New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We struggled through to 6.25pm which felt like a massive victory. Today has knackered me though and lets see what the night brings!

Potentially niche question - has anyone had a baby start rejecting a bottle after previously taking it? Baby author was exclusively breastfed until we started weaning at the start of October. He has been taking a bottle of expressed milk from about 5 weeks old once or twice a day, but since he was about 4.5/5months has been rejecting it. Im still breastfeeding him alongside the food, and adding breast milk to the purées I’m making, but my plan had been to be decreasing the amount I was breastfeeding and switching solely to bottle (either expressed or formula) ready for when I go back to work. My concern is making sure Baby Author is still getting enough milk for this first year, which Im worried he wont be if he carries on rejecting the bottle. Does anyone have any tips for reintroducing a bottle or alternatively success with using a trainer cup for a 6.5/7m baby? (Im not interested in trying an open cup yet - I can see it would just go everywhere and I frankly don’t have the patience at the moment!)
Everleigh was never breastfed but she started refusing all bottles from around 4 months. It was so hard to get her to take them. And then once we started food, she rejected them all apart from bed time.
So she basically had 6oz of milk a day from 6 months.
She only had 6oz of cows milk now when apparently they're supposed to have 22-26oz 🤷🏻‍♀️

We've always used different cups for drinking water since around 5 months.
We personally don't bother with an open cup until later on

Reactions: 1
We struggled through to 6.25pm which felt like a massive victory. Today has knackered me though and lets see what the night brings!

Potentially niche question - has anyone had a baby start rejecting a bottle after previously taking it? Baby author was exclusively breastfed until we started weaning at the start of October. He has been taking a bottle of expressed milk from about 5 weeks old once or twice a day, but since he was about 4.5/5months has been rejecting it. Im still breastfeeding him alongside the food, and adding breast milk to the purées I’m making, but my plan had been to be decreasing the amount I was breastfeeding and switching solely to bottle (either expressed or formula) ready for when I go back to work. My concern is making sure Baby Author is still getting enough milk for this first year, which Im worried he wont be if he carries on rejecting the bottle. Does anyone have any tips for reintroducing a bottle or alternatively success with using a trainer cup for a 6.5/7m baby? (Im not interested in trying an open cup yet - I can see it would just go everywhere and I frankly don’t have the patience at the moment!)
I haven’t breastfed but sometimes have this question at work - I’m not sure whether you’ve already tried this but is it possible to get someone else to try giving a bottle other than you? Baby might be unimpressed that your boobies are there but out of action 🤣 or sometimes expressing a bit of breast milk onto the teat can encourage them to start drinking from the bottle xx

Thank you @LilyRose1234, @WhatABore and @cupcake_face!

Ive tried a few times being in a completely different room out of sight whilst my husband and mum have each tried on different occasions but no luck. Sometimes Baby Author will suddenly go to reach for the bottle and look like he has a couple of sucks before seeming to decide its the worst thing ever and screaming his little head off whilst he tries to push the bottle as far away as possible. I think I’ll start trying more with different cups for drinking breast milk/water, but sounds like Baby Author is going to take after Everleigh as he’s loving food and already showing less interest in milk every day… It would be a lot easier if he would just accepted the bottle again though like Baby Rose!

Reactions: 2
Tommys scoffed bolognaise, a coconut banana smoothie and a bleeping Milky Way - when I’m posting in tears at 5am because he’s farting to Mars and screaming the house down, remind me of the stupidity of this bleeping moment 🤣😅💀😭🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So… MIL didn’t come to little ones 1st birthday party. She has a cold and didn’t sleep well so didn’t feel up to it. My husband was really disappointed and I was totally pissed off. I don’t have a great relationship with her, she’s a difficult woman and rather unpleasant and this just confirms it to me. For the last year I’ve had so much grief about how they want to be in her life more etc etc even messaging my mum saying how jealous she was of her having her every Wednesday 🙄
Now the other week I was supposed to go visit and she was going to have her for the afternoon, but little one was so unwell so I stayed at home to look after my baby (the audacity I know)! Turns out she burst her ear drum. Anyway part of me can’t help but think this is her being petty (and I wouldn’t be surprised) because I didn’t go the other week 🤷🏼‍♀️
i don’t really know the point of this post, I’m just pissed off 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So… MIL didn’t come to little ones 1st birthday party. She has a cold and didn’t sleep well so didn’t feel up to it. My husband was really disappointed and I was totally pissed off. I don’t have a great relationship with her, she’s a difficult woman and rather unpleasant and this just confirms it to me. For the last year I’ve had so much grief about how they want to be in her life more etc etc even messaging my mum saying how jealous she was of her having her every Wednesday 🙄
Now the other week I was supposed to go visit and she was going to have her for the afternoon, but little one was so unwell so I stayed at home to look after my baby (the audacity I know)! Turns out she burst her ear drum. Anyway part of me can’t help but think this is her being petty (and I wouldn’t be surprised) because I didn’t go the other week 🤷🏼‍♀️
The bit about her being jealous of your mum on Wednesdays is exactly my mum being jealous of MIL because she comes over every Thursday. Like I’ve stopped my mum coming over and spending time with her grandkids (never have!) it’s honestly so petty, and I feel you on this

I hope baby cat had a lovely 1st birthday 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 6
All this talk about sleep regressions is making my blood run cold, my eldest was terrible I remember at 4 months then again at 8 months literally awake every half an hour for weeks 😵💫😵💫 I’m praying my son is a better sleeper, 2 weeks old and all he does is sleep tbf but he is prem and I know it won’t last 🤣

I’m 17 days post section and the last few days my bleeding has ramped up, I hardly bled for the first say 10 days, I suppose this is normal? I’m up and about more now, going for walks and doing more housework

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you @LilyRose1234, @WhatABore and @cupcake_face!

Ive tried a few times being in a completely different room out of sight whilst my husband and mum have each tried on different occasions but no luck. Sometimes Baby Author will suddenly go to reach for the bottle and look like he has a couple of sucks before seeming to decide its the worst thing ever and screaming his little head off whilst he tries to push the bottle as far away as possible. I think I’ll start trying more with different cups for drinking breast milk/water, but sounds like Baby Author is going to take after Everleigh as he’s loving food and already showing less interest in milk every day… It would be a lot easier if he would just accepted the bottle again though like Baby Rose!
I would say, she started nursery at 8 months, sent her with expressed milk, then cows milk and actually she’d go the full morning without it (if it’s a full day she likes a bit because she associates it with nap time) but whereas she’ll boob if she’s with me, without me she can go without (or have some cows). Basically her daytime milk naturally decreased the more food she ate but she’s still drink it if it’s offered but won’t ask for it if it isnt

Cor imagine if we all bailed on things because we hadn’t slept well. I’d have been fired long before now 😂 hope you’re ok, it’s frustrating but also quite upsetting when they behave like this

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All this talk about sleep regressions is making my blood run cold, my eldest was terrible I remember at 4 months then again at 8 months literally awake every half an hour for weeks 😵💫😵💫 I’m praying my son is a better sleeper, 2 weeks old and all he does is sleep tbf but he is prem and I know it won’t last 🤣

I’m 17 days post section and the last few days my bleeding has ramped up, I hardly bled for the first say 10 days, I suppose this is normal? I’m up and about more now, going for walks and doing more housework
Sometimes an increase in bleeding can mean you're over-doing it, I was exactly the same but please do try to rest as much as you can! I know that's easier said than done.

• Heart
Sometimes an increase in bleeding can mean you're over-doing it, I was exactly the same but please do try to rest as much as you can! I know that's easier said than done.
Thank you for replying, my eldest is back at preschool tomorrow so I’ll make sure I use the time to chill when the baby sleeps 😂 x

• Heart
Happy birthday to all the babies who have turned 1 recently ❤❤❤❤

Question - if I want to swap formula (say to a cheaper brand because you know… cost of living and that), is it okay to literally just finish a tub of one and swap to another, or am I better almost… weaning her onto the new one? Are they all just the same basically?

OMG look at my halloween hat how smart does Rita look

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Question - if I want to swap formula (say to a cheaper brand because you know… cost of living and that), is it okay to literally just finish a tub of one and swap to another, or am I better almost… weaning her onto the new one? Are they all just the same basically?

Pretty much, I've always just done a straight swap.
She might have an off tummy for a few days but it soon passes!

• Heart

I’ve always just done a straight swap, I had to mess around loads with both of mine to find one that suited them best so I always just swapped them straight over. I did the same with cows milk, any issues pass pretty quickly x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thankyou! Will try it after we finish this tub 😊😊

Been an emotional day - finally put the Moses basket away (sob 😭😭😭) and got really excited because I thought I’m getting part of my living room back, then realised that’s where the jumperoo is going now (well at least it’s no longer just in the middle of the room I suppose)

Also ordered my high chair. Can time slow down now???

• Heart
😆😆😆 Oh Tommy!
How are you feeling otherwise Lantern?

@Easilyannoyed feel like we haven't heard from you in a while? How are you and Orange?

And there's other moms missing I think, Moimoi (don't want to tag, cause there's no profile pic for (a)moimoi, so unsure if it's the right person), @Bwacac , @Midgettree , @Babyyoda88, who else?

• Heart
What age did everyone start putting their baby in a seperate room for daytime naps? My baby is 6 weeks and I'm wondering if it is too early and she should still be napping in the same room as me or can I put her in her crib in our bedroom for naps?

Bought baby a ‘first Halloween’ sleepsuit to wear last night. Guess who forgot to put him in it 🙋🏼‍♀️ but he looks cute in it today, so I will forgive myself 😂

I think I had a panic attack last night. It was so weird. My heart beat 3/4 times and it felt like it was coming out of my chest and back, so obviously I spent all night thinking I was dying and my throat was closing up 🫠 does this sound like a panic/anxiety attack? We are watching a new series (the devils hour on prime. Fml, it’s good, but it got me last night) and all the build up I think got me all panicked. I have never felt like this before and scared about it happening again 😭

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.