to have another 2 weeks minimum of IV antibiotics 😭
So are they doing a drain?! Or not now?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I take back all the fuckity fucks of yesterdays comment. I have a bouncy castle in my back garden and a happy 3yo. Shame about the 4am wakeup asking if it’s time to start the party yet but you can’t have everything in life 🫠

So are they doing a drain?! Or not now?
They can't drain it because its in pockets and it's also quite thick.
So they're just leaving it in the hope it clears itself... I presume.

The respiratory doctors don't work weekends so I have no idea 🙃

Don't actually know why they want her on the ivs for 2 weeks

• Sad
  • Heart
Anyone else given up today and put baby to bed before 6?! Hoping to get the 5 yr old to bed by half past. 🫠😴🥱

We struggled through to 6.25pm which felt like a massive victory. Today has knackered me though and lets see what the night brings!

Potentially niche question - has anyone had a baby start rejecting a bottle after previously taking it? Baby author was exclusively breastfed until we started weaning at the start of October. He has been taking a bottle of expressed milk from about 5 weeks old once or twice a day, but since he was about 4.5/5months has been rejecting it. Im still breastfeeding him alongside the food, and adding breast milk to the purées I’m making, but my plan had been to be decreasing the amount I was breastfeeding and switching solely to bottle (either expressed or formula) ready for when I go back to work. My concern is making sure Baby Author is still getting enough milk for this first year, which Im worried he wont be if he carries on rejecting the bottle. Does anyone have any tips for reintroducing a bottle or alternatively success with using a trainer cup for a 6.5/7m baby? (Im not interested in trying an open cup yet - I can see it would just go everywhere and I frankly don’t have the patience at the moment!)

We struggled through to 6.25pm which felt like a massive victory. Today has knackered me though and lets see what the night brings!

Potentially niche question - has anyone had a baby start rejecting a bottle after previously taking it? Baby author was exclusively breastfed until we started weaning at the start of October. He has been taking a bottle of expressed milk from about 5 weeks old once or twice a day, but since he was about 4.5/5months has been rejecting it. Im still breastfeeding him alongside the food, and adding breast milk to the purées I’m making, but my plan had been to be decreasing the amount I was breastfeeding and switching solely to bottle (either expressed or formula) ready for when I go back to work. My concern is making sure Baby Author is still getting enough milk for this first year, which Im worried he wont be if he carries on rejecting the bottle. Does anyone have any tips for reintroducing a bottle or alternatively success with using a trainer cup for a 6.5/7m baby? (Im not interested in trying an open cup yet - I can see it would just go everywhere and I frankly don’t have the patience at the moment!)
Yep - baby rose was breastfed, she would happily take a bottle of formula until she was about 3/4 months at which point she absolutely point blank refused. At a push we were able to get her to use a trainer cup with some formula in but she rejected the bottle still. At about 9 months she started accepting the bottle again but only with expressed milk. I actually think it was the formula rather than the bottle in the end for her. Once she turned one I swapped to cows milk and now she has a big bottle of cows milk before bed/at nursery/if she’s with family etc, and boob if she’s with me and overnight. Fwiw I kept breastfeeding when I returned to work, pumped at the beginning but eventually my supply seemed to regulate so I’m not uncomfortable during the day, and she’ll then take cows milk, then once we’re back together after work she’ll feed again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.