New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've used it before, we've never made it with water and then added it into milk we've just popped it straight into milk so it's not overly diluted. We've also never followed the exact instructions, it's impossible 🙈
Our GP told us to do a a quarter or half but our neonatalogist gave us the green light to just use a full packet to clear impaction.
Okay great, I’ll just whack it straight into the milk then.

Hoping it kicks in soon, gal’s straining like her life depends on it 😰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It’s my birthday today - my exciting birthday plans? Trying to get laxatives into my poo-stuffed child. 🤘🏻

Anyone used Laxido before? It says to make up 1 sachet in 62.5ml of water and have her drink it. Except her prescription says half a sachet a day so I’m wasting half the solution 🙄

BUT can I make it up with water and just add that to her milk? Would it dilute her milk too much? Can I put it in hot water? Can it be more than 62.5ml of water (how do you even measure .5ml of water?!)??

Confused 😵💫
No laxative advice, ours you could just give in a syringe but happy birthday!!!!

Sorry @onlyheretoorbit happy birthday 🥳

Well the kray twins did not nap all day.
Unsure how I got them down for bed, but they're asleep🤞🏻
I swear if they wake up & treat this as a nap they are being shipped down south to their father! I'll send them by Royal Mail too so they're stuck in the strikes!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Making my way over from the pregnancy thread after the baby decided 35 week was enough & he wanted to make his entrance! Any tips, ways to get through/keep sane NICU would be absolutely amazing because I’m an absolute mess the second I leave him. Never felt guilt like it 🤦🏼‍♀️💔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Making my way over from the pregnancy thread after the baby decided 35 week was enough & he wanted to make his entrance! Any tips, ways to get through/keep sane NICU would be absolutely amazing because I’m an absolute mess the second I leave him. Never felt guilt like it 🤦🏼‍♀️💔
Hey, congratulations & welcome.
There were a few responses on the pregnancy thread unsure if you saw them. X

Happiest birthday mama @onlyheretoorbit !!!

Guys I don’t wanna be dramatic, but WE ARE MOVING HOUSE TOMORROW 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 finally!
But sadly as it’s all come together so last minute we can’t get our internet connected until 7th Nov (can send spaceships to mars, but can’t connect internet on earth in less than 2 weeks…) thus my appearance here shall be sporadic at best this next while. I feel so dramatic and a bit of a dick saying that like it’s a big deal, but just so you don’t think I died under a pile of boxes or anything! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Guys I don’t wanna be dramatic, but WE ARE MOVING HOUSE TOMORROW 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 finally!
But sadly as it’s all come together so last minute we can’t get our internet connected until 7th Nov (can send spaceships to mars, but can’t connect internet on earth in less than 2 weeks…) thus my appearance here shall be sporadic at best this next while. I feel so dramatic and a bit of a dick saying that like it’s a big deal, but just so you don’t think I died under a pile of boxes or anything! 🤣
I know I keep joking that you should be PM… but is this why you’re moving?! Are you actually Rishi and moving into #10?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Good Luck!!!!!
You better come back with some good moving stories!😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Congratulations ❤ Sorry I don’t have any advice as haven’t been in your situation b it sending hugs.

Happy moving eve, hope it all goes well. Don’t forget to poke air holes in the box you’re packing the kids in.

Just kidding Snoop!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Newcastle is a fantastic hospital, I hope you don’t have to travel further afield but just wanted to give you some comfort that if you did, hopefully you’d both be in excellent hands. My mum worked her whole career there as a childrens nurse and a close family friend still does and their childrens units are wonderful ❤
I live just outside Newcastle & I can confirm the hospital is epic! We have anoth half an hour away in Northumberland and it’s also brilliant.
I hope she gets well soon. Biggest hugs xx

We have a bed! In Cambridge 🙌🏻🙌🏻
Now just waiting for transport to turn up!
I feel like this thread was due some good news vibes - this is amazing news. Keeping fingers crossed that the transfer/transport goes smoothly for you!

And good luck with the move tomorrow @Definitelyme! Yay for more good news!

And on top of that, happy birthday @onlyheretoorbit. I hope you’ve had a nice day that hasn‘t only been 💩 orientated!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s my birthday today - my exciting birthday plans? Trying to get laxatives into my poo-stuffed child. 🤘🏻

Anyone used Laxido before? It says to make up 1 sachet in 62.5ml of water and have her drink it. Except her prescription says half a sachet a day so I’m wasting half the solution 🙄

BUT can I make it up with water and just add that to her milk? Would it dilute her milk too much? Can I put it in hot water? Can it be more than 62.5ml of water (how do you even measure .5ml of water?!)??

Confused 😵💫
Happy birthday 🎉🎂🎁

Happy birthday @onlyheretoorbit ❤❤

Great news for you both @Definitelyme and @WhatABore!!

@shadowofdoubt welcome to the thread 🥰 there’s a few of us here who’ve been through NICU and always happy to chat or answer any questions xxx

(Really struggling to keep up atm…. Think the 4 month sleep regression has come to us slightly delayed and we are also battling Baby Rita’s first cold 😢😢😢)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is brilliant news! ❤

Is it far from where you are now?
My geography is utter crap!
As a Geography teacher, I am disgusted 🤣

Congratulations ❤ Sorry I don’t have any advice as haven’t been in your situation b it sending hugs.

Happy moving eve, hope it all goes well. Don’t forget to poke air holes in the box you’re packing the kids in.

Just kidding Snoop!
Shiiittt…. Better find a pointy pencil to do just that. Be a long night for them without air! 😏😏😏

We have a bed! In Cambridge 🙌🏻🙌🏻
Now just waiting for transport to turn up!
Thank duck for that! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.