New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I didn’t know that, I’ll give her a call tomorrow and see what she says. It was Bolognese so yes tomato based, except around his mouth wasn’t rashy but his chest got a rash again 🤷🏻‍♀️ My gp sent me a document about egg allergies which is 15 pages long... really helpful 😂
I don't know if this is a silly question.. But presuming he had pasta with it too? Did it contain egg?
I know dried pasta ect rarely does but I have come across a couple that have egg in it.

Reactions: 2
Thank you! I did order some on Saturday but they're not being delivered now until tomorrow 🙄. I've spent the weekend power pumping, massaging. Eating more oats than i care to remember 😂. I'm hoping the GP will help when he calls back as we can't use off the shelf formula atm due to their weights & prematurity so I'm hoping for the prescribed tablets and some formula to combi feed for now, which tbh combi feeding was always the plan as there's two of them it's beyond draining
I’ve been out all day and tried to find your posts but can’t really see… how did call with GP go?

I’ve been out all day and tried to find your posts but can’t really see… how did call with GP go?
Not great 😂 Ended up being a nightmare. He didn't really have a clue bless him, he ended up having to call NICU and find out what we needed, and then prescribed the wrong formula. When it was finally prescribed we couldn't get any, anywhere as it isn't stocked in pharmacy's so needs ordering, thankfully we called NICU and explained and it transpired we were supposed to be given a tub of the formula on discharge for these exact reasons incase supply dropped off. So we now have formula as a back up whilst I work on my supply. I asked the GP if he could prescribe me domperidone, which was met with a firm no because he'd not prescribed it in years so wasn't sure if he could still prescribe it (despite the fact he would of had a copy of the BNF next to him😅). I've found now im not stressing about my supply as we can supplement with formula my supply has increased slightly by around 10ml which is a start. I was just overly panicked I'd end up with two starving babies 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not great 😂 Ended up being a nightmare. He didn't really have a clue bless him, he ended up having to call NICU and find out what we needed, and then prescribed the wrong formula. When it was finally prescribed we couldn't get any, anywhere as it isn't stocked in pharmacy's so needs ordering, thankfully we called NICU and explained and it transpired we were supposed to be given a tub of the formula on discharge for these exact reasons incase supply dropped off. So we now have formula as a back up whilst I work on my supply. I asked the GP if he could prescribe me domperidone, which was met with a firm no because he'd not prescribed it in years so wasn't sure if he could still prescribe it (despite the fact he would of had a copy of the BNF next to him😅). I've found now im not stressing about my supply as we can supplement with formula my supply has increased slightly by around 10ml which is a start. I was just overly panicked I'd end up with two starving babies 🙈
Ahhhh glad you have the formula!!
Oh my god, mine was the same with blood thinners in my pregnancy, I actually had to call hospital and sort it myself! At least he was proactive enough to call NICU and sort out formula! Having that back up which has allowed you not to stress while also definitely increase your supply also. Stress is no good for supply! Glad to hear it’s increased already, I’ve never heard of domperidone actually, I’m going to ask at my 6 week check up in 2 weeks as my little one has never seemed satisfied on my boob

Reactions: 1
Ahhhh glad you have the formula!!
Oh my god, mine was the same with blood thinners in my pregnancy, I actually had to call hospital and sort it myself! At least he was proactive enough to call NICU and sort out formula! Having that back up which has allowed you not to stress while also definitely increase your supply also. Stress is no good for supply! Glad to hear it’s increased already, I’ve never heard of domperidone actually, I’m going to ask at my 6 week check up in 2 weeks as my little one has never seemed satisfied on my boob
I hadn't until a colleague who's had a NICU baby told me about it, she was given it to kick start her supply when she delivered. It's supposed to work wonders, definitely worth asking about!

• Heart
@Hbirdette did he have the piriton? Did it help? I would also ask HV to refer to a dietician. At least then if it’s nothing major you’ll know for sure
Yeah I gave him a dose earlier, seemed to help with the redness! Gonna give the HV a call in the morning and see what she says

I don't know if this is a silly question.. But presuming he had pasta with it too? Did it contain egg?
I know dried pasta ect rarely does but I have come across a couple that have egg in it.
Checked the pasta! No egg in it, I thought that might have been the case too

No purpose of this but to rant 😂
Last night Everleigh was awake 12-3am then 5-6.30am then my 3 year old got up at 7am.
I jokingly said to my partner this morning (who didn't move off the sofa until 10.40am as we were still upstairs and he sleeps down there. ) I said.. Ahh after that night, I need a nap.
He went.. "a nap? You're not the only one, I was hot" 😑
Tonight I went to bed at 10. Eventually managed to fall asleep around 11.30 andddd Everleigh wakes up 20 minutes later 😑
But guess who's downstairs playing Fifa and will again be complaining he's not slept? 😑😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
No purpose of this but to rant 😂
Last night Everleigh was awake 12-3am then 5-6.30am then my 3 year old got up at 7am.
I jokingly said to my partner this morning (who didn't move off the sofa until 10.40am as we were still upstairs and he sleeps down there. ) I said.. Ahh after that night, I need a nap.
He went.. "a nap? You're not the only one, I was hot" 😑
Tonight I went to bed at 10. Eventually managed to fall asleep around 11.30 andddd Everleigh wakes up 20 minutes later 😑
But guess who's downstairs playing Fifa and will again be complaining he's not slept? 😑😑
He'd be getting a nappy in his face if he lived here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
He'd be getting a nappy in his face if he lived here 😂
every morning he always makes sure he says he has less sleep than me. But any time I go down there, no matter what the time, he's snoring his head off.
He was at 3am and he was just now.
But he'll say he's had like 2 hours sleep.

He came and woke me up at 2am wanting sex. Told him to duck off 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 6
every morning he always makes sure he says he has less sleep than me. But any time I go down there, no matter what the time, he's snoring his head off.
He was at 3am and he was just now.
But he'll say he's had like 2 hours sleep.

He came and woke me up at 2am wanting sex. Told him to duck off 😂
If he’s adamant he gets less sleep on the sofa, maybe you should swap for a night - he can get up with the baby and you can have peace on the sofa!

Reactions: 4
If he’s adamant he gets less sleep on the sofa, maybe you should swap for a night - he can get up with the baby and you can have peace on the sofa!
Doesn't matter where he sleeps, even before baby was born, he always insisted he hardly slept and always had 2 or 3 hours.
Yet even when in bed with me he was always snoring 😂
Tempted to make him wear my fitness band so he can actually see that he's getting more sleep 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Doesn't matter where he sleeps, even before baby was born, he always insisted he hardly slept and always had 2 or 3 hours.
Yet even when in bed with me he was always snoring 😂
Tempted to make him wear my fitness band so he can actually see that he's getting more sleep 😂
Haha yes, or get one of those pet cameras down to show him how much he’s asleep - although that might be a bit creepy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is there anything I can do for my little one who’s caught a cold? She’s 3 and a half weeks old and it’s awful listening to her breathe through her blocked nose 😩 She’s still feeding well and no temperature thankfully, but she seems to struggle at night and breathes really fast. I’m going to head to the pharmacy this morning to ask for some advice but thought I’d ask if anyone has any tips on here as well

• Heart
Is there anything I can do for my little one who’s caught a cold? She’s 3 and a half weeks old and it’s awful listening to her breathe through her blocked nose 😩 She’s still feeding well and no temperature thankfully, but she seems to struggle at night and breathes really fast. I’m going to head to the pharmacy this morning to ask for some advice but thought I’d ask if anyone has any tips on here as well
I don't know what age the calpol plugs are from but we used them and they helped.
Stunk the whole house out though 😂

We’re going through the same. I’m using saline nose spray before every feed and a humidifier. You can use essential oils and vapour pads with it but I’m choosing not to because baby is so little and also our dogs sleep in our room.

we used saline spray and a nose sucker (the woman at boots said the nose sucker wasn’t necessary, she just sucked it out using her mouth:sick:… safe to say we bought the nose sucker)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.