New baby and post birth advice #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday Finn didn’t sleep at all, all day. He was fussy and eating super often (think it might have been a bit of a growth spurt day) and he woke up more than often in the night. If I put him down he instantly woke up. It was tough. Today I’ve persisted with trying to put him down instead of only sleeping on me and he’s been so much better. He did wake up once but I left him to it and he went back to sleep! I managed a nap myself which was great. Such a better day. Fingers crossed this means he might start sleeping more regularly in his bassinet in the daytime 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yesterday Finn didn’t sleep at all, all day. He was fussy and eating super often (think it might have been a bit of a growth spurt day) and he woke up more than often in the night. If I put him down he instantly woke up. It was tough. Today I’ve persisted with trying to put him down instead of only sleeping on me and he’s been so much better. He did wake up once but I left him to it and he went back to sleep! I managed a nap myself which was great. Such a better day. Fingers crossed this means he might start sleeping more regularly in his bassinet in the daytime 🤞🏻
That's brilliant! It was those small wins that made such a difference for me in the early days.

Reactions: 2
So glad today is a better day. Sometimes the bad ones feel so awful, and we forget to celebrate the good (or even just the “not bad”) ones x

Reactions: 1
Asda have 20% off baby clothes (£30 min spend). Couldn’t resist the Christmas bibs, socks and pjs 😊

Reactions: 5
I know what I’ll be doing at the 3/4am night feed 😁 thank you!
I am awake at this time too not sure what your babies pattern is but hers is very similar to when she was inside me but now it’s starting to change usually feed at 10:30 then 1 3/4 then 5/6 sometimes she wakes up at 2 and skips to 5 but it is a tiring game isn’t it dreading when my partner goes back to work ☹ Not that he helps me which is my choice until 5/6 but I like having a cuddle. Anyone else lighter now than before pregnancy I think I’m getting thinner by the day and I don’t know if I like it feel a bit pillowy xx

I had this last night when she woke up it was for an hour or more at a time it is hard but when they open their eyes to look at you it’s worth it xx

Sooooo I got a job the other day, which is amazing but means I’m back to work soon 🥺 only doing 3 days but my god it’s gonna kill me being away from my boy. Also had a few comments of “you need to sort nursery out cause everywhere is fully booked” so we’ve had a bit of a mad couple of days calling nurseries up and my GOD I can’t get over how much it varies 😰

He will be doing 2 days a month and the most expensive was 560(!!!!) a month and the cheapest was 315. (This is before tax free childcare so obv taking 20% off those numbers)
I actually viewed the cheapest one tonight and adored it but we’re viewing another one tomorrow just to make sure. It’s cheaper because it’s a lot closer to home whereas they all seem to be pricey nearer to where I’ll be working. I’m also really happy because it’s got an outstanding rating from ofsted😌

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sooooo I got a job the other day, which is amazing but means I’m back to work soon 🥺 only doing 3 days but my god it’s gonna kill me being away from my boy. Also had a few comments of “you need to sort nursery out cause everywhere is fully booked” so we’ve had a bit of a mad couple of days calling nurseries up and my GOD I can’t get over how much it varies 😰

He will be doing 2 days a month and the most expensive was 560(!!!!) a month and the cheapest was 315. (This is before tax free childcare so obv taking 20% off those numbers)
I actually viewed the cheapest one tonight and adored it but we’re viewing another one tomorrow just to make sure. It’s cheaper because it’s a lot closer to home whereas they all seem to be pricey nearer to where I’ll be working. I’m also really happy because it’s got an outstanding rating from ofsted😌
Congratulations on your job! That’s really wonderful news ☺

It’s definitely not easy going back and leaving them, but it gets slightly easier over time ❤

Congratulations on your job! That’s really wonderful news ☺

It’s definitely not easy going back and leaving them, but it gets slightly easier over time ❤
Thank you 😊 my maternity allowance runs out in December so I thought If I start applying I’ll see what happens and I got the bloody job straight away 😂 they want me to start ASAP but I’m very happy for HR to take their time about it hahaha. Would be perfect to start in first week of November but I’ve got a feeling it may be sooner!
I know he will be absolutely fine, he’s going to be with my mum the other day but it just breaks my heart 😞

the money I earn is basically going straight back on bills and childcare but hey ho - literally been going through my finances tonight seeing what I can save.
I also learnt that we have both been paying for amazon prime, turns out I can cancel mine and my husband has invited me to join his prime - didn’t know that was a thing!

Reactions: 3
@Easilyannoyed yes I’m lighter than pre-pregnancy thanks to horrific morning sickness and no appetite for a month after birth but also pillowy. My belly feels like a lush shower jelly 🤣🤣

@Hbirdette congratulations on the job offer, that’s great news! How old will he be? I’m sure he’ll be absolutely fine (but I can’t imagine that makes it any easier!). Am already mentally psyching myself up to start back after Christmas 😬 Before she was born I was adamant I’d want to go back to work and I’d never quit my job because I love it but now I’m dreading it 🙄

I am awake at this time too not sure what your babies pattern is but hers is very similar to when she was inside me but now it’s starting to change usually feed at 10:30 then 1 3/4 then 5/6 sometimes she wakes up at 2 and skips to 5 but it is a tiring game isn’t it dreading when my partner goes back to work ☹ Not that he helps me which is my choice until 5/6 but I like having a cuddle. Anyone else lighter now than before pregnancy I think I’m getting thinner by the day and I don’t know if I like it feel a bit pillowy xx

I had this last night when she woke up it was for an hour or more at a time it is hard but when they open their eyes to look at you it’s worth it xx
Yeah we have similar times! About 9, 12, 3/4 and 7/8… I haven’t weighed myself yet but I look the same as pre baby now and yes tummy is deffo like a pillow! She has really long legs and is forever kicking and bouncing off it, it’s very soft 😆 I was the same about mr tango going back to work but it’s actually much calmer when he’s not here 🙊 he’s a loud busy body so he disrupts our peace and quiet when he’s home lol
Little tip: for the first week I asked him to prepare a sandwich for me and cut into quarters so I could eat with one hand while breastfeeding

Yeah we have similar times! About 9, 12, 3/4 and 7/8… I haven’t weighed myself yet but I look the same as pre baby now and yes tummy is deffo like a pillow! She has really long legs and is forever kicking and bouncing off it, it’s very soft 😆 I was the same about mr tango going back to work but it’s actually much calmer when he’s not here 🙊 he’s a loud busy body so he disrupts our peace and quiet when he’s home lol
Little tip: for the first week I asked him to prepare a sandwich for me and cut into quarters so I could eat with one hand while breastfeeding
Aww the sandwich idea is cute I think maybe because she is bottle fed not sure really but in the day she had one long sleep and I tend to eat the majority of food then but my appetite is nothing like it was pre pregnancy what’s yours like? Xx

This. My baby is so much calmer when husband is at work and sleeps better Sunday-Wednesday nights when its only me getting up with him because hisband goes to bed early and gets up early. I love him dearly but I think he gets baby too excited at the wrong times :LOL:

This. My baby is so much calmer when husband is at work and sleeps better Sunday-Wednesday nights when its only me getting up with him because hisband goes to bed early and gets up early. I love him dearly but I think he gets baby too excited at the wrong times :LOL:

This!! He held her earlier to give me some hands free time and he was ok the phone to his friend, my poor petal she kept jolting and just couldn’t get off to sleep so she kept drinking more formula than she usually has just to keep resettling her 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ll eat my dinner one handed next time!

Aww the sandwich idea is cute I think maybe because she is bottle fed not sure really but in the day she had one long sleep and I tend to eat the majority of food then but my appetite is nothing like it was pre pregnancy what’s yours like? Xx
Ah I’m combi feeding as she was loosing too much weight with just breastfeeding but now she won’t be put down 🤯 so I’m only hands free if she’s in a carrier or she lasts ten mins in mamaroo or something… I just tried her in her Moses basket and she lasted ten seconds and I needed to resettle her 🥱 mmmm even with the breastfeeding my appetite is the same, skip breakfast, have lunch and dinner with loads of biscuits and chocolate throughout the day x

• Heart
Don’t you just love when they’re fed, changed and sleepy and then they do a massive fart and their bottom feels warm 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s our first day using reusable nappies today🥰 the designs are so cute but omg they mean clothes are a little tighter haha

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s our first day using reusable nappies today🥰 the designs are so cute but omg they mean clothes are a little tighter haha
Careful with tighter vests as the compression can cause leaks. I just moved my boy up to 6-9 vests for the reason, even though he’s still in 3-6 clothes. Good luck! And don’t be put off by a few leaks, usually easily solved! Love me a wee chunky baby bum 🥰

Reactions: 3

Congratulations on the job! So exciting. I'm back to work in 3 weeks time too, feeling a real mixture of emotions about it to be honest! After finding the first 4 months really difficult and had PND/anxiety. Now I'm really enjoying my time and I'm back to work so soon.

Nurseries are crazy we are paying 915 for 2.5 days a week. We did open one of those childcare accounts at the weekend, have you done that? They give money towards fees.

Glad you found a nursery that you really love! We had to decide on ours without having seen it and had to put his name down at 2 months old to get a place!

6 weeks difference 😳😳😳 people were right when they said they change so fast ☹☹☹
It is crazy how much they grow in such a small amount of time! Great comparison pics.

Congratulations on the job! So exciting. I'm back to work in 3 weeks time too, feeling a real mixture of emotions about it to be honest! After finding the first 4 months really difficult and had PND/anxiety. Now I'm really enjoying my time and I'm back to work so soon.

Nurseries are crazy we are paying 915 for 2.5 days a week. We did open one of those childcare accounts at the weekend, have you done that? They give money towards fees.

Glad you found a nursery that you really love! We had to decide on ours without having seen it and had to put his name down at 2 months old to get a place!

It is crazy how much they grow in such a small amount of time! Great comparison pics.
Holy tit where are you based?! 915!!! We are in the Midlands so not the most expensive but wow. Yep we’ve opened up one of those accounts so the government pay in 20% which does help a little.
aww bless you, it’s a bloodyemotional rollercoaster isn’t it. How old will Your baba be when you’re back at work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.