New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What age did everyone start putting their baby in a seperate room for daytime naps? My baby is 6 weeks and I'm wondering if it is too early and she should still be napping in the same room as me or can I put her in her crib in our bedroom for naps?
We have never really made a conscious effort to put our little girl in a different room for naps and she is 7 months old, but she could sleep through a tap dancing elephant playing a trombone whilst nuclear war was going on outside...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Bought baby a ‘first Halloween’ sleepsuit to wear last night. Guess who forgot to put him in it 🙋🏼‍♀️ but he looks cute in it today, so I will forgive myself 😂

I think I had a panic attack last night. It was so weird. My heart beat 3/4 times and it felt like it was coming out of my chest and back, so obviously I spent all night thinking I was dying and my throat was closing up 🫠 does this sound like a panic/anxiety attack? We are watching a new series (the devils hour on prime. Fml, it’s good, but it got me last night) and all the build up I think got me all panicked. I have never felt like this before and scared about it happening again 😭
It does sound like one, if it happens again I find grounding exercises help me best so focus on your senses: name 3 things you can see, 3 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, something you can smell and taste. I find my breathing stabilises after that I also try to breath in for 4 seconds hold for 4 breath out for 4 that helps calm me down too. Other than that reminding myself it’ll pass x
My anxiety used to be really really bad hopefully it’s just because of you watching a horror, watch a comedy after if you have time it helps me push the horror out of my head before bed if that makes sense 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It does sound like one, if it happens again I find grounding exercises help me best so focus on your senses: name 3 things you can see, 3 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, something you can smell and taste. I find my breathing stabilises after that I also try to breath in for 4 seconds hold for 4 breath out for 4 that helps calm me down too. Other than that reminding myself it’ll pass x
My anxiety used to be really really bad hopefully it’s just because of you watching a horror, watch a comedy after if you have time it helps me push the horror out of my head before bed if that makes sense 😂
I second this!
I was taught similar to this in my PTSD therapy (Well the brief 4 hours I had 😂)

To focus on your 5 senses to remind yourself of being in the real world. Focus on something you can hear... Something you can smell... Something you can touch.
Keep something with you that you can touch/hear.
It sounds silly but it works.
Mine is a lot when I'm out. So I use my car keys. Feeling them and hearing them. And it helps me to ground myself and focus 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We have never really made a conscious effort to put our little girl in a different room for naps and she is 7 months old, but she could sleep through a tap dancing elephant playing a trombone whilst nuclear war was going on outside...
Where do we get those babies? I breathe in the wrong direction and Tommy is sending out an air raid siren for the entire county

Reactions: 3
Thanks @Belle Amie @WhatABore - the programme isn’t even horror 😂 I did ask Mr B to turn it over but the bastard was half asleep (can never count on him when I feel like I’m dying) and the controls were on his side of the bed 😂

Reactions: 1
I second this!
I was taught similar to this in my PTSD therapy (Well the brief 4 hours I had 😂)

To focus on your 5 senses to remind yourself of being in the real world. Focus on something you can hear... Something you can smell... Something you can touch.
Keep something with you that you can touch/hear.
It sounds silly but it works.
Mine is a lot when I'm out. So I use my car keys. Feeling them and hearing them. And it helps me to ground myself and focus 😊
That’s where I got it from, therapy after being diagnosed with PTSD was rubbish this was the one helpful thing plus keeping a gratitude journal that lasted all of 2 days 😂

Thanks @Belle Amie @WhatABore - the programme isn’t even horror 😂 I did ask Mr B to turn it over but the bastard was half asleep (can never count on him when I feel like I’m dying) and the controls were on his side of the bed 😂
I would 1000% have been waking him up or climbing over him for the remote to turn it off. He’d have no one to blame but himself!
I want to watch a good gorey horror today but I’m scared of the effect on the baby’s subconscious and by the time he’s in bed I'm ready for bed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Went to sing and story thing at the library today. And a toddler pushed over t1. I know it’s normal and it’s going to happen in the future but it made me so upset for her. She looked so shocked and hurt 🥲. The toddlers mum didn’t react just pulled him away which was a bit awkward. I didn’t really know what to say 🤐

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Is it just me or is this bit before bedtime dragging soooo much more since the clocks have changed?!

He’s been looking at me for the past half hour like ‘it’s gone 6pm, I’m bored playing….why we not going bed’ 🙃🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is it just me or is this bit before bedtime dragging soooo much more since the clocks have changed?!

He’s been looking at me for the past half hour like ‘it’s gone 6pm, I’m bored playing….why we not going bed’ 🙃🤣
Today has been the longest day EVER.
It feels like its been 5o'clock for centuries. The twins have already gone to bed because they were acting like they've never slept.
Surprise dickheads YOU DON'T EVER SLEEP!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't know if it will help?! But since switching to cows milk twin 1 has been the same, she's been screaming all night with trapped wind.
We've added in a probiotic into her day drinks and her wind has got far easier. Infact she rolled over last night and let out a massive one it took me by surprise!
Could it be worth a try, these are the ones we have currently
Just Received a box, The instructions are quite limited (and I’m being dumb). Does it matter how much water I mix the probiotic in?

Is there something in the water? Is it because she’s back at nursery for the first time in two weeks, is it because the clocks changed but my god this evening she’s been hell!
cried allllll the way home. She ate nothing at nursery! They kept her awake for 6 hours and let her sleep for 3!!!! Missed her bottle, she’s been so challenging. My husbands trying to put her to bed, she’s acted knackered all evening and of course now she’s fighting it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is there something in the water? Is it because she’s back at nursery for the first time in two weeks, is it because the clocks changed but my god this evening she’s been hell!
cried allllll the way home. She ate nothing at nursery! They kept her awake for 6 hours and let her sleep for 3!!!! Missed her bottle, she’s been so challenging. My husbands trying to put her to bed, she’s acted knackered all evening and of course now she’s fighting it.
Think there is. My girls didn’t want dinner this evening even though it was their favourite. Acted tired and fought bedtime too 🥴. Currently scoffing the trick or treat chocolate I brought because I turned off all the lights and hid the pumpkin. Thought I deserved it more than the pesky kids down my street ….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I have no idea what's wrong with me but I'm soòoo broody. I miss being pregnant so much 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.