New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s totally normal at the age of 32 to be shitting yourself that a serial killer will get you during the night when your husband is working away right? Asking for myself 😳
Yep. 32 here and always afraid one has snuck in and hid under the sofa while I’m making a drink. The gap under our sofa is about 3 inches so apparently he’s Flat Stanley..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m soooo fed up of seeing unrealistic weaning pages on insta! my feed seems to be full of sponsored accounts with mums that claim their 6 month old kid eats an entire butternut squash that they can even carve themselves with their little plastic forks on their #gifted plates. And they stay up to midnight making homemade gluten free, sugar free, vegan, flavourless muffins for a healthy snack 😫
I know these pages are bullshit but it’s making me feel so guilty that the babies get variants of the same breakfast (porridge and fruit) everyday.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I can't believe Elanna is 6 and a half months old already. Little bugger has the commando crawl down to a T and its so fast. I think I blink and she is across the room. And we may have lost our sanity pure and simple, but she's going to be a big sister. Going to be about 15 months between them so if anyone has 2 close in age, please share you tips!
Congratulations! When are you due? I recently found out I'm expecting number 2 also, there be a 20 month age gap though. I'm due in May x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s totally normal at the age of 32 to be shitting yourself that a serial killer will get you during the night when your husband is working away right? Asking for myself 😳
I can’t now stand by my back doors when dark because of this thread. And I ALWAYS leave the cat litter outside the door, and forget about it until it’s pitch black. And we have a small gate and tit fence that anyone could climb over and get me
Although, I do need a break, so maybe I’ll wait at the gate with open arms?

Baby fell off the bed today. Absolutely gutted and so pissed off at myself because I lent over to take my phone off charge. He screamed and was inconsolable 💔 once he had some calpol and milk, he was fine, but guess who won’t be sleeping tonight for worry 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He's been working nights for the past 5 years.
5 nights a week minimum
And I still panic at the slightest sound.
I have to make sure I'm asleep before he leaves so I can easily fall back to sleep after.
Then I just panic when I get up to pee and I'm listening out for the slightest sound!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m soooo fed up of seeing unrealistic weaning pages on insta! my feed seems to be full of sponsored accounts with mums that claim their 6 month old kid eats an entire butternut squash that they can even carve themselves with their little plastic forks on their #gifted plates. And they stay up to midnight making homemade gluten free, sugar free, vegan, flavourless muffins for a healthy snack 😫
I know these pages are bullshit but it’s making me feel so guilty that the babies get variants of the same breakfast (porridge and fruit) everyday.
It’s hard even when you know it’s not accurate ay. For me I get sick of seeing all the suggested posts about perfect baby routines. I have no routine, I bath my baby when I have the energy, he’s lucky if I remember to moisterize him 😂 and the rest of the time I just hope for the best that he somewhat naps and gets stimulation from watching his crazy brother

• Heart
Yep! Although my husband has gifted me my MIL staying tonight (without checking first). So I’ve come home to a poorly little girl then had to entertain once she was in bed (and inbetween wake ups) 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 8
For me, its more so the amount they claim they eat.
Made it so much more stressful when Everleigh was rejecting everything!

I have no imagination when it comes to meals for them.
Breakfast lunch and dinner are the same meals repeated all the time.
Breakfast.. Toast or cereal.
Lunch.. Fruit, sandwich (although Everleigh refuses) some cheese but of cucumber.
Lunch is the worst. I do the same every single day 😂 I have zero clue for lunches. Especially when all my kids have rejected sandwiches until they're at least 4. Even now the 4yo will only eat just butter or jam.
Dinner is usually freezer stash and vegetables 🤷🏻‍♀️

I see these meals and it actually feels overwhelming to think about!

My Insta feed is all weaning photos on those blasted bamboo animal plates. They’ve got no originality they even have to all get the same bleeping plate. Plus if you swipe, their kids have always eaten about 5% 🤣 So I wouldn’t let it worry you. Hate that about Insta, once you’ve looked at something once that’s all they bloody show you.

I think it depends on who the mum is and what she is doing on instagram. For example, a mum like many of us, a normal mum, who maybe works, is doing the vast majority of childcare all day, it’s impossible to make an instaworthy meal daily. Whereas I know at least one person I follow the food is her job - she has gotten a cookbook deal out of her instagram so those meals are her work. (To be fair she also seems to love cooking, which is where I fall down!).

Reactions: 2
I survived my first day and baby o had a good day at nursery 🥰 KW is off work so we picked her up together and she was so happy to us. She even had 2 decent naps so she must be settling.

Random Q but where can I can get half decent jeans for a wobbly mum bod? Normally I just buy cheapo ones from boohoo but apparently when it comes to anything over a size 12 they’ve just lost the plot, they’re so badly fitting 😭
that’s amazing!

I just bought the Levi’s high waisted mum jeans last week and love them so much. Baby Bluebird threw up on them yesterday and I was devastated they had to go in the wash. I actually bought a second pair after a few hours of wearing them but in one size smaller and they should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully they also fit nicely. Can’t recommend enough.

I’ve been on a horror audiobook binge the past 6 weeks and I’m scaring myself most evenings but I can’t break the horror book trend 🤣🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It’s the ones who live in the dark causing me to run up the stairs at night so that they don’t grab my ankles which get me every time 😳

Reactions: 1
The fact I’m voting in the 4 months + category now makes me feel SICK and I hate it 😭😭😭😭😭😭 I miss my little tiny newborn

• Heart
  • Sad
I don’t get scared of serial killers but I am terrified of aliens getting in my home 😱 not going to lie I’d pee my pants!😂

I seen that bloody film Signs years ago and it terrified me hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I got some decent mom jeans from Next a few weeks ago, I just happened to see them walking through to the attached Costa and they were doing me well. Just got a new pair last week as the originals had a laundry mishap.
(I’m a 16 with a pot belly and whopping dangly boobs #cute so if I say I like jeans I must mean it haha).

Well done return to work lasses 💪🏽 glad to hear it went well, long may it continue!

Weaning has never looked cute here. If we give him a pudding it’s healthy and samey usually, esp with his restrictions, but tonight we randomly let him have a lil dairy free chocolate pudding and he lost his lil mind 🥺

Reactions: 4
I don’t get scared of serial killers but I am terrified of aliens getting in my home 😱 not going to lie I’d pee my pants!😂

I seen that bloody film Signs years ago and it terrified me hahaha
I'm with you on this 😂
It's even funnier that I have an alien tattoo and I always joke with my sister that it's my 'get out of jail free card' incase I'm ever abducted 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.