New baby and post birth advice #29 If you burn your butt, you have to sit on the blisters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate to bring things back up, but after having a ‘snoop’ someone is on here telling porkies 👀 in one breath saying all children have left school, and another being 35 with 4 kids and one of them is 12.

Anyway, it’s my kids I feel sorry for. Especially the younger 2. My older 2 are intoverts and don’t talk to anyone. The younger 2 LOVE attention. No matter who it’s from. But in reality, they don’t really know my side of the family. My mum comes every so often and stays for a tea and then goes. Just sad 😔

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate to bring things back up, but after having a ‘snoop’ someone is on here telling porkies 👀 in one breath saying all children have left school, and another being 35 with 4 kids and one of them is 12.
Oh dear.
Listen snoops, you obviously lurk.
No matter how old your kids are, we all need support from time to time be it from family or friends, in person or over tiny little airwaves.
Come and join us, we're not a gang, we're not a clique we love getting new people here. We love supporting and offering advice and opinions in a respectable way.
We don't jump down other people's throats, or make people feel stupid because they may of asked the same question within 24 hours.
I will keep saying it, but it takes a village, and I'm sorry if you didn't have a village when you had your magical children, who all change ages, so you have my sympathy if that's what made you so bitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s Rainbow Baby Day today so sending all the love to all the amazing rainbow babies and their mummas on here ❤❤❤🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Wow, who pissed on Snoopdog’s cornflakes this morning?! Following the live footage of @miaaaa slapping sense into herself, have some live footage of me off to hand my notice in asap, god forbid I would consider dumping the children that I CHOSE to have onto relatives for childcare …

@Jellybean you are 100% not the KW, everyone is entitled to want a break every now and then and I’m sorry your family sound less than supportive ❤

Aaaand I’ve just realised I was so shocked at the rudeness of Snoop’s comment I’ve managed to invent an imaginary child that I don’t yet have! My comment should read god forbid I dump the child not children 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just saying SnoopDog - this is a quote from the person you chose your username after
4AD64EA3-450E-44E7-A64A-C7DD888E9FE7.jpeg

And that includes family who won’t help with childcare

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
For actual duck sake, I chose today of all days to go and make a pissing cake and I miss out on all the drama!!!!!! Absolutely raging 😂

Jelly it's quite clearly been covered but you are absolutely not a KW, Snoop on the other hand

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So changing the subject completely…

This is just a public service announcement that if you want to take your child to see Santa at Christmas, you probably need to book it now. No one told me when my eldest was born that Santa tickets go on sale in August / Sept time and so if you leave it til a normal time to think about xmas, like I don’t know, December, it’ll be completely sold out.

• Wow
For actual duck sake, I chose today of all days to go and make a pissing cake and I miss out on all the drama!!!!!! Absolutely raging 😂

Jelly it's quite clearly been covered but you are absolutely not a KW, Snoop on the other hand

I was wondering where you were 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 4

This is just a public service announcement that if you want to take your child to see Santa at Christmas, you probably need to book it now. No one told me when my eldest was born that Santa tickets go on sale in August / Sept time and so if you leave it til a normal time to think about xmas, like I don’t know, December, it’ll be completely sold out.
Doing Gods work

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Is it just my kid that spends days screaming and shrieking everytime they learn a new skill? She’s spent all day shuffling up onto her knees and then just yelling out at the top of her lungs 😵💫

i don’t know if it’s excitement or frustration or exhaustion but I’ve just had to walk away halfway through her dinner because she kept screaming and slamming her arms about and I’m just done for today 🙁

• Heart

Just looked. Baby was born xmas eve. He’s had his first Christmas, but it didn’t feel like his first Christmas. Can I get away with pretending it’s his first Christmas?

• Heart
Just looked. Baby was born xmas eve. He’s had his first Christmas, but it didn’t feel like his first Christmas. Can I get away with pretending it’s his first Christmas?
Yes!! The 9yo was born 10 days before, we did exactly this!

Also, people who dress up as Father Christmas really scare me😂

• Haha
Wow dipping my toe back on here. Can’t believe my little boy will be 7 months this week! I haven’t been on since he was born. So crazy to see some of you here who were just pregnant on the preggo thread! 🥰 looks like I picked a good day to come back 😂👀😂

• Heart
I plan to never take my kids to see father Christmas if I can help it 😂😂 mean mummy!

Also, unrelated but I thought this might be fun/interesting - obviously every day is different, but in general, what is your favourite time of day/activity, and what is your least favourite?

I think my least favourite is the 30-60 minutes before dinner when I'm trying to cook, they're both tired and being whingebags, and one or both of them tends to do a tit 😂

My favourite is having a cuddle in bed in the morning or any time me and toddler are dancing in the kitchen and it makes baby laugh!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes!! The 9yo was born 10 days before, we did exactly this!

Also, people who dress up as Father Christmas really scare me😂
I done it. I booked first Christmas 😭 I was too delirious last year, I don’t even remember it. Just going to pretend it’s his first!

I plan to never take my kids to see father Christmas if I can help it 😂😂 mean mummy!

Also, unrelated but I thought this might be fun/interesting - obviously every day is different, but in general, what is your favourite time of day/activity, and what is your least favourite?

I think my least favourite is the 30-60 minutes before dinner when I'm trying to cook, they're both tired and being whingebags, and one or both of them tends to do a tit 😂

My favourite is having a cuddle in bed in the morning or any time me and toddler are dancing in the kitchen and it makes baby laugh!
I can’t tell you my favourite time of day, because it will really look like I hate my kids 😂😂

From About 4 is my least favourite, until bed time. I hate that I am mum and I have to make dinner. I do enjoy bath time though and just chilling, waiting for bed time
Normally, mornings and getting into bed is my favourite, but as the baby is on the move, he tried to head dive off the bed, so it means mornings start wayyyy earlier, and no chill time 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
In other news I think I've had that bleeping mental breakdown. I actually caught myself saying to OH today - maybe it would be nice to invite your family for Christmas. NICE. Those actual words came from my mouth. My MIL! I'm putting it down to the sleep deprivation or hopefully clinical insanity sooner than an actual personality shift. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 11

My least favourite is anytime she wakes up in the middle of the night 😂 or if she is screaming when I’m trying to eat my dinner. I normally try and get her to sleep before we eat but sometimes she wakes.
My favourite is having a snuggle before bedtime and also first thing in the morning when she sees me and gets this massive grin on her face 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Favourite bits…
- the hour or so before bedtime, she gets dead giggly and cuddly and will let me just squish her and kiss her and tickle her tummy
- when I walk in her room to get her after she’s been asleep and she gives me a big dribbly grin

Worst bits…
- meal times. I hate cooking and would live on toast and crisps if it were up to me, so I hate being forced to make proper food AND all the mess it creates AND just sitting there grinning at her for 30 mins while she sucks the same bit of cucumber
- bedtime routine. Just because it feels like running a military operation setting it all up and then running through the routine, plus I’m usually desperate for a break by then

• Heart
In other news I think I've had that bleeping mental breakdown. I actually caught myself saying to OH today - maybe it would be nice to invite your family for Christmas. NICE. Those actual words came from my mouth. My MIL! I'm putting it down to the sleep deprivation or hopefully clinical insanity sooner than an actual personality shift. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
You ok hun?

5pm-6pm the whinging because theyre ready for bed!!
On school days I also really detest 3.30pm because that is danger nap territory here and it gives me the fear

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.