Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
You know how I just said I fancied another baby? Tommy lying on me in the bath, hasn’t shit in a few days. Discovered he can use my tits for football practice, using one nip as a lever to get his angle right and the other the ball. Suddenly stops and goes red and silent, we are both too cooked and slippery to react in time.

WHAM, BAM THANK YOU MAAM.

Projectile shit all over and because I’m quite roly these days it’s in all me hammy, clammy crevices.

OH comes in and I’m borking screeching at him to save me, but he near passes out in silent tears and I’m on me own. Tommy meanwhile? Happy as a pig in (his own) shit. Goes back to kicking my now faecal stained tits.

Stop this world I want off. And possibly to join that cult after all 😭🤢🙈😆

• Haha
Reactions: 28

bepobee

Need to have (semi) relationship crisis talks with OH this weekend as we aren't in a good place. Currently sat writing my thoughts down on my notes and getting myself upset at the realisation of some of it 😔

I've come off the anti depressants I was taking for a few weeks after birth as I didn't really like how sort of numb they made me feel. I also had a few counselling sessions where the lady I saw helped me realise how normal a lot of my thoughts and feelings were / are after having a baby. Whilst that was helpful to hear it also wasn't in a way, as the change in myself obviously isn't my "normal", if that makes any sense at all? But I get it comes with the territory of being a new mum.

Sorry no real point to this post. Just need to get things out of my head and don't have anyone to talk to in real life.
Also want to apologise that all I ever do is come here for advice or a moan. Wish I could offer advice back or join in the fun but you guys really keep me entertained and I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Dreamer*

Hi :)

I’ve been shamefully lurking on this thread since my daughter was born 5 weeks ago and thought it was time I actually said something. Reading your ladies conversations have made me feel less alone as I’ve been finding it so tough! You’re all hilarious as well and I’ve laughed out loud so many times haha

I can’t believe no one tells you that babies may not like their cot! I feel like such a failure that she won’t sleep in it :( her eyes ping open every time I put her down!

Crazy talk about sun cream- I’m terrified if the sun touches babies face through a window 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 23

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Realised today I live with an actual child. A 28 year old one.

Getting ready to go out this morning. Mr Rita of course enjoyed a relaxing shower while I looked after the baby. I had a 30 second one while the baby screamed at me. I said I just need to change her nappy, get her dressed and get her bag sorted before we go. He said ok - I’m just doing this.

Naively I thought he was doing something important or something quick and he would come to help afterwards. I’m sweating my actual tits off trying to get her organised and make sure I have everything in the bag. He still doesn’t come downstairs after we’re ready and she is in the car seat. So I went to see what he’s doing and he’s genuinely sat playing on his Xbox???? I said wtf are you doing? He said oh you were faffing around…

YEAH getting the baby sorted and I would have been quicker if you’d helped me? He said oh well I didn’t know you wanted help.

Give me strength.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

Trombolese

Chatty Member
It’s still absolutely boiling here and baby T was getting angry and not feeding, so I put on our swimming stuff and thought a 10 minute dip in the pool would help cool him down enough for him to feed properly. I was on my knees in the pool holding the baby, and then I started to do a slow motion fall and yelling to Mr T “GRAB THE BABY” because I obviously had no arms free to stop myself, and he just stood there like a gorm. Basically, I had to do some kind of shit James Bond role onto my back and I ended up completely submerged under the water because I was holding the baby up above it 🙃 I think I was still shouting to grab the baby with my head under water fml 😂 todays going well 💀

I’m traumatised but Atleast the baby is now feeding and will hopefully nap 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

onlyheretoorbit

VIP Member
Outside temp has finally dipped below 30 so I popped in to open the window in baby os room - rolled the blind up and forgot I’m naked. Tits swinging in the breeze while I wrestle with the handle. Soz neighbours.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

jackolantern

VIP Member
In a right fucking arse. Friend from work asked how Tommy was and then said I would have to start CIO or we won’t ever properly sleep.

No we likely won’t, but we’ve made our choice based on what we feel is right and it is NONE of your fucking business. I’m sick to shit of people telling me we are coddling him.

Holding my distressed baby isn’t coddling and even if it is, so bloody what. How exactly is it affecting you?

Why does everyone think they have the right to tell you how to parent. I wouldn’t have the audacity to tell her how to raise her kid so boot the fuck out 😡😡😡😡😡

• Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

bottombanana

I need opinions, am I the KW or is my husband. We had a bbq today and afterwards we put a log in the fire pit and melted marshmallows with our toddler. We were originally making s’mores, I had one then we made one for toddler but he said he didn’t want it and just wanted to make melted marshmallows so I ate the one we made for toddler whilst he did a marshmallow with his dad. I don’t remember what happened next but my toddler ended up asking for a s’more and my husband said “better make it and eat it quickly or mummy will eat it”. I know he meant it as a joke and if he wasn’t always making comments like that I would take it as such but he’s always making comments like it. For example: after I’d just had the toddler and my wedding ring didn’t fit he said I “couldn’t possibly have gotten any fatter” (I’d had severe pre-eclampsia and a really traumatic birth), if I eat a biscuit he says “better have one now before you eat them all”, if I eat an ice lolly he “better have one before youve had them all”. So I told him to stop saying it because he'd “give me a complex” and that he always says it, he asked for examples so I gave them to him and he denied them so I told him to go fuck himself and walked off. We haven’t spoken since and I know he thinks I should apologise for telling him to fuck himself.
With my toddler is lost all the baby weight and more by 9 months because he was a relatively easy baby and I had the time to focus on exercise but Eden is so difficult that the first 6 months was just survival. Once he hit 6 months I managed to focus on exercising 5-7x a week and eating properly and have managed to lose 90% of the baby weight but I’m still not happy with the way I look so comments, especially repeated comments, make me a little sensitive

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry

LongishCat

VIP Member
Think I've reached breaking point this morning.
Been ill since Thursday, never felt this ill.
Partner had to go back to work Friday so I had the kids by myself all day and might Friday Saturday and until bed time yesterday.
He's off today.
I still don't feel any better.

Got both a thickly cough and a chesty cough which is great when trying to sleep 🙃

Everleigh didn't wake up until 5.30 this morning but he fully ignored her. So I brought her back into our bed hoping he'd get up.
He asked how I slept, I said I hardly slept. He said "Oh, I slept quite well actually"
then turns over and goes back to sleep 🙃
Oh and then he's decided he's going fishing today and tomorrow morning too 🙃

it's bad enough normally
But I've constantly told him how crap I feel to the point I was literally crying to him.
😩😩
@WhatABore Tbh, I think you'd be better off without him. It's insane how he's so unsupportive and just a huge dick in general.
I know I don't really "know" you, but I feel like I do. You are such an amazing person and mom. He doesn't deserve you at all. One day of him saying he loves you all the time does not make up for all the shit and stress he's causing you. You are worthy of being loved, of getting support. Please don't let anyone make you feel otherwise!
Let him go fishing, pack his bags, put them outside and change the locks. He can go back to his mom, we'll see how much she likes having a grown baby at home.
Honestly, everytime you post about your KW, my blood boils. How are there still men who act this way? Wtaf?!

• Heart

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
I need a rant. Knobwaffle waltzed in late from work. He’s doing a bbq for the kids and neighbours. He’s outside, drinks to hand, enjoying the company of others and being around the kids….
Me? I’ve been stuck upstairs trying to get baby settled for over an hour. She won’t get off my boob but she’s asleep (she’s 12 weeks old) in the hottest room of the house. I feel physically sick and he’s not answering his phone. Not even come to check on me once. I’m so furious that he gets to be the ‘fun’ dad, they are all playing in the pool that I filled up. while I’ve been doing all the housework in this heat as well as keeping the kids happy and entertained.
I’m so mad I can’t find the words to express just how infuriating he is.

• Heart
  • Sad

bottombanana

So both me and the 4yo have Glandular Fever 😑
Which is why I've felt so awful the past week! 😑
Yay.
fuck! Will your partner finally lug his weight around the house or has mummy told him that her heart stopped beating and she was in the morgue but her spirit was still looking after the kids while his dad was scratching his balls?

ETA: maybe slightly uncalled for but it just makes my blood boil that he isn’t helping you at all!!

• Haha
I’ve buckled and booked an air conditioned hotel room for tonight. Me, dog and baby will be rocking up like the Beverly hillbillies this afternoon

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

WhatABore

VIP Member
So both me and the 4yo have Glandular Fever 😑
Which is why I've felt so awful the past week! 😑
Yay.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

jackolantern

VIP Member
Over the past two days Tommy has discovered his voice and won’t stop cooing, it’s the cutest thing in the world 😭😭😭 It’s making me want another baby and lord knows I’d sooner join Mansons cult than that happen

• Haha
  • Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
4yo rarely gets out of bed at night but last night, around 3am, she opens my bedroom door and just goes "It's boring being asleep. That's why I'm just bored"
And then she leaves and goes back to bed 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Why oh why did I feed the baby a purée that had cauliflower in it 🤮 It stank when I opened it, she stank after I fed her and she’s now sat on the carpet letting out so many farts she sounds like a machine gun

• Haha

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
Knobwaffle rant incoming 🚨

Hes working from home today and had pissed me off by 9am 🙄 He couldn’t find one of his pairs of work trousers yesterday morning, was flapping around moaning at me that I must have moved them. I told him they’d been washed and hung on a hanger to dry so would be back in the wardrobe. Nope not there. He checked the other places I suggested, still couldn’t find them.

Twice last night he asked me if I’d found them yet. Told him I was busy looking after the baby and to look again himself.

This morning he asked me about them AGAIN so I went upstairs, opened the wardrobe and of course there they were. He then started going on about how I hadn’t told him to look in the wardrobe?? I called him an idiot (because why would you need to be told to look in the wardrobe for your clothes ffs) and he went off on one about how I'm starting an argument over nothing.

I find him exhausting 80% of the time at the moment. He’s a great dad to baby G but a crap parter at times. I prefer it when he’s bloody at work!

• Heart