New baby and post birth advice #26 Sweaty overcooked gammon babies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi :)

I’ve been shamefully lurking on this thread since my daughter was born 5 weeks ago and thought it was time I actually said something. Reading your ladies conversations have made me feel less alone as I’ve been finding it so tough! You’re all hilarious as well and I’ve laughed out loud so many times haha

I can’t believe no one tells you that babies may not like their cot! I feel like such a failure that she won’t sleep in it :( her eyes ping open every time I put her down!

Crazy talk about sun cream- I’m terrified if the sun touches babies face through a window 🙈
Welcome! Our little ones are the same age, hope you're doing ok ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I read this as smells and I was wondering what prior dealings you’d had with the dark lords armpit to be able to identify it on smell alone 🤣🤣🤣
I imagine the smell of the nappy bin I didn’t know my knobwaffle was still using came pretty close earlier 😂😂

I’ve just checked our room as well and it’s 29 degrees, temperature like satans butthole

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I read this as smells and I was wondering what prior dealings you’d had with the dark lords armpit to be able to identify it on smell alone 🤣🤣🤣
Same! But then I understood as baby could’ve done a tit and stunk the room out. It wasn’t until I read this that I actually realised it was feels 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Soooooo after spending the last two days rolling about like a lunatic, we’ve finally reached the ‘stomach sleeping’ stage. Popped her in bed, went for a wee and when I checked the monitor she was on her front 😵💫

I never understood the fear you guys always talked about but lord Jesus I get it. My first instinct was to roll her over but it’ll wake her up. I’ve peeked in on her and she’s breathing - luckily she turned her head to face the camera 😐

Is this my life now? I don’t like it 😂
I always turn baby back onto her back but she turns straight back onto her belly 😂🙈

Reactions: 1
I imagine the smell of the nappy bin I didn’t know my knobwaffle was still using came pretty close earlier 😂😂

I’ve just checked our room as well and it’s 29 degrees, temperature like satans butthole
Up close and personal with Satans armpit and butthole, mind you’re a kinky witch 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@orange club biscuit BabyMe had conjunctivitis last week, his eyes were awful. I found breastmilk helped “de-gum” his eyes when he woke up in the morning better than water. I dropped some on, and left it and it seemed to unglue him well. Ours was viral conj. so it went away on its own thankfully, as getting drops or the gel on them can be tricky! Hope it clears quickly as it’s not nice seeing all the gunk!
Ahh poor thing! How is he doing now? And is it tomorrow you’re travelling home? Baby biscuit keeps rubbing her eyes which I am sure isn’t helping but it looks so sore and itchy ☹ and she is clinging to me and feeding like a newborn too 😫 Can’t wait for this week to be over!

Angry gammon babies though 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
My baby always does 1-2 poos a day but hasn’t pooed for 3 days now and his farts are becoming deadly. (We almost cleared Morrisons out earlier- how can a sweet little baby bum smell so bad). I’m planning on driving to my mums in Devon with him early tomorrow as we don’t see KW in the week due to his working hours anyway.

Dreading the long drive as it is but he’s going to do a 3 day weaning tit all up the car seat tomorrow morning just to make my service station stop over in 36 degree heat more enjoyable isn’t he 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11

I’ve been shamefully lurking on this thread since my daughter was born 5 weeks ago and thought it was time I actually said something. Reading your ladies conversations have made me feel less alone as I’ve been finding it so tough! You’re all hilarious as well and I’ve laughed out loud so many times haha

I can’t believe no one tells you that babies may not like their cot! I feel like such a failure that she won’t sleep in it :( her eyes ping open every time I put her down!

Crazy talk about sun cream- I’m terrified if the sun touches babies face through a window 🙈
I didn’t even bother putting a cot up this time - everyone I know says their next2mes just become expensive bedside tables and my eldest never slept anywhere except my bed anyway 🙃

Reactions: 2
New thread woohoo!!

Sweaty baby gammon over here as well.
Dreading the next two days 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵

• Heart

Welcome! I have lots of experience of not using a cot 🙈 my eldest didn’t like it, so the next babies just never even bothered putting them in. Are you cosleeping with her instead? Are you happy enough with that? (Present sticky heat situation excepted!)
It can be so bloody hard with a baby. Nobody really tells you that either. They tell you it’s hard having no sleep, but actually I’ve always found the fact that it consumes every second of your day and night, never giving you a single moment alone, to be the hardest part. Definitely hang round here, these ladies are the best ❤

Ahh poor thing! How is he doing now? And is it tomorrow you’re travelling home? Baby biscuit keeps rubbing her eyes which I am sure isn’t helping but it looks so sore and itchy ☹ and she is clinging to me and feeding like a newborn too 😫 Can’t wait for this week to be over!

Angry gammon babies though 🤣🤣🤣
His lasted about a week, one of the longest bouts we have ever had. He screamed getting his eyes cleaned, really hated it. And as you say kept scratching and rubbing at them. So miserable for them ❤

My Mum is another that doesn't believe in suncream.
She's 57. Was there something during those years about suncream or something?
She's had warning about moles and stuff because she's had to go in to get a few checked but she still doesn't listen and as soon as the sun is shining, she's out in the garden sunbathing
So funny all your mums are the same - but my dad is the total opposite. He is FANATICAL about suncream, I always joke if he could load it in to a backpack sprayer (like for weed killer) he would do that and spray us all down anytime the temp was over 10°C 🤣 as kids we were lathered!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn’t even bother putting a cot up this time - everyone I know says their next2mes just become expensive bedside tables and my eldest never slept anywhere except my bed anyway 🙃
Our next to me is still in the plastic wrap and is used as a washing basket 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I need opinions, am I the KW or is my husband. We had a bbq today and afterwards we put a log in the fire pit and melted marshmallows with our toddler. We were originally making s’mores, I had one then we made one for toddler but he said he didn’t want it and just wanted to make melted marshmallows so I ate the one we made for toddler whilst he did a marshmallow with his dad. I don’t remember what happened next but my toddler ended up asking for a s’more and my husband said “better make it and eat it quickly or mummy will eat it”. I know he meant it as a joke and if he wasn’t always making comments like that I would take it as such but he’s always making comments like it. For example: after I’d just had the toddler and my wedding ring didn’t fit he said I “couldn’t possibly have gotten any fatter” (I’d had severe pre-eclampsia and a really traumatic birth), if I eat a biscuit he says “better have one now before you eat them all”, if I eat an ice lolly he “better have one before youve had them all”. So I told him to stop saying it because he'd “give me a complex” and that he always says it, he asked for examples so I gave them to him and he denied them so I told him to go duck himself and walked off. We haven’t spoken since and I know he thinks I should apologise for telling him to duck himself.
With my toddler is lost all the baby weight and more by 9 months because he was a relatively easy baby and I had the time to focus on exercise but Eden is so difficult that the first 6 months was just survival. Once he hit 6 months I managed to focus on exercising 5-7x a week and eating properly and have managed to lose 90% of the baby weight but I’m still not happy with the way I look so comments, especially repeated comments, make me a little sensitive

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I need opinions, am I the KW or is my husband. We had a bbq today and afterwards we put a log in the fire pit and melted marshmallows with our toddler. We were originally making s’mores, I had one then we made one for toddler but he said he didn’t want it and just wanted to make melted marshmallows so I ate the one we made for toddler whilst he did a marshmallow with his dad. I don’t remember what happened next but my toddler ended up asking for a s’more and my husband said “better make it and eat it quickly or mummy will eat it”. I know he meant it as a joke and if he wasn’t always making comments like that I would take it as such but he’s always making comments like it. For example: after I’d just had the toddler and my wedding ring didn’t fit he said I “couldn’t possibly have gotten any fatter” (I’d had severe pre-eclampsia and a really traumatic birth), if I eat a biscuit he says “better have one now before you eat them all”, if I eat an ice lolly he “better have one before youve had them all”. So I told him to stop saying it because he'd “give me a complex” and that he always says it, he asked for examples so I gave them to him and he denied them so I told him to go duck himself and walked off. We haven’t spoken since and I know he thinks I should apologise for telling him to duck himself.
With my toddler is lost all the baby weight and more by 9 months because he was a relatively easy baby and I had the time to focus on exercise but Eden is so difficult that the first 6 months was just survival. Once he hit 6 months I managed to focus on exercising 5-7x a week and eating properly and have managed to lose 90% of the baby weight but I’m still not happy with the way I look so comments, especially repeated comments, make me a little sensitive
He's totally the absolute biggest knobwaffle to roam this earth!!!

Reactions: 13
I think he needs to apologise to YOU. I’d have said far worse to him. How cruel and insensitive. Start making comments about him having a small dick and then see how he feels. I hope you’re OK ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He’s the knobwaffle! You never ever make comments on a woman’s body like that - well anyones but especially someone whose just given birth!
Bet he’d hate it if you said something about his body/eating!

Reactions: 10
GTFOH mr Banana!!! Or I will eat you myself
All these KWs are making me so cross!!

Reactions: 9

You're not a failure! Babies are just weird. Some sleep in their cot, others prefer sleeping in a sling, and other could probably even fall asleep in a drawer 😅
But that doesn't tell us anything about you. From this post alone I can see that you're a loving and caring mother who only wants the best for her baby.
You are the best mom for your baby! ❤
Also, welcome! Motherhood is a wild ride, but we're here to help you get through it!

Soooooo after spending the last two days rolling about like a lunatic, we’ve finally reached the ‘stomach sleeping’ stage. Popped her in bed, went for a wee and when I checked the monitor she was on her front 😵💫

I never understood the fear you guys always talked about but lord Jesus I get it. My first instinct was to roll her over but it’ll wake her up. I’ve peeked in on her and she’s breathing - luckily she turned her head to face the camera 😐

Is this my life now? I don’t like it 😂
Bad mom alert, Kitten loves sleeping on her stomach as well and I haven't been worried about that at all 😅 I'm also a stomach sleeper though, so maybe that's why :p She also only started doing it when she could roll over and back and she doesn't faceplant, so that helps.
I might just be weird though, because I've never cried when she gets vaccins either 😅

Kitten has finally learned how to crawl forward! She looks like a seal on land though, it's hilarious 😂

Reactions: 6
Nah I’m done with this heat. Trying to put babies to bed in a furnace is not fun is it 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.