New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We took ours last year when she was 6 months. It was free for her and £2.50 each for us, and involved walking through a winter wonderland to get to Santa. She didn’t get a lot out of it but we went with friends with older kids and it was still magical, and we got my fav family photo (plus Santa lol) so was worth it. This year she’ll be 18 months and it’s £16 for her now but we’re going to go as it was just a lovely afternoon out!
That sounds like a bargain (and really lovely)! All the ones I’ve seen advertised have been for £25 minimum! I clearly need to look further afield outside the London bubble!

That sounds like a bargain (and really lovely)! All the ones I’ve seen advertised have been for £25 minimum! I clearly need to look further afield outside the London bubble!
Haha I looked at a couple of different ones and babies were free for them but they don’t get a present, then £16 and up once they get a present. Not London though so probably slightly more reasonably priced! A copy of the photo they took was £15 though 😂

Reactions: 1
Good morning ladies, I hope you're all ok.

I'm after some advice. So my little boy (15 months old) has developed a new favourite hobby of hitting me in the face. It's not hard and I know he can use a lot more force if he wanted, but that's not the point. I tell him 'no' in a more stern voice than I'd usually use and he literally laughs in my face and does it again. I've also tried moving his arms down and given him a toy but he quickly drops it and goes back for a slap.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can help him understand that we don't hit. I have no idea where it's come from, it happened over night so I'm hoping it goes away as quickly!!
My daughter is 15 months on Monday. She started doing this to me and other babies a few weeks ago.
I sternly tell her no & move her hands away. If she still doesn’t stop I move her away from me & I look away. It doesn’t always work but she has stopped a little. Hope your little one stops soon

Does anyone take their little ones to visit Santa at Christmas? Baby Author will still be little at Christmas so not really aware of whats going on, and all the ones I’ve seen advertised seem pretty pricey, so is it something better saved for when they are a bit older?
When we were taking our eldest at the time she was 7 and my now 6yo was 9months she screamed 🥲 the photo makes me laugh to this day. I sound awful but my eldest is there with the biggest smile and she’s just screaming and santas laughing 🤣. I will attempt to take baby with her sister and maybe recreate the photo probs not though because this baby is so laid back she’ll probably laugh.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone take their little ones to visit Santa at Christmas? Baby Author will still be little at Christmas so not really aware of whats going on, and all the ones I’ve seen advertised seem pretty pricey, so is it something better saved for when they are a bit older?
Every year since the eldest was 18 months 💗

@I’mThankyou_ - your post on PTWM ☠ so grateful you are on there 😂

Last edited:
I’m back after surviving chicken pox. That was not enjoyable 😩 hope everyone is ok. Sorry to hear some little ones have been unwell and in hospital. Sending love your way ❤

We are meant to be completing on our new build on Monday but it’s all a bit up in the air right now…but either way we should finally be moved in within the next two weeks after 16 months with my MIL. Feels so strange my littlest will be one next month and has never experienced life with just us in our own house! @Trombolese you’ve been my solidarity in this journey hope you get out soon too or make some progress if you haven’t already, although what a time to be attempting it…the world is a scary place these last few years!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve been working on some tarting up the truth today, helping my younger sister with some careers/cv stuff.
I’ve decided I’m rebranding my kid. I now have an “athletic son who’s a healthy eater”. Nipples still hurt the same as when I had a “feral son who loves doing parkour at the same time as drinking milk” though 🙃😑

Just been reading the last few pages, it all sounds so stressful @WhatABore thank you for keeping us posted and for those details about the other families 😢
How is your little one in herself, is she mostly asleep? Crossing my fingers massively that they can sort her out without needing the surgical option.
Needless personal anecdote as it’s about a 28yo man, but my cousin’s just got out of hospital after going in before Aug bank holiday - they were throwing everything at him to solve an issue before surgery, and once it was finally scheduled and he’d moved hospitals, his body finally responded to treatment and he was able to come home and finish recovering as an outpatient. So it does happen 💜

Where is everyone getting their Christmas PJs?
I keep looking but can only find the right sizes in stock for only 1 or 2 of the three of us. And ideally I’d buy a set in at least next year’s size for baby so we can go again. And maybe newborn-ish lol in case dreams of a 2023 baby happens.
Feel like pinning it down to a specific season is tempting fate though. I just got some new nursing pjs in the Frugi sale and got a matching newborn set to go with it 💀 despite not being pregnant or trying, but they are a seasonless pattern at least so can be used whenever.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I keep looking but can only find the right sizes in stock for only 1 or 2 of the three of us. And ideally I’d buy a set in at least next year’s size for baby so we can go again. And maybe newborn-ish lol in case dreams of a 2023 baby happens.
Feel like pinning it down to a specific season is tempting fate though. I just got some new nursing pjs in the Frugi sale and got a matching newborn set to go with it 💀 despite not being pregnant or trying, but they are a seasonless pattern at least so can be used whenever.
I got ours from Sainsbury’s just the Mickey Mouse ones, that’s such a good idea getting the next size up as well I’m going to have to do it on payday. I signed up to email notifications for when they’re back in stock cause one of ours was missing everytime I tried. I’m tempted to get him personalised ones as well for cheap!

@Borntorun was it you who mentioned using brown noise? I switched to it after the other night and I’m 100% tempting fate here but he’s sleeping SO much better. We’ve just had a 5 hour stretch and this is our first wake up instead of every hour and a half. My boobs are leaking massively but swings and roundabouts 😂

Hey guys!

Does/did anyone else have a super sleepy newborn? Mine is so hard to wake at feeding times! Im worried she’s not gaining enough weight (she’s not back to her birth weight after 2 weeks) the health nurse has suggested adding on a bottle of expressed breasts milk 3 times a day

Tips for waking her up? We try everything, tickling her, damp washcloth over her face, moving her around, putting her down, changing her nappy.

Any advice would be appreciated 🥰

Hey guys!

Does/did anyone else have a super sleepy newborn? Mine is so hard to wake at feeding times! Im worried she’s not gaining enough weight (she’s not back to her birth weight after 2 weeks) the health nurse has suggested adding on a bottle of expressed breasts milk 3 times a day

Tips for waking her up? We try everything, tickling her, damp washcloth over her face, moving her around, putting her down, changing her nappy.

No advice but I also had a very sleepy newborn, even at 2 months he had been known to fall asleep at the boob after a few min! We switched to primarily bottle feeding for various reasons which worked for us. But triple feeding (breast/pump/bottle) is no joke! I found it easier as we found our way to dedicate whole feeds to a bottle like your midwife has recommended as well

Hey guys!

Congratulations on your little one! Baby Celeste was very sleepy as a newborn, I used to find that stripping him down to his nappy and doing lots of skin to skin really helped.

Christmas allways makes me feel really emotional and rubbish so I try really hard to make it magical for the kids. I'm determined for them to feel the Christmas magic even if it makes me sad.

Christmas traditions for us include the local garden center who does amazing decorations, decorating the tree all together, baking gingerbread and decorating it, 5yo school does a Christmas fayre every year so we go that, walking to see Christmas lights in the dark together and Christmas films with hot choccys. I've got 5yo and baby elf about 10 Christmas outfits each this year 🤣 don't tell mr elf.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I may or may not have just spent £68 on matching pyjamas... 😏 (They're the M&S ones so figured I can just replace Baby C's each year and thus justified the horrific cost.)
Omg I did the same for the 4 of us. I haven’t even opened the parcels yet I just lashed them in my wardrobe before my fella seen 🤣

I’ve took mine every year, she’s a September baby so for the first year she obv didn’t have a clue but I’m a sucker for anything like that - I just love Christmas and the pics are cute 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve been working on some tarting up the truth today, helping my younger sister with some careers/cv stuff.
I’ve decided I’m rebranding my kid. I now have an “athletic son who’s a healthy eater”. Nipples still hurt the same as when I had a “feral son who loves doing parkour at the same time as drinking milk” though 🙃😑

Just been reading the last few pages, it all sounds so stressful @WhatABore thank you for keeping us posted and for those details about the other families 😢
How is your little one in herself, is she mostly asleep? Crossing my fingers massively that they can sort her out without needing the surgical option.
Needless personal anecdote as it’s about a 28yo man, but my cousin’s just got out of hospital after going in before Aug bank holiday - they were throwing everything at him to solve an issue before surgery, and once it was finally scheduled and he’d moved hospitals, his body finally responded to treatment and he was able to come home and finish recovering as an outpatient. So it does happen 💜

Yesterday was the first day she was awake all afternoon.
So she is perking up a bit.
Although she's apparently gained a bit of attitude 🙃😂
The other parents on the ward probably think I'm horrible but I don't respond to "Get my drink" "Put my cover on"
Not until you talk to me nicely mate 😂

She is capable of walking to and from the toilet now, but because i was carrying her before when she was sleeping pretty much 24/7, she's refusing to walk. Yesterday it was "My arm hurts." I said and? You can still walk? So she's like.."Well, my leg hurts"
😑 I said you'll just have to wet the bed then and have no choice but to get up and stand whilst we change the bed 🤷🏻‍♀️ Soon got her up 😂 I sound harsh. But I know what she is and isn't capable of 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We were supposed to be staying at my parents for 1 week while the messiest part of our building work at home was being done. Turns out it’s all bloody messy and we’re now on week 5 of being here 😬

I’m so grateful we’ve been able to stay because I don’t think I’d have coped with living with Baby G in a building site, but my GOD I can’t wait to go home. I feel like I haven’t relaxed properly since we got here and she’s had some terrible nights sleep so not only am I knackered but I feel on edge every time she wakes up (and wakes everyone else up) crying!

It’s looking like we should be able to go back next weekend now so I’m keeping everythingggg crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You lot are making me feel like a right Grinch (but I do actually love Christmas!), 3yo first Christmas she was 6 months old and I wasn't about to spend money on a Santa visit. Then Covid was still a big issue the next two years and now knowing her personality there is nothing she'd hate more then having to cuddle up to a total stranger and be the centre of attention so I don't think we'll be going this year either!

Tradition wise we don't have much, we just always go to a local tree plantation and choose our tree together and cut it down, we put Christmas records on the record player while we decorate it. We also do the usual things of gingerbread etc. We're starting a new tradition this year of going to the theatre (3yo, not baby!) so I'm excited about that one over the years.

But we also do Hanukkah so I can't do too many Christmas events plus Hanukkah or my head will explode!

Reactions: 4
Yesterday MrRose was off work so he collected baby at lunchtime from nursery instead of and I stayed in the office all afternoon to work from there instead. My boss asked at 3 if I wanted to wfh the rest of the day but I offered to stay in… am I the KW?!😂

Don’t know if it makes you feel better But I went back for 2 months post mat, having worked for 3.5 years but in quite a traumatic department so everyone was v close, had been in person then remote whilst pregnant didn’t get a thank you or goodbye from anyone and my manager forgot it was my last day 🙃 these places are better off without us!! Don’t spare them a moment of your thoughts given they couldn’t do the same, they’ve showed their colours imo.

Omg my baby always growls! Picked her up from nursery and they was like “oh she was good today, had a lovely day, although she does growl at us if she doesn’t get her own way…. 🤷🏼‍♀️😬🤣” SO glad it isn’t just mine lol
Not a Kw hhaha!! I said to my best friend who I work with that it will come 4:30, everyone will be leaving and ill just be sat there, taking my time until I go back to the mad House :ROFLMAO:o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hey guys!

my niece was the same, my sis in law had to make her chilly so would undress her to get her awake & milk into her x

Why are men incapable of cleaning up after themselves? He went out to training last night, I was asleep by the time he came home. Came down this morning there's pasta all over the side, dirty dishes he's not washed, cake wrappers all over the sofa and his drink left out on the floor. MY PET HATE

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Why are men incapable of cleaning up after themselves? He went out to training last night, I was asleep by the time he came home. Came down this morning there's pasta all over the side, dirty dishes he's not washed, cake wrappers all over the sofa and his drink left out on the floor. MY PET HATE
This is the story of my life and all I get is “I forgot” or “I was going to” drives me mad he’s a bloody pig 😤😤😤😤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.