New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm another that has always used the ikea high chair. Never used any cushions or anything on it either ☺
And with it not folding up, I've found doesn't make much difference anyway as the big ones that fold up don't really fold away that much I find. They're still big and bulky

Reactions: 2
M

not sure if this is helpful but this is the screenshot of an email my lactation consultant sent me about the fenugreek.
I gave up exclusively breastfeeding so not entirely sure if it works, will post the tablets I bought too

View attachment 782853
Thank you! I did order some on Saturday but they're not being delivered now until tomorrow 🙄. I've spent the weekend power pumping, massaging. Eating more oats than i care to remember 😂. I'm hoping the GP will help when he calls back as we can't use off the shelf formula atm due to their weights & prematurity so I'm hoping for the prescribed tablets and some formula to combi feed for now, which tbh combi feeding was always the plan as there's two of them it's beyond draining

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thank you! I did order some on Saturday but they're not being delivered now until tomorrow 🙄. I've spent the weekend power pumping, massaging. Eating more oats than i care to remember 😂. I'm hoping the GP will help when he calls back as we can't use off the shelf formula atm due to their weights & prematurity so I'm hoping for the prescribed tablets and some formula to combi feed for now, which tbh combi feeding was always the plan as there's two of them it's beyond draining
Ah I see! I was the same before I gave up.. feeding, pumping, oats, flapjacks, overeating 🤢
my boyfriend would find me sobbing in bed trying to feed her (I had supply but she didn’t want it, would scream and scream at my boob) so I totally get the exhaustion and pressure on yourself. GPs can be scary so I really hope he hears you out and you can finally get some sort of solution, let us know and good luck ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Make sure you’re drinking lots and lots of water too! I’d ask your GP or health visitor to put you in touch with local NHS breastfeeding advocates in your area asap too. Or you can probably find them by doing a quick Google and contact them yourself. They were such a great resource when I was worried about my supply, and as soon as I said I was considering giving up they were all over me like a rash but in a good way to help!

Last edited:
Make sure you’re drinking lots and lots of water too! I’d ask your GP or health advisor to put you in touch with local NHS breastfeeding advocates in your area asap too. Or you can probably find them by doing a quick Google and contact them yourself. They were such a great resource when I was worried about my supply, and as soon as I said I was considering giving up they were all over me like a rash but in a good way to help!
Oh I've spoken to my HV this morning and they were quite dismissive "You've done the hard part it's hard to sustain a supply for twins. You've got through NICU that's the most important thing"
No. No its not. I'm running out of food for my babies, I'm not producing near enough to meet their demands and they have two feeds left. Thankfully the GP has prescribed us the formula they need, I'm going to keep working on my supply & getting in touch with a lactation consultant today. I refuse to let my journey end here. I thought my HV would of jumped on me, I'm disappointed to say the least.

• Heart
Oh I've spoken to my HV this morning and they were quite dismissive "You've done the hard part it's hard to sustain a supply for twins. You've got through NICU that's the most important thing"
No. No its not. I'm running out of food for my babies, I'm not producing near enough to meet their demands and they have two feeds left. Thankfully the GP has prescribed us the formula they need, I'm going to keep working on my supply & getting in touch with a lactation consultant today. I refuse to let my journey end here. I thought my HV would of jumped on me, I'm disappointed to say the least.
That’s disappointing to hear! Tbh I found health visitors so useless. Good that you’re getting in touch with a lactation consultant, they’ll probably be a lot more helpful. You’re doing an amazing job feeding for two.

Last edited:
@I’mThankyou_ do you think it’s partly due to exhaustion now that you are running round after the two babies all day? I can’t imagine you’re getting huge amounts of sleep with two little girls to look after, as well as BoyThankYou. Hopefully a lactation consultant can give you the support you need, and which has been so lacking from your HV x

Update on egg allergy... doctor has prescribed antihistamine for baby and I’ve been told to not give him eggs or anything containing eggs until he’s at least 2 years old 🥴🥴 not the end of the world, I know but bloody hell i had so many recipes and ideas which contain eggs 😂

• Heart
I put my big girl pants on today & called my GP. Since the twins coming home I've noticed a huge drop in my milk supply. I'm talking around a loss of 150ml each session. I'm currently expressing to exclusively bottle feed. Anyway, the stocks I'd built up during NICU have now totally gone & I've spent the last two nights panicking they'll starve and lose weight. I hate calling my gp, he's very dismissive. I just hope when he calls back he can prescribe me the tablets too boost my supply & the formula the babies need to supplement for the time being. I had a right cry to the receptionist, and then remembered it really doesn't matter how they're fed, they're bloody home!
Have a look at boo.b.ltd on Instagram. She sells products to boost milk supply and has amazing reviews. I’m going to try them when my baby arrives

• Heart
Successful day and I’m super proud of myself. Drove 30 mins to town, spent an hour there getting bits done, drove 30 mins back. Finn slept there and back and chilled happily awake in his pram whilst in town. All by myself. Going out and about has always been hard for me with my anxiety and today I managed it with a 1 month old and had no anxiety. I’m so proud of myself :)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ps. On boo.b.ltd There is also tons of advice on her page not just products

gp’s and hvs are shocking sometimes. I think they are just clueless on some things so don’t know what advice to give

Update on egg allergy... doctor has prescribed antihistamine for baby and I’ve been told to not give him eggs or anything containing eggs until he’s at least 2 years old 🥴🥴 not the end of the world, I know but bloody hell i had so many recipes and ideas which contain eggs 😂
Have they referred to dietician? They know a lot more than GPs about allergies I've found!

@I’mThankyou_ do you think it’s partly due to exhaustion now that you are running round after the two babies all day? I can’t imagine you’re getting huge amounts of sleep with two little girls to look after, as well as BoyThankYou. Hopefully a lactation consultant can give you the support you need, and which has been so lacking from your HV x
Oh the lack of sleep is definitely the reason I can no longer be milked like a cow 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've seen cute cushions from Cove, does it wash well?
@Definitelyme thank yous both so much! Will pick it up when I'm next at ikea 🙂
I've not actually put the cover in the wash, I just give it a wash in the sink. Most of the time it wipes down fine with a cloth. We've taken it to restaurants as well and has been really helpful as baby isn't the biggest and too much space around him in the wooden ones restaurants usually have!

Ps. On boo.b.ltd There is also tons of advice on her page not just products

gp’s and hvs are shocking sometimes. I think they are just clueless on some things so don’t know what advice to give
That's where I've been all weekend whilst manically pumping 🤣🤣 I've ordered so many cookies and supplements 🤣🤣

Successful day and I’m super proud of myself. Drove 30 mins to town, spent an hour there getting bits done, drove 30 mins back. Finn slept there and back and chilled happily awake in his pram whilst in town. All by myself. Going out and about has always been hard for me with my anxiety and today I managed it with a 1 month old and had no anxiety. I’m so proud of myself :)
Aww that’s great well done. I still get a bit nervous if I’m out and about!! I find the more I do it, it gets easier ☺

Have they referred to dietician? They know a lot more than GPs about allergies I've found!
Nope, said they wouldn’t refer yet 🙄 he’s got medical insurance so I know that is an option I just am reluctant to fork out the excess at the moment but will if it becomes necessary

Ergh, now I’m baffled, just given him a meal which he’s had twice before (from the same batch so it’s cooked exactly the same way) and he’s come out in another rash 😫 absolutely zero eggs in the meal. This was a lot easier when he was just on milk 😂

• Heart
Aww that’s great well done. I still get a bit nervous if I’m out and about!! I find the more I do it, it gets easier ☺

Nope, said they wouldn’t refer yet 🙄 he’s got medical insurance so I know that is an option I just am reluctant to fork out the excess at the moment but will if it becomes necessary

Ergh, now I’m baffled, just given him a meal which he’s had twice before (from the same batch so it’s cooked exactly the same way) and he’s come out in another rash 😫 absolutely zero eggs in the meal. This was a lot easier when he was just on milk 😂
Health visitors can refer you, ours did! Seems quite a long time to wait and if he's having immediate reactions to food, he wouls need to be tested in a hospital environment/skin prick etc. I don't get the logic of GPs! Was there anything like tomatoes/acidic food in? Could be a contact reaction?

Health visitors can refer you, ours did! Seems quite a long time to wait and if he's having immediate reactions to food, he wouls need to be tested in a hospital environment/skin prick etc. I don't get the logic of GPs! Was there anything like tomatoes/acidic food in? Could be a contact reaction?
Ah I didn’t know that, I’ll give her a call tomorrow and see what she says. It was Bolognese so yes tomato based, except around his mouth wasn’t rashy but his chest got a rash again 🤷🏻‍♀️ My gp sent me a document about egg allergies which is 15 pages long... really helpful 😂

Ah I didn’t know that, I’ll give her a call tomorrow and see what she says. It was Bolognese so yes tomato based, except around his mouth wasn’t rashy but his chest got a rash again 🤷🏻‍♀️ My gp sent me a document about egg allergies which is 15 pages long... really helpful 😂
No worries..it's just what the dietician we are under told me! Hmm weird it's just on the chest! That's a massive booklet!! Hope the HV is helpful! Hope you can figure out what's causing it! I know allergies can spring up any time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.