New baby and post birth advice #33 A tidal wave of vomit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck to all of the mamas returning to work today! Just think of alllll of the hot drinks you’ll be able to enjoy and also the loveliest smiles that you will get from your little ones when you’re reunited tonight! ❤

I’m feeling far too emotional about the fact I’ve just ticked the 7-9 month option 😥😥
I thought this when I started back at work but alas no, I return and Tommy looks at me like

Should have known really 😩 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I missed the snoop dog thing, can someone give me the tl;dr?
I hope this works?! Basically I’m a knobwaffle because I was due on a works night out but couldn’t go because every time I ask if someone can have the kids, it’s a no. Straight away, every time
My mum still isn’t talking to me because I pulled her up on it

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congrats @karylarina ! How are you feeling, iirc you felt quite sick with your last pregnacy and were grateful of having to be masked up at work.

And I hope mama runner is doing well out there at swerving the bug. Sounds like an absolutely horrible few days, and with the KW determined to add to the woes for some reason.

After me having a mope about dropping breastfeeds last week, we're back onto them as he's dropped a solids feed now instead 😬 as he seems to have dropped a nap and is having one epic one at lunch instead of a morning catnap then a decent hour+ in the afternoon. So he keeps sleeping through lunch - and isn't hungry when I offer him food earlier. And wakes up too late for it to not spoil his tea.

I hope this works?! Basically I’m a knobwaffle because I was due on a works night out but couldn’t go because every time I ask if someone can have the kids, it’s a no. Straight away, every time
My mum still isn’t talking to me because I pulled her up on it

Plot twist, maybe Snoop is your mum? 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know it's not baby related, but my dad is doing so bad 😔
He's very confused, very weak, has a lot of pain. Honestly, it's horrible to see.
He's also being a bit of a KW to my mom, who has done/is doing everything she can to keep him comfortable at home. I guess lots of it is the morfine talking. And he's always been anxiety/stress/paranoia prone...
We're afraid he might develop (has developed?) metastasis in his brain.
This will sound horrific, but I kinda hope this doesn't go on for much longer...
😭💔

Kitten is starting to feel better though. Less puking, so we'll introduce fruit again 🤞
Went to see a pediatrician this morning and she said Kitten was ok, but probably had a viral stomach bug, but it's almost over.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh wow congratulations! I have no advice as mine are nearly 3 years apart so quite different!

Also the fast commando crawling is such hard work, I've had to put the travel cot downstairs as a playpen for if I need to leave him for a minute. He has also learned to get to sitting independently but then easily falls and hurts himself so if I leave the room he's guaranteed to crawl to the most dangerous spot, sit up and then fall 🙃🤕
Thanks!

I think the commando crawl is going to be the death of me - our downstairs is open plan but technical level 1 so we have stairs that go down a level....and the genius who built/renovated this house put glass every where. I've contemplated moving house over the last few days or buying a giant play pen and labelling it baby jail.
Congratulations @Kaylarina !!! ❤
Thank you!

Oh this is lovely, huge congrats 💕💕💕

We have a 19 month age gap so semi similar, it’s chaotic at first but now they’re absolutely inseparable and I know it’s cliche but watching their bond grow is just the best and most heart warming thing ever. I was actually just thinking to myself this morning how brilliant it is that we were able to give my eldest a sibling with a smaller age gap because it teaches them so much that you don’t even realise.

My biggest tips are go easy on yourself and your expectations of your household, not everything can and needs to be cleaned every minute of every day and if it needs to be left then leave it so you can rest while you get a second and also not everything will go to plan - accept, take a deep breath and try again later, you do find you roll with the punches a lot more. Get a really decent double buggy that can go literally everywhere on all terrains to take the anxiety out of taking 2 out of the house (the out and about v4 double has been my absolute godsend) oh and….always do your big shop online for delivery 😅 xx
Thank you :)

The bond is what I am absolutely dreaming about - especially as my hubbys family is in the US and I'm not particularly close to mine. We want them to have each other.

I'm a slight (my husband would laugh at the slight) control freak. I'm think I've got better since having E but going easy on myself is definitely something I'm going to have to get better at. I'll start looking at the double buggy now - we are in Central London and I tend to avoid driving if at all possible so its going to be essential.
Congratulations 🥳🥳
I have no tips! But they will have the best bond! And Bugaboo donkey is your best friend can be a double and single for whenever you need it😂
Thank you! 😊

Congratulations ❤ How lovely they’ll be so close! Not sure how it works with diff ages but for twins keeping them on the same schedule keeps me sane. Organisation is key! If you’re looking for a tandem pram I can recommend the cybex gazelle
Thanks :) The control freak in me loves a bit of organisation! :LOL: I'll take a look at that pram too!
@Kaylarina congratulations! Lovely news ❤
Congrats @karylarina ! How are you feeling, iirc you felt quite sick with your last pregnacy and were grateful of having to be masked up at work.
Thanks. I was - good memory! So far it hasn't been too bad. Just a bit nauseous in the morning but after last time I'll take that!

Reactions: 4
There was mentioned a while ago a balm for babies faces in cold weather but I cant find it anywhere, does anyone know what it was called?

Babyelf is getting a red chapped face from doing the school run 😅

Not me naked and dripping water over Baby Bluebird’s crib going “sort yourself out kid, I need to 2 minutes to finish my shower” and her going back to sleep for 3.5 hours.
Honestly.

• Haha
The OH has just nonchalantly said ‘oh I forgot to tell you, the baby almost rolled off the sofa a few weeks ago his head was off the edge but I caught him just in time and went back to the tv’ sorry mate what? Knobwaffle.
oh dear, this was me at the weekend, except I didn’t catch baby author just in time… 😳

I can't believe Elanna is 6 and a half months old already. Little bugger has the commando crawl down to a T and its so fast. I think I blink and she is across the room. And we may have lost our sanity pure and simple, but she's going to be a big sister. Going to be about 15 months between them so if anyone has 2 close in age, please share you tips!
Wow- congrats! Lovely news. I remember you on the pregnancy thread so sending lots of energetic and non-sickness first trimester vibes your way!

In other news, I feel like I have just viewed a crime scene. Weaning poo EVERYWHERE which arrived mid change. Baby author is currently enjoying splashing his feet around in it whilst I get the bath ready and figure out where/how to start the cleaning operation

• Haha
I survived my first day and baby o had a good day at nursery 🥰 KW is off work so we picked her up together and she was so happy to us. She even had 2 decent naps so she must be settling.

Random Q but where can I can get half decent jeans for a wobbly mum bod? Normally I just buy cheapo ones from boohoo but apparently when it comes to anything over a size 12 they’ve just lost the plot, they’re so badly fitting 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Im sure we’ve all been there, but to not even tell you at the time! Imagine if you’d have left him on the sofa/bed and he rolled off! I’m sure most of us have been there!
It doesn’t surprise me he thought it was a laugh cause baby didn’t hit the deck 🫠
More and more I think we need this helmet not to round his head out but for protection from us both 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I survived my first day and baby o had a good day at nursery 🥰 KW is off work so we picked her up together and she was so happy to us. She even had 2 decent naps so she must be settling.

Random Q but where can I can get half decent jeans for a wobbly mum bod? Normally I just buy cheapo ones from boohoo but apparently when it comes to anything over a size 12 they’ve just lost the plot, they’re so badly fitting 😭
I was going to suggest boohoo as that's where I get all mine 😂
I get so annoyed at how hard it is to find jeans without ripped bits in them though 😂

I've had a few from asos too. They've been alright 😊

Reactions: 1

I buy Next high waist jeggings, or skinny jeans. The high waist holds me in nicely 👌🏻 So glad it went well for you all today 🥰

First day back done! Luckily I didn’t have much actual work to do, was finished by 4 and Baby G had a lovely day. Apparently she hasn’t stopped all day and putting her to bed now she seems exhausted so hopefully this will be the start of her going to bed without such a fight 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Topshop & River Island has never served me wrong.
Infact, I'm sat in a pair of Topshop jeans I bought just after I had the eldest. I'd never bought from topshop before him as I thought it was outrageously expensive, I've definitely got my monies worth out of this pair 😂

Reactions: 3
It’s totally normal at the age of 32 to be shitting yourself that a serial killer will get you during the night when your husband is working away right? Asking for myself 😳

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s totally normal at the age of 32 to be shitting yourself that a serial killer will get you during the night when your husband is working away right? Asking for myself 😳
100%.
I’m with you, I know the killers are waiting for me to let my guard down

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.