New baby and post birth advice #28 being a mum is the best present I could have ever wished for

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of ages, the twins are almost 1, does that mean when they're toddlers I gotta leave here? Cause I'm invested I ain't going nowhere.
I'm gonna start using their corrected age to get me longer😂
Excuse me. The twins could be 30 and you aren’t allowed to leave 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Speaking of ages, the twins are almost 1, does that mean when they're toddlers I gotta leave here? Cause I'm invested I ain't going nowhere.
I'm gonna start using their corrected age to get me longer😂
im never leaving. If you try and get rid of me I’ll just try and find you all on other threads

At what point do I need to start brushing baby o’s teeth? Photo attached of the current situation…

HV gave me a toothbrush & paste at her last check - not looking forward to trying that one 😑
ive always cleaned their gums etc with a small muslin then and let them chomp on a toothbrush but as soon as a tooth starts coming through I brush with a toothbrush. They just love the taste of toothpaste really, my 2 year old still sucks the bloody thing, and use their tongue to cover their bottom teeth which is a ball ache

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thread title this time is from @Easilyannoyed with 30 likes. Normally I try and pick something humorous but this was just too cute 🥰

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed
This is too cute I thought it was going to be the one about me trumping 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬 orange is now not sleeping well at all anyone else’s baby teething driving them in sane at night because I am a broken woman 😑

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I for one am very much onboard with the motion that all mamas have to stay here until their kiddos are at least 30. How else will I be able to take advantage of all your wisdom, experience and kindness otherwise?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I for one am very much onboard with the motion that all mamas have to stay here until their kiddos are at least 30. How else will I be able to take advantage of all your wisdom, experience and kindness otherwise?!
We will all need each other for advice on the grandkids by then as we will have forgotten what we are doing 👵

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I was intrigued from the last thread so youtubed Miss Rachel and baby seems to love it but I’m going to have to leave the room, the way she says ‘good job’ is incredibly irritating 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
At what point do I need to start brushing baby o’s teeth? Photo attached of the current situation…

HV gave me a toothbrush & paste at her last check - not looking forward to trying that one 😑
I usually give her the brush after dinner to just get used to from around 10 months.
Then I'd hold my hand over hers every so often and brush a little.
The longer it's gone on, the more she's been willing to let me do it 😊 now she hands me the brush and wants me to do it.
I will admit, I'm awful at remembering every day though!

I was intrigued from the last thread so youtubed Miss Rachel and baby seems to love it but I’m going to have to leave the room, the way she says ‘good job’ is incredibly irritating 😬
Glad I'm not the only one 😂😂
Good jaaaaaaaab

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’ve not even watched the videos but I imagine how it sounds 🤣🤣 one of my friends is American and I’ve been pronouncing it ‘good jaaaabb’ for years in her honour 🇺🇸 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I just can’t with this biting :cry: had to stop him again last night and swap him to a bottle, and he’s just killed me on his afternoon feed and I had to stop him. MIL told me that she had to stop breastfeeding Mr SI around this age cos of his biting, but managed to go to 18 months with his sister.
It took us so long to start that I don’t want to stop (plus the whole dairy allergy thing). So if we stopped feeding straight from source, I’d go back to expressing all his feeds. But I don’t wanna 😭 just need to stop being chewed.

I got a free bundle of MAM stuff when I was pregnant from buying through Amazon baby wishlist, and it had this cute training toothbrush. For the last couple of months I’ve just met him play with it in a morning while I do mine, but now he has two teeth I brush them for him for a min first, then try to do them again in the evening in the bath after tea. He’s just got a cheap Colgate baby toothbrush now, but I do miss the safety ring thing on the MAM one.
MAM Learn to Brush Set, Two Baby Toothbrushes With Safety Shields, Ideal for Teaching Dental Hygiene to Infants, Baby Training Toothbrush, Blue https://amzn.eu/d/7jC716C

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Big day in the Baby Bluebird household. BB will be 4 weeks on august 7 and we went for our first shopping outing today.

I’m a bit timid to go out because it’s so comfortable at home and when she cries I know no one is judging me, and it’s easy to breastfeed, which were doing on demand.

She started crying and signaling that she was hungry and I panicked a little bit but we asked if they had a breastfeeding room in the store (a baby goods store) and they did so we went in there to BF. I did it without any of my pillows or being propped up. I feel a little more confident now to go out more, but when does it stop taking what feels like hours to get out of the house?!?

We were all ready to go and then she was hungry so we had to start the whole rigmarole again — feed, burp, diaper, etc.

ION- talked to KW about his attitude on lack of sleep and he agreed so that was also a bit positive for today. He’s much happier (and nicer) on uninterrupted sleep so that’s what we’ll keep doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just can’t with this biting :cry: had to stop him again last night and swap him to a bottle, and he’s just killed me on his afternoon feed and I had to stop him. MIL told me that she had to stop breastfeeding Mr SI around this age cos of his biting, but managed to go to 18 months with his sister.
It took us so long to start that I don’t want to stop (plus the whole dairy allergy thing). So if we stopped feeding straight from source, I’d go back to expressing all his feeds. But I don’t wanna 😭 just need to stop being chewed.
This sounds really tough, mine bites down just with his gums and that hurts so I’m dreading when he gets teeth!

Are you a member of the fb group breastfeeding and lactation support U.K? I know they have a guide on this and if you search for biting there’s lots of posts where people have commented what worked for them ❤

This is too cute I thought it was going to be the one about me trumping 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬 orange is now not sleeping well at all anyone else’s baby teething driving them in sane at night because I am a broken woman 😑
Same. Four top teeth all coming through at once. I feel dead. 🙃🙃🙃
Also RIP boobs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Big day in the Baby Bluebird household. BB will be 4 weeks on august 7 and we went for our first shopping outing today.

I’m a bit timid to go out because it’s so comfortable at home and when she cries I know no one is judging me, and it’s easy to breastfeed, which were doing on demand.

She started crying and signaling that she was hungry and I panicked a little bit but we asked if they had a breastfeeding room in the store (a baby goods store) and they did so we went in there to BF. I did it without any of my pillows or being propped up. I feel a little more confident now to go out more, but when does it stop taking what feels like hours to get out of the house?!?

We were all ready to go and then she was hungry so we had to start the whole rigmarole again — feed, burp, diaper, etc.

ION- talked to KW about his attitude on lack of sleep and he agreed so that was also a bit positive for today. He’s much happier (and nicer) on uninterrupted sleep so that’s what we’ll keep doing.
Well done for getting out, it's so scary at first! And it is a cliche but it does get easier to leave the house, you get more practised and they get bigger and can go a bit longer between feeds.

It's so funny about the pillows etc too, I remember being the same with my first for at least the first couple of months, I was so specific with my positioning to ensure she latched well etc, but again you grow in confidence and they get bigger and better at latching and before you know it you're standing on the side of a mountain feeding them 😂 I fed baby in the sling on a walk through the woods today and it felt like the easiest thing but I remember trying it with my little girl and it felt impossible!

Glad you were able to have an honest chat, just make sure you are getting some rest too 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This sounds really tough, mine bites down just with his gums and that hurts so I’m dreading when he gets teeth!

Are you a member of the fb group breastfeeding and lactation support U.K? I know they have a guide on this and if you search for biting there’s lots of posts where people have commented what worked for them ❤
I’m now actually, I’m in ones for my town and county, but willing to give any tips a try! Cheers 💜

So it took me 3 attempts to correctly guess which dancing fruit video Tommy wanted for his last feed, turns out me thinking he was sick of the birthday Hey Bear was my mistake and he screamed the place down until I realised my error and put it back on for the 1000000000th bleeping timeeeeeeeeeee :censored: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So it took me 3 attempts to correctly guess which dancing fruit video Tommy wanted for his last feed, turns out me thinking he was sick of the birthday Hey Bear was my mistake and he screamed the place down until I realised my error and put it back on for the 1000000000th bleeping timeeeeeeeeeee :censored: :ROFLMAO:
The birthday one is elite level though 😂. He has good taste

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.