New baby and post birth advice #26 Sweaty overcooked gammon babies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Our room is 31 at the moment, fan is doing nothing at all but baby elf is asleep for now. Just 5yo to go now, she's just having her bedtime toast first 🥴

I am sweating, I am so irritable I've been sat in the house for two days and everyone and everything is getting on my nerves. Just want everyone including the sun to piss off and leave me in peace 🤣 absolutely hate parenting in this heat it is miserable, give me feezing cold over this anyday

Reactions: 9
Hi all,
Ftm here in a bit of a panic!
9 week old baby has been on Kendamil organic formula and loving it. We've left it until the last minute to get a new tin and the organic formula is sold out in all local stores that usually stock it. They have plenty of the original formula in stock. I know it's available online from boots etc. but will not be delivered in time. My question is, if I suddenly start giving him the original formula as opposed to the organic, is there a risk of upsetting his tummy etc.?
From what I can see the ingredients are basically the same, the main difference is just the origin of the ingredients!
TIA
Behind so don't know if this has been answered but we had the opposite problem a while ago and he had a tub of organic with no issues.

We order online and I left it too late so we bought one to cover the gap but could only find organic. (if you buy direct from them and get 6 tubs delivery is free, that's what we do)

Reactions: 1
Was supposed to go out with my knobwaffle this evening for our first night out since having the baby but he's upset me and now we aren't going.
He's come home from work and just immediately plonked himself down and sat on his phone, doesn't bother trying to have any conversation with me. Ignores half the things I ask him to do to get ready to drop baby off at his parents (as I was nap trapped I couldn't do them myself). He then takes himself off upstairs for half an hour to "wash his face".
I know it's probably stupid to get so upset but why can't he ask how our day was or just talk/listen to me? Check if I need anything after spending the whole day either trying to entertain a baby or being napped on, instead of only worrying about his own needs? I honestly feel like sometimes it would be easier if he wasn't around as at least then I wouldn't expect to be able to rely on anyone else for support.
To top it off his Mum has decided to come round anyway as she wanted to see the baby. So I'm upstairs crying (and sweating) on my own 👍
Sorry he’s been such a dick. I don’t think men understand what it like when they can just go about their days as normal and we’re at home with the babies - as much as it’s lovely, it’s also like Groundhog Day sometimes and they just don’t get it x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We’re spending a fortune on wipes, we currently use reusable nappies and am looking at reusable wipes possibly. Does anyone use them? Are they worth it? How many do you need to use them instead of normal wipes? Would they work with messy toddler hands? Sorry about the million questions but they’re relatively expensive for so few so I’m just trying to gauge whether the investment is worth it
We have cheeky wipes and got a starter kit and an additional pack of 25. We don't bother with the essential oils or the "mucky box" they just go straight in the nappy bin.

The good thing is they can go wet from the washing machine into the water so you don't need to factor in drying time.

They deal with weaning baby hands so toddler should be fine.

We use disposable wipes when out and about, but the cheeky wipes kit does come with bags for taking them out too.

A friend uses belles bums which are bigger and softer (she felt the cheeky wipes got a bit scratchy) but they are more pricey.

I'm sure in general they are much of a muchness and if your washing nappies won't add any additional faf.

I've just "reset" our house after feeling like we were in a bunker avoiding Armageddon for 2 days. 😂 Mr Celeste has been great to be fair but when I'm trapped under a feeding baby the place just descends into utter chaos. I feel like I have the beginnings of tonsillitis so praying it doesn't manifest into anything. 🙏🏻 One more unbearable night, we can do it ladies!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hugs to you. Over the years I’ve had to literally coach mr waka on how to connect with me emotionally, they can be like prehistoric cave men when it comes to our needs. Is he fair if you talk to him one on one when things are calmer? most need everything black and white and spelled out for them like big, stupid babies (babies aren’t stupid, men are)
Yes but it takes me getting very upset for him to realise he's done anything wrong and then we end up in the same situation again in a matter of days. I get he's at work all day but I don't think he realises just how much I do and how tiring it is being a mum. He got up at 4am to take the dog for a walk before he went to work today and thinks that's helpful to me. The dog would have coped without a walk for one bloody day! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I need a rant. Knobwaffle waltzed in late from work. He’s doing a bbq for the kids and neighbours. He’s outside, drinks to hand, enjoying the company of others and being around the kids….
Me? I’ve been stuck upstairs trying to get baby settled for over an hour. She won’t get off my boob but she’s asleep (she’s 12 weeks old) in the hottest room of the house. I feel physically sick and he’s not answering his phone. Not even come to check on me once. I’m so furious that he gets to be the ‘fun’ dad, they are all playing in the pool that I filled up. while I’ve been doing all the housework in this heat as well as keeping the kids happy and entertained.
I’m so mad I can’t find the words to express just how infuriating he is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
How do people have the patience for traditional weaning?! I’ve always done blw with both children, but I thought it might be nice for baby to have some fridge cold EK fruit pouch in this heat (she can’t have yoghurt, she’s cmpa) and I didn’t fancy letting her self feed purée…. Oh my god I wish I had. Because trying to spoon feed is the most annoying thing ever, she kept whacking the spoon or stealing it or dribbling and argh never again.

Also I’d managed to keep the house reasonably cool by keeping the windows and curtains shut all day (I say reasonably, it was 27.6 inside…) anyway KW finished work and opened the lot saying the house needed to let in a breeze. It’s now 32.8 inside 🫠 I’m annoyed

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve been lurking on here for a few days, well catching posts here and there. I’ve got a 2 week old tomorrow and generally things are okay.

We’re breastfeeding and hit a hiccup today — my nipples are on absolute fire and I dread when she latched on as it’s a searing pain. Once she’s eating, it’s fine, and once she’s finished they feel like fire. I’ve called a lactation consultant to come tomorrow to help. I feel like she’s got a good latch but who knows. I think we’re also going to call my GP to see if they can get me in. Just wearing a shirt or anything against my nipples is painful. I hope we can get some help. I had a bit of a meltdown ans my husband had to call the lactation consultant because I couldn’t sting together a sentence I was crying so much. I think until the lactation consultant comes tomorrow I’m just going to pump and feed her tha

This Dutch heat surely isn’t helping either. It was 40 today and 27 in our bedroom. LittlestBluebird has basically been sleeping all day she’s so hot. We’ve got her in a diaper to sleep in until the next feeding.

In the meantime, I’m sat here with an ice pack on my nips tattling while husband sleeps (in a non KW way 🤣)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
We’re spending a fortune on wipes, we currently use reusable nappies and am looking at reusable wipes possibly. Does anyone use them? Are they worth it? How many do you need to use them instead of normal wipes? Would they work with messy toddler hands? Sorry about the million questions but they’re relatively expensive for so few so I’m just trying to gauge whether the investment is worth it
Yes, absolutely recommend them to everyone (even those who use disposable nappies). They are a million times better than disposable wipes, and obvs cheaper and environmentally friendly. They work well on hands, faces and bums (although not all at once 🤣).
We have about 70, but that’s way too many. You could just buy 20-30 and see how you get on then buy more if needed. We use cheeky wipes (they were the only ones about 9yrs ago) but I think loads of places do them now.

I’ve been lurking on here for a few days, well catching posts here and there. I’ve got a 2 week old tomorrow and generally things are okay.

We’re breastfeeding and hit a hiccup today — my nipples are on absolute fire and I dread when she latched on as it’s a searing pain. Once she’s eating, it’s fine, and once she’s finished they feel like fire. I’ve called a lactation consultant to come tomorrow to help. I feel like she’s got a good latch but who knows. I think we’re also going to call my GP to see if they can get me in. Just wearing a shirt or anything against my nipples is painful. I hope we can get some help. I had a bit of a meltdown ans my husband had to call the lactation consultant because I couldn’t sting together a sentence I was crying so much. I think until the lactation consultant comes tomorrow I’m just going to pump and feed her tha

This Dutch heat surely isn’t helping either. It was 40 today and 27 in our bedroom. LittlestBluebird has basically been sleeping all day she’s so hot. We’ve got her in a diaper to sleep in until the next feeding.

In the meantime, I’m sat here with an ice pack on my nips tattling while husband sleeps (in a non KW way 🤣)
Ouch 😩😩 If you can get hold of some silver cups they are a god send. They act like little nipple armour and don’t let anything bang or rub against them to hurt between feeds. Have you tried laid back feeding to help get a deeper latch which may help?

I need a rant. Knobwaffle waltzed in late from work. He’s doing a bbq for the kids and neighbours. He’s outside, drinks to hand, enjoying the company of others and being around the kids….
Me? I’ve been stuck upstairs trying to get baby settled for over an hour. She won’t get off my boob but she’s asleep (she’s 12 weeks old) in the hottest room of the house. I feel physically sick and he’s not answering his phone. Not even come to check on me once. I’m so furious that he gets to be the ‘fun’ dad, they are all playing in the pool that I filled up. while I’ve been doing all the housework in this heat as well as keeping the kids happy and entertained.
Sending cold thoughts. I hate it when you feel abandoned without even a check in, that is one thing I find really triggering x

I think I’m going to go for it. Thank you! Do you use the same wipes for face and bum? Like if you used it for the bum then washed it will you use it for the face the next time or do you have special face ones?
I should maybe add we just have a pack of face cloths we keep in the kitchen that are used for faces. Wipes are for bums (hands maybe if we are out and they are all I have) and facecloths for faces and hands after eating. They get washed with our tea towels etc and live with the bibs. Cheaper than buying more wipes 😊

Finally got our power back after about 8 hours, luckily I ended up eating all the ice creams to solve the freezer issue 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

You poor thing, you're doing all the right things, I really hope the lactation consultant can help. Totally second the silver cups recommendation, I wish I got them when breastfeeding my first, they are incredible!

Also I don't know if it will help but I had similar pain with my first but managed to improve the latch and went on to feed for over 2 years, don't lose hope and feel like the pain will last forever, hopefully you can find a solution.

Knobwaffle alert 🚨wimp🚨
Why can’t men cope with a cold. I had it, a few days later now he’s got it. Acting like I’ve given him the plague. I can’t stand him when he’s like this. It’s putting me off him🤣🤣 soo unattractive with the cough cough I feel soooo illllll…… *sad face*. ✋
i said oh you have what I had. He said you weren’t this bad. I said I JUST BLOODY GET ON WITH IT😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Knobwaffle alert 🚨wimp🚨
Why can’t men cope with a cold. I had it, a few days later now he’s got it. Acting like I’ve given him the plague. I can’t stand him when he’s like this. It’s putting me off him🤣🤣 soo unattractive with the cough cough I feel soooo illllll…… *sad face*. ✋
i said oh you have what I had. He said you weren’t this bad. I said I JUST BLOODY GET ON WITH IT😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣
Omg yessss. A few weeks ago I had a horrible cold and cough, and was literally coughing my guts up whilst feeding the baby at night whilst he slept soundly next to me. So a few days later when he was coughing whilst he was looking after the baby in the other room I ignored it and carried on what I was doing 😊 (chores obviously).

Thanks for the recommendation— have ordered the silver cups and they’ll be here tomorrow. Willing to try anything at this point!
Will try some other positions tomorrow with the LC. Lying down could work!

• Heart
Has anyone else just disregarded their usual bedtime?
I’m too hot to try everything I normally do to get him to sleep so he’s just rolling about the bed.

We’ve got a freezing cold water bottle in front of the fan, I’ve put a damp Muslin between us I’m using one of those Spanish hand fans on us, the rooms still 31 degrees and we’re sweating 😰

I miss the rain and winter! Someone point me to this post when I’m inevitably crying about the cold in November!

Reactions: 2
Thanks for the recommendation— have ordered the silver cups and they’ll be here tomorrow. Willing to try anything at this point!
Will try some other positions tomorrow with the LC. Lying down could work!
Honestly they are brilliant, like little fortresses for your nipples! They are supposed to promote healing but I found it enough that they protected me! Let us know how you get on with the LC tomorrow

Quoting my own post.
Still here stuck under baby with no food/fluids or checks since 5.45pm 🙃 knobwaffle is in huuuge trouble when I see him!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Quoting my own post.
Still here stuck under baby with no food/fluids or checks since 5.45pm 🙃 knobwaffle is in huuuge trouble when I see him!
That’s awful!
I always said to my partner I accepted that choosing to breastfeed meant bedtimes etc were on me, but to not even offer you a drink (or presumably any bbq food!) is awful behaviour!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.