New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has taken me 90 minutes to settle baby to sleep - she wasn’t crying but just smiled at me every time we made eye contact 🥺 She’s now asleep on me on the sofa and we need to move upstairs to our room. The fear is real 🤣🤣
Good luck! I gave up putting her down today. She’s pretty okay in the night with a swaddle … not sure how to get her to sleep in basket during the day without a swaddle, I can’t have her swaddled all day!? Am I missing something 😂

Reactions: 1
Has taken me 90 minutes to settle baby to sleep - she wasn’t crying but just smiled at me every time we made eye contact 🥺 She’s now asleep on me on the sofa and we need to move upstairs to our room. The fear is real 🤣🤣
God speed!

I had one very over tired baby this evening. He was almost asleep a few times round dinner, but kept getting woken by his siblings 🙄 so by bedtime it was not good, he was going crazy (not crying, just a lot of thrashing about) he finally settled though thank goodness. Sleep has been very broken the last few nights so I’m hoping for better tonight 🤞🏻

Reactions: 3
Everleigh is apparently going through a stage where as soon as she opens her eyes, she cries 😑
So constantly at night. Or even after a nap. Cries instantly.
At least before she'd lay there blowing bubbles to herself but at the moment, it's an instant cry and I have to rush to get her up before she wakes the kids up 😂

Which includes when my bed creaks every movement I make. Which wakes her up because she's such a light sleeper 😑

Update... She's been awake for an hour. Tossing and turning.
So I go down and make a bottle.
Come back up?
She's gone to sleep 😑
Fml.

• Heart
Everleigh is apparently going through a stage where as soon as she opens her eyes, she cries 😑
So constantly at night. Or even after a nap. Cries instantly.
At least before she'd lay there blowing bubbles to herself but at the moment, it's an instant cry and I have to rush to get her up before she wakes the kids up 😂

Which includes when my bed creaks every movement I make. Which wakes her up because she's such a light sleeper 😑

Update... She's been awake for an hour. Tossing and turning.
So I go down and make a bottle.
Come back up?
She's gone to sleep 😑
Fml.
Omg when the formula is wasted……….. 😤

Reactions: 2
Anyone else in the no sleep club want to keep me company tonight?!

Baby b has been SOOO grumpy all day today 😑 until now she’s managed a decent 2 - 2.5 hour sleep in the evenings her next to me (and she’ll literally sleep forever on one of us during the day 😑) but tonight she managed 45 mins and now refuses to let me put her down. Also our bedroom is freezing because my husband removed the radiator TWO months ago and hasn’t replaced it. He’s also away for work tomorrow, sleeping in the spare room and currently my least favourite person in this house 😂 send help!

Reactions: 5
Is it okay I’m annoyed she never really took to breastfeeding and now I’m stuck buying formula!? Pumping didn’t work either 😆
Totally get this! I’m envious of women that don’t have to prep bottles before they go out and spend their evening sterilising 😂

Totally get this! I’m envious of women that don’t have to prep bottles before they go out and spend their evening sterilising 😂
If it makes you feel any better I’m going out for a day in 3 weeks (without baby) and will have spent a month pumping and making sure she’ll take a bottle if she’s having a meltdown (usually uses the boob) without getting her too reliant on it that she stops taking boob, so it comes with its own little faffs and quirks,. Must say thought I have so much respect for all the sterilising and cleaning you must do! Especially if baby then decides they’re not hungry 🙄

Also, update: got baby into her bed, still asleep, although she then woke up every 90 minutes for a feed which she hasn’t done since about week 2 🙃🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 4
If it makes you feel better, I go through stages of being envious of anyone who can’t physically feed my child…that would be anyone but me then 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
If it makes you feel better, I go through stages of being envious of anyone who can’t physically feed my child…that would be anyone but me then 😄
Sometimes I stare and my partner and just wish he had boobs 🤣

Good luck! I gave up putting her down today. She’s pretty okay in the night with a swaddle … not sure how to get her to sleep in basket during the day without a swaddle, I can’t have her swaddled all day!? Am I missing something 😂
I let her nap on me, in the sling, in the car seat and for some reason she naps well on her front so I do that too. I think they say to swaddle them before every nap but I never got on doing it during the day 🤷🏼‍♀️

Got my first ever experience of soft play today. Baby is 8 weeks so probably won’t participate much 😊 but I have crazy toddler nephews.

Just the thought of all the germs makes me feel icky!!

Finn slept 10:30-3:30 then 4:20-8:20. Wow! I think it was much needed after not sleeping AT ALL yesterday day time and literally screaming all evening til he finally passed out at 10:30. Peaks and troughs haha

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think I've managed a grand total of 10 hours sleep in the past week😂.
Twin 2 had been a nightmare with wind was taking us over an hour to settle her. She's now settling absolutely grand and twin 1 has decided she wants to be awkward 😂 Add in the fact the iron supplements they have to have daily makes them vomit and they've both got the world's worst diarrhoea, the words explosive nappy doesn't even begin to cover it 😂. I'm putting the lottery on this weekend this mama needs a night nanny 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Twin 2 had been a nightmare with wind was taking us over an hour to settle her. She's now settling absolutely grand and twin 1 has decided she wants to be awkward 😂 Add in the fact the iron supplements they have to have daily makes them vomit and they've both got the world's worst diarrhoea, the words explosive nappy doesn't even begin to cover it 😂. I'm putting the lottery on this weekend this mama needs a night nanny 😂
Ahh bless you, it sounds a lot!!! how are you getting on with your supply in the end? Not sure if I missed an update

Reactions: 1
Aw I really feel for you - my siblings are twins and they used to have sleep rotas as babies where they wouldn’t sleep at the same time as each other. It didn’t last that long though if I remember correctly (we have a big age gap so I remember it very clearly!) and my parents are adamant that two of them were easier than one of me! They grew up thick as thieves as well, so I’m quite jealous of you having twins! I have such vivid memories of them giggling away as babies and toddlers at each other - you could hear them chuckling in sync while they were in their cots from downstairs 🤣 Hope you’re managing to get some rest in at some point and you’re enjoying all the snugs now they’re home!!

Just a wee moan from me…

Baby is a car crier. 3 out of 4 of my babies have been, and it makes life just that little bit more difficult than it should be. My parents kindly take my toddler on a Wednesday so I have all day free until the school run. But getting out to do errands is pretty much impossible as he screams the whole time in the car. Or if I go at nap time that’s fine, but if it’s only a 20 min car journey then he only sleeps for that 20mins, then he’s exhausted, and then 20 mins of screaming on the way home 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 I dunno what part of my kids is broken to make them cry in the car and not enjoy it like other babies 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just a wee moan from me…

Baby is a car crier. 3 out of 4 of my babies have been, and it makes life just that little bit more difficult than it should be. My parents kindly take my toddler on a Wednesday so I have all day free until the school run. But getting out to do errands is pretty much impossible as he screams the whole time in the car. Or if I go at nap time that’s fine, but if it’s only a 20 min car journey then he only sleeps for that 20mins, then he’s exhausted, and then 20 mins of screaming on the way home 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻 I dunno what part of my kids is broken to make them cry in the car and not enjoy it like other babies 🤣
I’m sorry I can’t help! But my daughter is a car crier as well so you’re not alone! She used to love it but now she fusses on a lot of journeys. I’d love to be able to go on a drive to get her to sleep sometimes 😂

• Heart
Just a wee moan from me…

Fellow car crier here (baby not me 🤣) 🙋🏼‍♀️ sometimes she naps, mostly she screams, great times 🙄

• Heart
Just a wee moan from me…

Fellow criers here too (maybe me included 😅)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.