New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually going to the bloody gym later just so I can sit on the bike in silence. I'm soooo over stimulated at the moment, Arnie won't sleep anywhere but my arms (including in the night). Put that on top of 2 other kids constantly yelling mum mum mum, I can't even bloody piss in peace gahhhhh:sleep:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Must be something in the water today as Baby Rita is currently an hour into a nap (and she had a 45 minute one earlier) instead of her usual 20 mins! You’d think I would be productive but I have sat and watched Corrie and had my own nap 🤷‍♀️
That is productive! Resting so you’re refreshed? Much better than washing up!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just a small update until I can be bothered to type more.
This hospital is still awful 😂

Been for another xray today to join with the ultrasound she had yesterday.
They can't actually drain the fluid because it's been there for so long, it's too thick to come out, even if they wanted to. It's not just fluid now, it's got fibres and stuff in too.
Can't remember if I said before but the fluid has caused her lung to collapse.

Waiting on the xray results. But if its not getting better, they will have to put her under and do actual surgery to remove the fluid by hand.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

They can't actually drain the fluid because it's been there for so long, it's too thick to come out, even if they wanted to. It's not just fluid now, it's got fibres and stuff in too.

Waiting on the xray results. But if its not getting better, they will have to put her under and do actual surgery to remove the fluid by hand.
Jeez I’m so sorry 😭 you are both going through the unimaginable 😔

• Heart

Gosh I’m so sorry to here that. Poor Ivy 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I don’t even know what to say, you've both been put through the absolute most these past 3 weeks😔
I hope the finish line is in sight for you both soon! Xx

I don’t even know what to say, you've both been put through the absolute most these past 3 weeks😔
I hope the finish line is in sight for you both soon! Xx
I really hope so.
She needs at least a week on the iv still minimum. So looks like Ill be spending my birthday in here 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8

This is so awful I’m sending you both so much love! You’d think they’d be so much more productive and swift when it comes to babies and children!
Hopefully they’ll make a decision and get Ivy on the mend asap ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Those of you that do the majority of parenting to multiple children alone....how the duck do you do it? 😅

I keep thinking if I had just the one it would be easy 🤣

Am I a total pussy cause I'm not used to this? I'm used to having hubby home all day and even though he was working he could still watch the baby for a few minutes and he was usually finished by 4. Now he's not home till 6ish which means I also do tea, baths and babyelfs bedtime on my own. I feel quite overwhelmed.

Cooking with baby elf is like 🤯🤯🤯 ffs shoot me now all he does is try to get into everything while I have no hands free or things are hot and its just alot 🤣 why don't they stay still at all?

I know most of you do this all the time and are amazing and clearly I'm just adjusting as it is only day 2 😅 but duck me 💀 I'm tired

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've just sent a work email and only noticed after I'd sent it that I typed 'foof tour' instead of food. Can I still blame baby brain at 8 months?!

I’m so sorry but this has made my day 😂😂😂

I’m so sorry you’re both going through this, it sounds like it’s been one big cock up after another on the various hospitals’ parts! Hope that things start improving soon. How are you feeling? Silly question I know x

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've just sent a work email and only noticed after I'd sent it that I typed 'foof tour' instead of food. Can I still blame baby brain at 8 months?!

Hahaha this reminded me when I worked at an outdoor clothing company’s head office. A colleague emailed EVERY store and asked if anyone had received a faulty pair of willies rather than wellies 😂

it still makes me laugh to this day because she was an absolute boot who couldn’t take a joke and got all pissy with the shops when they all started emailing her back ripping the piss saying that no they hadn’t received any dildos, vibrators in amongst the waterproof jackets or fleeces 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Those of you that do the majority of parenting to multiple children alone....how the duck do you do it? 😅

Am I a total pussy cause I'm not used to this? I'm used to having hubby home all day and even though he was working he could still watch the baby for a few minutes and he was usually finished by 4. Now he's not home till 6ish which means I also do tea, baths and babyelfs bedtime on my own. I feel quite overwhelmed.

Cooking with baby elf is like 🤯🤯🤯 ffs shoot me now all he does is try to get into everything while I have no hands free or things are hot and its just alot 🤣 why don't they stay still at all?

I know most of you do this all the time and are amazing and clearly I'm just adjusting as it is only day 2 😅 but duck me 💀 I'm tired
Lock all cupboards, except one cupboard and fill that one cupboard with Tupperware. Let baby take it alllll out, multiple times a day. Appreciate the Tupperware cupboard will be a mess. But that keeps baby runner busy that I can usually chop a few bits. Chop everything as quickly as humanly possible. Then all the stirring / adding ingredients can be done one handed.

Reactions: 5
@WhatABore duck, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through! That's insane!
Hope it'll get better soon! ❤ Thinking of you!

Kitten is feeling well, but the poopsplosions 🤢 Poopnamis. The holy poopload. However you want to call it.
She's getting her appetite back though, so hopeful she's getting better.

I can't believe my little girl is turning 1 on Saturday, I was pretty chill about it, but it's suddenly getting to me. One year ago I was getting stressed about getting induced and look at where we are now! She's such an amazing little human, I love her so so much! 😭❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Knobwaffle told me a story today that justifies them being called knobwaffles :ROFLMAO:

One of the lads who works for him finished a job for him earlier then planned so KW was like you can go home if you want. This guy turns round and was like "it's alright mate I'll stay with you at the unit if that's alright as it's half term and I've got 3 kids at home..." This was at lunch, KW said this guy went home at 6PM !!!!! I DESPAIR

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Knobwaffle told me a story today that justifies them being called knobwaffles :ROFLMAO:

One of the lads who works for him finished a job for him earlier then planned so KW was like you can go home if you want. This guy turns round and was like "it's alright mate I'll stay with you at the unit if that's alright as it's half term and I've got 3 kids at home..." This was at lunch, KW said this guy went home at 6PM !!!!! I DESPAIR
Reminds me of when baby Waka was tiny & mr Waka bought a new van and was selling his old one. I was having feeding problems with her screaming in the boob, me in tears persevering still bleeding from the birth, anyway he said he was going out to detail his van which took him EIGHT hours. I presumed this was the old one to sell but saw on Instagram it was his new one! I didn’t even have the energy to give him what for the sod

• Sad

Threatened to send the baby to nursery today. I don’t have an office (imagine I locked myself in an office and let the kids go wild 😂). I work from the sofa. Baby’s new thing is pulling the laptop down or peeping out from the sides. Which is hilarious, but when I’m the only one working, it’s not so funny 🫠
I was so looking forward to half term, but can’t wait until they go back. It’s bloody so tough!

It’s so overwhelming, and I don’t think anyone who’s not a mum can ever understand how hard it actually is. The baby growled at me today because I accidentally ignored him to get his brothers milk for cereal 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Was my last day of maternity leave today, I handed in my notice last month. Havnt had any goodbyes or thanks you from my manager or the company. I worked there for 4 years, I worked 5 days a week in person during the pandemic. Just feel a bit sad this is how it’s ended. Only message I’ve had is from another colleague telling me my maternity cover is being kept on as my replacement 🙃.
A positive today was bedtime only took 45 mins, mr dipdab managed to magically settle both crying babies 🙌🏼

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Yesterday MrRose was off work so he collected baby at lunchtime from nursery instead of and I stayed in the office all afternoon to work from there instead. My boss asked at 3 if I wanted to wfh the rest of the day but I offered to stay in… am I the KW?!😂

Was my last day of maternity leave today, I handed in my notice last month. Havnt had any goodbyes or thanks you from my manager or the company. I worked there for 4 years, I worked 5 days a week in person during the pandemic. Just feel a bit sad this is how it’s ended. Only message I’ve had is from another colleague telling me my maternity cover is being kept on as my replacement 🙃.
A positive today was bedtime only took 45 mins, mr dipdab managed to magically settle both crying babies 🙌🏼
Don’t know if it makes you feel better But I went back for 2 months post mat, having worked for 3.5 years but in quite a traumatic department so everyone was v close, had been in person then remote whilst pregnant didn’t get a thank you or goodbye from anyone and my manager forgot it was my last day 🙃 these places are better off without us!! Don’t spare them a moment of your thoughts given they couldn’t do the same, they’ve showed their colours imo.

Threatened to send the baby to nursery today. I don’t have an office (imagine I locked myself in an office and let the kids go wild 😂). I work from the sofa. Baby’s new thing is pulling the laptop down or peeping out from the sides. Which is hilarious, but when I’m the only one working, it’s not so funny 🫠
I was so looking forward to half term, but can’t wait until they go back. It’s bloody so tough!

It’s so overwhelming, and I don’t think anyone who’s not a mum can ever understand how hard it actually is. The baby growled at me today because I accidentally ignored him to get his brothers milk for cereal 🤷🏼‍♀️
Omg my baby always growls! Picked her up from nursery and they was like “oh she was good today, had a lovely day, although she does growl at us if she doesn’t get her own way…. 🤷🏼‍♀️😬🤣” SO glad it isn’t just mine lol

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Same! 15 years at the place 🙃

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.