New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby saw every hour last night 😔 we eventually gave in and stuck the dancing vegetables on at 4am. It was worse than having a newborn. He didn’t want cuddles, was so hot to touch. I honestly do not know how all you mamas with babes that wake every night. I’m exhausted from 1 night. At 1 point we had him and 3yo in bed with us 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Baby B was up from 11 till 1, screaming crying nothing would get him back to sleep not rocking or feeding. We ended up taking his helmet off and he slept 4 and a half hours. I don’t know how to make nights easier but he has this horrible whinge that makes me want to cry 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
There must have been something in the air last night. Terrible nights all round it seems 😰 hope tonight is better

Reactions: 3
Has anyone else struggled with going back to work after mat leave?

I’m on week 3 of being back and I’m hating it. The area I work in has changed loads since I went off and I feel so out of my depth, I don’t understand a lot of what’s being spoken about in meetings and I’m struggling to get my head around how things are being done now. I’ve been proactive and reached out to people to show me, but it still feels alien to me.

I’d love to look for a new job completely but I don’t want to/can’t afford to pay back the enhanced mat leave pay, plus we’re thinking about trying for baby no.2 in the new year so if I go somewhere new I’ll have to put that on hold to qualify for mat pay.

On top of the actual job stuff I’m just finding juggling work and baby so difficult. I feel like im spending every waking moment rushing around - I got home last night and didn’t even get a second to take my jacket off before the baby needed help with her dinner.

Is this just mum life now? I wasn’t too worried about going back but now it’s happened I’m really hating it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I’m on week 3 of being back and I’m hating it. The area I work in has changed loads since I went off and I feel so out of my depth, I don’t understand a lot of what’s being spoken about in meetings and I’m struggling to get my head around how things are being done now. I’ve been proactive and reached out to people to show me, but it still feels alien to me.

I’d love to look for a new job completely but I don’t want to/can’t afford to pay back the enhanced mat leave pay, plus we’re thinking about trying for baby no.2 in the new year so if I go somewhere new I’ll have to put that on hold to qualify for mat pay.

On top of the actual job stuff I’m just finding juggling work and baby so difficult. I feel like im spending every waking moment rushing around - I got home last night and didn’t even get a second to take my jacket off before the baby needed help with her dinner.

Is this just mum life now? I wasn’t too worried about going back but now it’s happened I’m really hating it.
The only advice I can give is that you have to find a way to make your commute your ‘me time’. I drive 25 mins to work, and I save podcasts that I like to listen to. Or else I put on the spice girls and sing along like a loon. The commute has to feel like me time or else I’m not ready to quickly take on the responsibility of being a mum the second I come through the door.

• Heart
Guys, I changed my piccy after 2 years as a masked pumpkin, DONT SHOOT, but look in the background, plz how bleeping apt 😭 :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Yup! All of this. I also feel like because I am part time (still doing a full time job though!) I'm excluded and second class a bit.

I'm the same with toddler gravy, in the door and I don't get a second. Me and my partner work opposite shifts so we don't need to pay for childcare so it's just constant thrown in the deep end.

What I will say though it is does get ever so slightly easier when you get yourself into more of a routine, but honestly not much.

Sorry no help but you're not alone

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I can’t speak to your specific situation but I did find it took a bit to get into a rhythm of work/parent life so don’t be too hard in yourself. I started a new job after my first and pretty sure I was running on adrenalin. I meal prepped a whole bunch of food which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but meant baby was at least eating well and we could just grab something from freezer. But yes as soon as I got home at 6pm it was bath then bed at 7. Then we do our own dinner from there

Reactions: 2
We only do it when the clocks go back. At night we alter it by half an hour. So when the clocks are going back, we'll put them to bed half an hour later than normal.
Second night, nothing. Back to normal.
And just normal times when the clocks go forwards.
Thank you so much for replying even though you have so much more important stuff to worry about at the min. How’s your little girl today? X

I’ve been back about 8 weeks now, in a new borough, new school and less responsibility.
I know nothing atm. It’s frustrating as I’ve been teaching 15 years and I’m asking ridiculous questions such as ‘X parent wants an extra book what do I do?’ and I have no friends here. But in all honesty? I don’t care. I’m doing the best I can. I’ll learn it all in time. I always have dinner ready the night before for baby Waka so I can just heat up her dinner and we sort ourselves out once she’s calm/in bed. she may have to have one of the Tesco baby ready meals or pasta and a picollo sauce but I don’t beat myself up about it. I do all nursery drop offs/collections & wash her FIVE changes of clothes from nursery and repack clean all by myself, every day. It’s tricky but it does get easier.
Obviously if you feel like it’s not sustainable tot up your finances and see what is realistic for you in terms of income/childcare costs. I take home £500 after nursery feed so at one point was thinking about an evening job that would pay me the same if I took her out of nursery. It’s a lot & there’s so much to consider x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Looking like baby’s going to have to be tube fed she’s still refusing her bottles 😔. I’ve never been in this situation before with my other two thankfully…it’s truly awful. How bad is it really? Does anyone know? The drs are just saying baby’s react much better than older children.

• Heart
Looking like baby’s going to have to be tube fed she’s still refusing her bottles 😔. I’ve never been in this situation before with my other two thankfully…it’s truly awful. How bad is it really? Does anyone know? The drs are just saying baby’s react much better than older children.
Tube feeding isn't nice. But it's the quickest and easiest way to get food into her whilst she feels so rotten. It'll give her some energy to hopefully fight the bronchitis & start taking her feeds orally again x

• Heart
I’ve been back about 8 weeks now, in a new borough, new school and less responsibility.
I know nothing atm. It’s frustrating as I’ve been teaching 15 years and I’m asking ridiculous questions such as ‘X parent wants an extra book what do I do?’ and I have no friends here. But in all honesty? I don’t care. I’m doing the best I can. I’ll learn it all in time. I always have dinner ready the night before for baby Waka so I can just heat up her dinner and we sort ourselves out once she’s calm/in bed. she may have to have one of the Tesco baby ready meals or pasta and a picollo sauce but I don’t beat myself up about it. I do all nursery drop offs/collections & wash her FIVE changes of clothes from nursery and repack clean all by myself, every day. It’s tricky but it does get easier.
Obviously if you feel like it’s not sustainable tot up your finances and see what is realistic for you in terms of income/childcare costs. I take home £500 after nursery feed so at one point was thinking about an evening job that would pay me the same if I took her out of nursery. It’s a lot & there’s so much to consider x
Thank you, I needed to hear this - I really am doing as much as I can! And I suppose it is early days, I just also hate feeling like I don’t know what I’m doing when I’ve been in the job for so long. What doesn’t help is that management has changed since I went off and our new head of department is known for being an absolute tyrant. So I’m anxious about looking like I don’t know what I’m doing in front of her, or not catching up quick enough.

I’m in the process of dropping two days a month to help with our childcare situation. I wish I could afford to go part time properly or give up work altogether but we just can’t afford it.

Thank you so much for replying even though you have so much more important stuff to worry about at the min. How’s your little girl today? X
She's alright.. Not much of an improvement unfortunately.

We've just been offered a bed at Leciester Royal Infirmary though.
Just got to wait to be transferred now!
So hopefully they can drain what needs to be drained and we can start getting better.

It's my birthday a week on Thursday, we'll still be in at this rate 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
@cupcake_face I don’t do anything to manage clock changes. We just go about our day as normal. If they are up earlier then maybe bring their nap forward half an hour if needed, but keep bedtime at 7pm. If they are up later (I can’t remember which change does what!) then we just have a really active day and still put them to bed at 7pm. We’ve never had any issues x

Reactions: 1
Hello
My children won't nap. They're doing that really annoying whinge. It's slowly driving me insane.
Will they even nap today? It's not looking hopeful. They both want rocking to sleep now they're over tired and I don't have enough arms.
The jealousy and separation anxiety they have if I'm holding their sibling and not them is next level🤯
I've not drank in a very long time, but it seems appealing.
Lord, send me strength

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's alright.. Not much of an improvement unfortunately.

We've just been offered a bed at Leciester Royal Infirmary though.
Just got to wait to be transferred now!
So hopefully they can drain what needs to be drained and we can start getting better.

It's my birthday a week on Thursday, we'll still be in at this rate 😂
Ahh that’s where I gave birth (since moved cities though otherwise I’d pop by and get you a coffee! 🤣) and they were so lovely if that helps! That’s a bit far for you though isn’t it! How’s Mr Bore getting on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.