New baby and post birth advice #26 Sweaty overcooked gammon babies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is totally not my first newborn(s)however I'm slightly rusty! but can you put sudocreme on a week old baby?
Not got anything in and his tincy bum is red raw! 😞
My current baby (ok.. he is 15 months but 🤫) had the most horrendous red raw bun I’ve ever seen as a newborn. We used sudocrem, and then metanium and coconut oil as well.

Baby G has a Spot book that I hate because there’s no real storyline! They go to the fair, then we see Steve and Helen looking at balloons, someone wants candy floss and then it just ends abruptly. She doesn’t care obviously but I always think “oh is that it then” 😂
What annoys me about some of our spot books is that in one the mum is called “mum” and in another she is called “Sally”. Chops and changes depending on which books we read. Same with the dad (Sam 👍🏻).

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s still absolutely boiling here and baby T was getting angry and not feeding, so I put on our swimming stuff and thought a 10 minute dip in the pool would help cool him down enough for him to feed properly. I was on my knees in the pool holding the baby, and then I started to do a slow motion fall and yelling to Mr T “GRAB THE BABY” because I obviously had no arms free to stop myself, and he just stood there like a gorm. Basically, I had to do some kind of tit James Bond role onto my back and I ended up completely submerged under the water because I was holding the baby up above it 🙃 I think I was still shouting to grab the baby with my head under water fml 😂 todays going well 💀

I’m traumatised but Atleast the baby is now feeding and will hopefully nap 🥴
I needed this laugh today 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's going pretty well actually, thanks. Everyone is at peace with it. Although I expect that it's still sinking in for a big part...
Kitten's being the whiniest she's ever been, she neeeeeds skin to skin and 100% of your attention 🙃

I got MrCat a card (and let Kitten draw on it as well, she got most of it on herself though 😅), some silly socks, a replacement sweater (he put the original one in the washer and it shrunk to Kitten size 😆), coffee beans and some whiskey.
We went to his mom this morning. And he (together with BIL and uncle) also went to his grandma to tell her her son has passed 💔
But other than that we kept it low key.
We're thinking of going away for a few days after the funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Currently have covid so it’s inevitable that my 8month old will get it 😭 has anyone ever used an antigen on a baby? ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Currently have covid so it’s inevitable that my 8month old will get it 😭 has anyone ever used an antigen on a baby? ❤
You can just go slightly in the mouth and or/slightly in the nose depending on what it is and it should still show a result.
We didn't see the point in testing her really as if I'd got it, we wouldn't be going anywhere anyway

Reactions: 2
They did them on Tommy in SCBU and he was always ok with it. Can’t imagine he would be now mind 💀🤣

Reactions: 2
Why oh why did I feed the baby a purée that had cauliflower in it 🤮 It stank when I opened it, she stank after I fed her and she’s now sat on the carpet letting out so many farts she sounds like a machine gun

• Haha
Reactions: 18
To add insult to injury, this all happened whilst wearing a bikini from years ago which is definitely way too small but it’s all I could find without unpacking boxes, so when I finally resurfaced Mr T just looked at me laughing and said “your jugs are out” 😂
Omg tits out just made this story even funnier 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve seen videos on Instagram of people doing similar when drunk on holiday to save their drink 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The sun has gone in here and thunderstorms predicted for later 😮. I’ve had 6 hrs sleep in 2 days. Back at work as wel which tbf has been lovely 😊 roll on tomorrow when it’s cooler

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We’re spending a fortune on wipes, we currently use reusable nappies and am looking at reusable wipes possibly. Does anyone use them? Are they worth it? How many do you need to use them instead of normal wipes? Would they work with messy toddler hands? Sorry about the million questions but they’re relatively expensive for so few so I’m just trying to gauge whether the investment is worth it

Reactions: 1
Omg tits out just made this story even funnier 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve seen videos on Instagram of people doing similar when drunk on holiday to save their drink 🤣🤣🤣
Did you ever see that video of the woman who had a choice to save a baby or a glass full of drink from hitting the floor. She saved her drink 😂

• Haha
if I had it on camera I’d just out myself and show you all for a laugh, I keep replaying the whole thing in my mind and crying with laughter 😂

of course the MIL now thinks I’ve given the baby a fear of water :rolleyes:🥴 I mean I literally nearly drowned in order to keep the baby above water whilst her son watched on but ok then, and the baby was actually laughing so I think he enjoyed it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
if I had it on camera I’d just out myself and show you all for a laugh, I keep replaying the whole thing in my mind and crying with laughter 😂

of course the MIL now thinks I’ve given the baby a fear of water :rolleyes:🥴 I mean I literally nearly drowned in order to keep the baby above water whilst her son watched on but ok then, and the baby was actually laughing so I think he enjoyed it 😂
Aren't you supposed to like, splash their face with water and stuff to get them used to it anyway? 😂

• Haha
We’re spending a fortune on wipes, we currently use reusable nappies and am looking at reusable wipes possibly. Does anyone use them? Are they worth it? How many do you need to use them instead of normal wipes? Would they work with messy toddler hands? Sorry about the million questions but they’re relatively expensive for so few so I’m just trying to gauge whether the investment is worth it
Yes 100% IMO! They are brill, good for bums, faces, hands, anything else really. I usually chuck a mesh bag full of them in the wash every 2-3 days. Also you only need MAX 2 even for a massive poo explosion whereas with disposables you can end up using half the packet wiping it around!

ETA: I have 50 cheeky wipes and that does us pretty well!

Goes to show you can never please a MIL - complains if you let the baby drown, complains if you stop the baby drowning 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.