New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter is now 2 months old (she’s my second one, eldest is 4)
I’ve taken all of the newborn clothes out of her wardrobe. She will be my last baby, I thought I’d be really sad but all I’m feeling is relief.
Relief that I will never be pregnant again, never be postpartum again.
im excited for my girls to grow up together and excited to see their relationship grow. ☺
❤ That is so lovely! I also thought I’d feel sad getting rid of all the baby bits (this is No4 for me) but I don’t at all. I don’t know if it’s because they are going to my sister who is due soon, but either way, I don’t feel sad. I never thought I’d feel “done”, but I definitely do now (much to my husband’s relief!). It’s so weird, but also nice not to feel sad!

Now to wait patiently until I am a granny and have grandkids to snuggle 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I said I would never do it again but you know I would have another one but never say never. Has anyone had the implant I’ve been told it’s more effective than the coil and pill by the midwife x

I said I would never do it again but you know I would have another one but never say never. Has anyone had the implant I’ve been told it’s more effective than the coil and pill by the midwife x
I had the implant.. it didn’t agree with me but that doesn’t mean to say it won’t be the same for you!
I still haven’t gone back onto any hormonal contraception 🙈 not entirely sure whether I will either. Both quite happy using condoms for now

Reactions: 2
❤ That is so lovely! I also thought I’d feel sad getting rid of all the baby bits (this is No4 for me) but I don’t at all. I don’t know if it’s because they are going to my sister who is due soon, but either way, I don’t feel sad. I never thought I’d feel “done”, but I definitely do now (much to my husband’s relief!). It’s so weird, but also nice not to feel sad!

Now to wait patiently until I am a granny and have grandkids to snuggle 🤣🤣🤣
i also wondered how it would feel to’feel done’ but I definitely feel it now and it feels kind of good and comforting. I’m now looking forward to being an Auntie, that is if my brother ever has any. Also I’d like lots of grandkids 🤣.

• Heart
My second daughter is 5 months old and I'm definitely done. I'm so relieved I never have to be pregnant again too, sorry if that's insensitive to anyone I just hated it so much.

Still can't get a baby to sleep in the cot though, I thought I would nail it with the second but yeah not happening at all 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My second daughter is 5 months old and I'm definitely done. I'm so relieved I never have to be pregnant again too, sorry if that's insensitive to anyone I just hated it so much.

Still can't get a baby to sleep in the cot though, I thought I would nail it with the second but yeah not happening at all 🤣
I hated it too, I was hot, itchy, uncomfortable and huge. I’m only 5”00 tall so there’s not much room for me let alone a baby 🤣

• Haha
I was looking at the implant and I knew so many people that have had it at some point. And every single one of them had it removed early due to it causing different things like migraines ect.
I'm yet to find someone that got on with it fine.
So I ended up choosing the injection

I'm another that also feels content with not having another now.
I honestly, as bad as it sounds, hate the newborn/baby stage. I struggle so much to bond with them.
I'm slowly starting to enjoy it a bit more at 5 months.
Before kids, I thought I'd love the baby stage 😂

• Heart
I had the implant a good few years ago and it didn't agree with me, had to fight for the gp to take it out and they kept refusing, ended up taking my mum with me and she got them told 😅😉
I've used a few different pills and I'm not keen on them either. (implant was before babies, tried a new pill after baby 1 and didn't like it)
I got a copper coil (non hormonal) put in after my elective csection and it came out after just a couple of months, I did really like it though so waiting on my GP calling me back to insert a new one xx

Reactions: 1
I was looking at the implant and I knew so many people that have had it at some point. And every single one of them had it removed early due to it causing different things like migraines ect.
I'm yet to find someone that got on with it fine.
So I ended up choosing the injection

I'm another that also feels content with not having another now.
I honestly, as bad as it sounds, hate the newborn/baby stage. I struggle so much to bond with them.
I'm slowly starting to enjoy it a bit more at 5 months.
Before kids, I thought I'd love the baby stage 😂
I agree with you about the newborn stage. They don’t do anything, I find it easier once they can start interacting with you. My daughter smiled at me the other day and I just melted 🥰.

Please pray for me… second night of settling into the Moses basket. Tried twice tonight already and she jolts awake each time 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Please pray for me… second night of settling into the Moses basket. Tried twice tonight already and she jolts awake each time 😫
Oh no, the game of ‘how many goes does it take for you to stay down’ is not a fun one 😖 Hope she has settled for you!

Oh no, the game of ‘how many goes does it take for you to stay down’ is not a fun one 😖 Hope she has settled for you!
She did thank you! Just wresting my Boob into little miss combi fed to try and avoid making a bottle 😆

On the subject of winding earlier this popped up on my explore page. Just tried the jigg and circle/rotate technique, not only did she burp, she 💩😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh god we’re at the “look mum! I can roll over” stage followed swiftly by the “HELP MUM! I’M STUCK!” stage 😂😂😂 just had to go roll him back over twice 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh god we’re at the “look mum! I can roll over” stage followed swiftly by the “HELP MUM! I’M STUCK!” stage 😂😂😂 just had to go roll him back over twice 😆
I hate this stage 😂 lasted around 2 weeks. Worst part is in the cot 😂 yet now she can roll back, she sleeps on her front 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

i also wondered how it would feel to’feel done’ but I definitely feel it now and it feels kind of good and comforting. I’m now looking forward to being an Auntie, that is if my brother ever has any. Also I’d like lots of grandkids 🤣.
I’m exactly the same. I’ve got an almost 4 yr old and 8 month old and I’m just looking fwd to them properly playing together and knowing I’m totally done makes the night wakings much easier as I know this is the last time and won’t be forever!
Weirdest thing happened this morning. Baby always wakes at 6 on the dot pretty much. She shares with older sister so I like to get in and get her out asap. I hear her at 6 and look on the monitor and her mouth is moving so go in to get her- lift her up and she’s a bit floppy and I realised she’s still deep asleep. She’s now been deep asleep on my bed for nearly an hour!

👋👋 I've finally graduated to the new baby thread 🥳
I genuinely feel like I've been hit by a train. Don't remember the afterpains being this bad after my first two but I guess I am 10 years older this time around 😬
Can't stop looking at him or photos of him when I should be trying to sleep. Absolutely in love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
👋👋 I've finally graduated to the new baby thread 🥳
I genuinely feel like I've been hit by a train. Don't remember the afterpains being this bad after my first two but I guess I am 10 years older this time around 😬
Can't stop looking at him or photos of him when I should be trying to sleep. Absolutely in love ❤
So pleased for you 🥰 are you home now? Hope you’re feeling better xxx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.