New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holy tit where are you based?! 915!!! We are in the Midlands so not the most expensive but wow. Yep we’ve opened up one of those accounts so the government pay in 20% which does help a little.
aww bless you, it’s a bloodyemotional rollercoaster isn’t it. How old will Your baba be when you’re back at work?
Random question relating to the tax free childcare, how long does it take for them to pay their 20% in? X

I used to say yeah I’m going back to work now I’m like erm no I’m in the Midlands and for full time per week is 252 that is at an outstanding nursery maybe she can go like one day a week just to interact with other kids but really I don’t ever want to go back now I don’t want to leave her! Change of subject but has anyone started contraception now like the pill or anything I haven’t used protection for so long I don’t know where to start but also don’t fancy the coil x

Reactions: 2
I used to say yeah I’m going back to work now I’m like erm no I’m in the Midlands and for full time per week is 252 that is at an outstanding nursery maybe she can go like one day a week just to interact with other kids but really I don’t ever want to go back now I don’t want to leave her! Change of subject but has anyone started contraception now like the pill or anything I haven’t used protection for so long I don’t know where to start but also don’t fancy the coil x
I've gone on the injection and it's the best thing ever for me personally. Only ever been on the pill since I was 15. So I wanted to try something different and it's exactly the same stuff in it as the mini pill.

I've gone on the injection and it's the best thing ever for me personally. Only ever been on the pill since I was 15. So I wanted to try something different and it's exactly the same stuff in it as the mini pill.
@WhatABore does it go in the bum? How often do you have it done??
im thinking of having the injection, purely because I’m terrible at remembering to take pills

Reactions: 1
It does, yeah. Well, more side of it, near the top.
It's every 12 weeks. Much better 👌🏻
Might have to go for that one then. I’m used to injections!

I just wanna say also, thank you to all of those for your support last week. It really means a lot and also is a real testament to yourselves as people because my real life friends weren’t as supportive. Well, they weren’t judgemental or anything but just seemed to turn everything back on themselves so I struggled to open up.
I’m sorry I’m not on this thread much either, I guess as a first time mum sometimes I feel out of my depth & don’t want to say something wrong to another new mum & potentially cause a problem for them. I do try & be supportive where I can for people on here but I have been through a pretty crap time and find it hard to even get up & keep going everyday.
just know, I’m always reading and lingering & it’s lovely to read others supportive responses & how much you’re all smashing it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I just wanna say also, thank you to all of those for your support last week. It really means a lot and also is a real testament to yourselves as people because my real life friends weren’t as supportive. Well, they weren’t judgemental or anything but just seemed to turn everything back on themselves so I struggled to open up.
I’m sorry I’m not on this thread much either, I guess as a first time mum sometimes I feel out of my depth & don’t want to say something wrong to another new mum & potentially cause a problem for them. I do try & be supportive where I can for people on here but I have been through a pretty crap time and find it hard to even get up & keep going everyday.
just know, I’m always reading and lingering & it’s lovely to read others supportive responses & how much you’re all smashing it!
I really wish I'd have had it sooner tbh!

We're always here for a chat 😊❤

I’m sorry to hear about your friends. I think sometimes it’s so much easier to say things online to strangers ❤
And never any need to apologise, people take what they need and give what they can to a thread like this. But remember no matter if you’re a first time or tenth time mum, none of us know it all and we all have wisdom to share x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Please don’t worry- I can confirm that I’m definitely making it up as I go along.

I’ve just been feeding mine in the dark while eating some dairy milk. Went over to the changing table where there is a nightlight to find that I’ve dropped bits of chocolate which of course have melted all over him! Had to get a cotton bud to gently clean inside his ear 😄🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Please don’t worry- I can confirm that I’m definitely making it up as I go along.

I’ve just been feeding mine in the dark while eating some dairy milk. Went over to the changing table where there is a nightlight to find that I’ve dropped bits of chocolate which of course have melted all over him! Had to get a cotton bud to gently clean inside his ear 😄🤦‍♀️
Oh wow this made me laugh 😍🤣🤣🤣
I think we’ve all been there 🥰🥰

oh I did this yesterday. Pringle crumbs and melted chocolate on my little one! I felt terrible.

Reactions: 3
I am a crying mess tonight when she cries I feel so helpless when my partner goes to sleep the anxiety and worry kicks in I really dread the night time not because I’m tired but I just worry so much :( x

• Heart
I am a crying mess tonight when she cries I feel so helpless when my partner goes to sleep the anxiety and worry kicks in I really dread the night time not because I’m tired but I just worry so much :( x
Oh bless you 😔 sorry you’re not feeling great. Is she not settling? Might not help but it’s totally normal to worry. Sending lots of love xxx

Oh bless you 😔 sorry you’re not feeling great. Is she not settling? Might not help but it’s totally normal to worry. Sending lots of love xxx
She is an angel in the day so easy then 10/11 comes abs she kicks off cries also worried she has an intolerance or something because she is pooing once a day not loads of pops anymore but I’ve read that can happen she is doing lots of wees though. Married at first sight is getting me through this as a distraction and I’m glad it’s not just me I’m ok in the day then evening comes and I freak out x

Edit I’ve read one to four is fine maybe I’m just a nutter who worries too much x

She is an angel in the day so easy then 10/11 comes abs she kicks off cries also worried she has an intolerance or something because she is pooing once a day not loads of pops anymore but I’ve read that can happen she is doing lots of wees though. Married at first sight is getting me through this as a distraction and I’m glad it’s not just me I’m ok in the day then evening comes and I freak out x

Edit I’ve read one to four is fine maybe I’m just a nutter who worries too much x
As long as she doesn’t seem in pain, and her poo is a good consistency, dropping down to one poo is just fine. Sometimes they’ll go through a wee phase where they poo less for a while, and then it goes back up again.

When she’s crying in the evening/night what helps settle her, if anything? I honestly think babies crying at night is one of the hardest things to deal with, it can feel so long and so lonely x

Hannah does this at around the same time, usually because she is overtired though. Could that be the case with you're wee one? It's taken me this long to work out what her tired ques are so it helps if I can catch it early.

Also some days we go between no poos and 6 a day so I wouldn't worry x

Hannah is in a travel cot while we're away and omg she looks so small 😭

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hannah does this at around the same time, usually because she is overtired though. Could that be the case with you're wee one? It's taken me this long to work out what her tired ques are so it helps if I can catch it early.

If you tell me where you are I will be right over to snuggle that precious girl all up 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 how adorable is she?!?

ETA: just realised that could have come across really scary 😱 I am not stalking you nor planning to jump out of a bush and snuggle your daughter 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Everleigh only used to poop once a day, sometimes not even once a day. Even now she goes every other day at the most.
It's normal for it to slow down 😊

Also second the crying possibly being over tired.
I don't understand baby/toddler logic. Cry because I'm tired instead of going sleep.
Everleigh will scream the house until she eventually gives in. Even then she then wakes up for a second and starts crying again 😂

• Heart

Awwww how cute my little pudding is cute but very loud haha 🥰 it is hard isn’t it to know what’s right or wrong but you’ve made me feel better don’t think it helps my stitches are killing me today and I’ve got a gaping hole in my mouth from where my tooth just fell out. Maybe she is over tired but honestly she sleeps like a dream all day. Think I’ll try a bath tomorrow again x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.