New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was my last day of maternity leave today, I handed in my notice last month. Havnt had any goodbyes or thanks you from my manager or the company. I worked there for 4 years, I worked 5 days a week in person during the pandemic. Just feel a bit sad this is how it’s ended. Only message I’ve had is from another colleague telling me my maternity cover is being kept on as my replacement 🙃.
A positive today was bedtime only took 45 mins, mr dipdab managed to magically settle both crying babies 🙌🏼
I feel you!
When I left for mat leave I didn't even get a card🤣
Let my manager know the girls were delivered early could she let the ward know she told no one, then when I handed my notice in didn't even get a goodbye card.
I set up a kit on our ward where everyone put £1 a month in for occasions such as mat leave, leaving, illness etc they didn't even use it for me🤣🤣 wankers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I feel you!
When I left for mat leave I didn't even get a card🤣
Let my manager know the girls were delivered early could she let the ward know she told no one, then when I handed my notice in didn't even get a goodbye card.
I set up a kit on our ward where everyone put £1 a month in for occasions such as mat leave, leaving, illness etc they didn't even use it for me🤣🤣 wankers.
There were two friends of mine at different firms who went on mat leave at the same time and it made me so sad to see their pictures of cards and flowers and presents for colleagues, when not a single one of mine (other than my actual friends) gave even a good luck message

• Sad
Reactions: 4
There were two friends of mine at different firms who went on mat leave at the same time and it made me so sad to see their pictures of cards and flowers and presents for colleagues, when not a single one of mine (other than my actual friends) gave even a good luck message
Horrible isn't it, it doesn't take much!
Just shows in so many places you really are a number!

I’ve said it before, but when I left with number 3, I was given a bunch of flowers, chocolate (which I couldn’t eat) and sanitary knickers. I’d been there 4 years. Not long before me, someone else went on maternity and EVERYONE done a whip round for her. When I went on mat leave, apparently she went in with her baby and was in the office for hours, with everyone interested. I went in when he was a week old and was made to go downstairs, and people could only come see me who were on their lunch. She wasn’t even there as long as me 🫠 maybe a year, if that. I was the mum when I started, and was never in to going out with them getting pissed and shagging in the disabled toilets, while on coke. I guess you’re either part of the gang or not!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Guys your stories are making me sad 😔

Does anyone have any nice Christmas traditions they do or plan to do with baby? I would love to know! ❤🎄

Reactions: 1

Does anyone have any nice Christmas traditions they do or plan to do with baby? I would love to know! ❤🎄
So I’m gonna divide opinion right from the get go. We do elf on the shelf. And I absolutely love it 😂 sorry folks, I’m one of those. Pre-kid me would hate post-kid me

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m going to do a Christmas box to give to her one the 1st of the month. I know it’s supposed to be a Christmas Eve box but if I’m spending £20 on Christmas pjs I want her to get the moneys worth 😂

So I’m gonna divide opinion right from the get go. We do elf on the shelf. And I absolutely love it 😂 sorry folks, I’m one of those. Pre-kid me would hate post-kid me
I can’t wait to do elf on the shelf! Think Baby G is still too young at the moment but I can’t wait to set up all the little scenes 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Our elf likes to draw mustaches on the 9yo (then 7) & take sELFies with him🤣
He's ace

There is a street near ours and every house on the street goes OTT with decorations and raise money for the local children's hospice. We bundle up every year drive down, get a hot chocolate and walk around 3-4 times. We skipped last year as the twins were still so small but we're back this year

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Our elf likes to draw mustaches on the 9yo (then 7) & take sELFies with him🤣
He's ace
For like a quid you can buy elf on the shelf temporary tattoos. I reckon I could apply one without waking her up so she wakes up with tattoos one morning….

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For like a quid you can buy elf on the shelf temporary tattoos. I reckon I could apply one without waking her up so she wakes up with tattoos one morning….
Thanks for the idea🤣
We neglected the elf last year but this year he's coming back with a bang.
I never thought I'd enjoy it so much we argue over what he's going to do next🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Can’t speak for the others but whilst it was a bit sad I’d much rather know people are inconsiderate and thoughtless than waste time on them not knowing what they’re really like!

so this is our second Christmas and traditions so far: meeting up with my mum and travel to go to Christmas lights (last year Blenheim, this year Kew Gardens) and changing it up each year, visiting Santa with our friends with kids who are a little older and going for Christmas lunch together first, watching a different Christmas movie every Sunday afternoon and letting her pick a Christmas snack out of a Santa snack jar (admittedly last year she didn’t watch the films and I ate her snacks 😂), letting her pick a bauble from the shops each year, reading Christmas books at bedtime in December and will get her Christmas bedding from this year, making a gingerbread house together (again, last year she wasn’t a very willing participant, this year I fear will be bleeping chaos) and a Christmas themed photo to go on the front of cards for family!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just popping a TW as I was going to mention a couple of the things I've seen whilst in here with little kids making me realise how lucky I am!

I know my daughter is really poorly but being in hospital, and seeing other sick children has really put into perspective how lucky I am.

Two things that made me super emotional.

I was talking to a Mum today with a 19 month old little boy. He's spent the past 6 months going through chemo after the doctor kept telling her that there was nothing wrong and she was just being anxious! Even with all that, he's still laughing away at the slightest little thing!

Another little boy who was in the bay next to us, he's 3.
He sat talking to his Mum saying "M u m. That spells mum. You're Mum. That's you.
D a d spells Dad. Daddy is coming back.

His Mum turned to him and said" Well, no sweetie, Daddy is in heaven"
He said "Oh, Daddy isn't coming back"
And she just burst out crying.
And I sat behind the curtain crying my eyes out!
Really wanted to burst in and hug them!

All these amazing brave little kids! It amazes me how strong kids can be!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh we also visit the deer farm & their reindeer makes an appearance & we feed them🥰
Oh I love this! Defo finding a deer farm near me!!

Just popping a TW as I was going to mention a couple of the things I've seen whilst in here with little kids making me realise how lucky I am!

I know my daughter is really poorly but being in hospital, and seeing other sick children has really put into perspective how lucky I am.

Two things that made me super emotional.

I was talking to a Mum today with a 19 month old little boy. He's spent the past 6 months going through chemo after the doctor kept telling her that there was nothing wrong and she was just being anxious! Even with all that, he's still laughing away at the slightest little thing!

Another little boy who was in the bay next to us, he's 3.
He sat talking to his Mum saying "M u m. That spells mum. You're Mum. That's you.
D a d spells Dad. Daddy is coming back.

His Mum turned to him and said" Well, no sweetie, Daddy is in heaven"
He said "Oh, Daddy isn't coming back"
And she just burst out crying.
And I sat behind the curtain crying my eyes out!
Really wanted to burst in and hug them!

All these amazing brave little kids! It amazes me how strong kids can be!
That’s heart wrenching 😢 and says a lot about the person you are that even after all the shite you’ve had to put up with these last few weeks, you’ve still got this perspective

• Heart
Reactions: 8

All my Christmas traditions are out the window thanks to baby’s birthday 🫠 although we always make sure to visit Father Christmas a few days before

I done elf on the shelf for 2 years. That little bastard ruined the run up to Christmas. And I would always forget until the minute I closed my eyes and would have to move the bastard thing. Mr B wanted to do it last year (coz cooking up his 4th son wasn’t enough) but I put my foot down. Not sure where he is now. Hopefully in a better place 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I may or may not have just spent £68 on matching pyjamas... 😏 (They're the M&S ones so figured I can just replace Baby C's each year and thus justified the horrific cost.)

• Haha
Reactions: 3

we also do elf I started it when my eldest was like4 after being in the states and seeing it. Sometimes though when you get in bed and you just remember ‘forgot to move the bloody elf’ is quite errr…annoying 🥲. I love looking on Pinterest for ideas. We do lots of Christmassy days out and Christmas Eve box. I need to sort a new one this year so it’s got babys name on too and also I must order an elf my 6yo will be so sad if babys elf doesn’t come 🤣.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone take their little ones to visit Santa at Christmas? Baby Author will still be little at Christmas so not really aware of whats going on, and all the ones I’ve seen advertised seem pretty pricey, so is it something better saved for when they are a bit older?

Does anyone take their little ones to visit Santa at Christmas? Baby Author will still be little at Christmas so not really aware of whats going on, and all the ones I’ve seen advertised seem pretty pricey, so is it something better saved for when they are a bit older?
We took ours last year when she was 6 months. It was free for her and £2.50 each for us, and involved walking through a winter wonderland to get to Santa. She didn’t get a lot out of it but we went with friends with older kids and it was still magical, and we got my fav family photo (plus Santa lol) so was worth it. This year she’ll be 18 months and it’s £16 for her now but we’re going to go as it was just a lovely afternoon out!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.