New baby and post birth advice #23 Too hot to parent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The real LongishCat went to the vet this morning because of her obsessive scratching. The vet thinks she might have overstimulated nerve ends, or something like that. Apparently it's something humans can have to. Some sort of phantom itchiness. He gave her an injection that should help 🤞

We went to see my inlaws and afterwards my parents today. It was quite nice, but the heat is something else 😳 Hope Kitten will sleep better tonight. First full night in her own room, wish us luck!
Kitten is currently sleeping in only a sleeveless baby vest (and nappy ofcourse 😅).
Oooh I have a constant itch on my back, maybe that’s what it is 🧐🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My under boobs are sweating and my hair is going to be shaved off Britney style if it doesn’t get any cooler 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It's still only 17 in my fridge house, happy to accomodate you all in exchange for you taking turns to babysit my devil child :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Well we survived a 10.5 hour car journey with toddler and 11 week old yesterday, they were actually both amazing! But obviously a pretty disturbed sleep as they'd had to spend their whole day sitting in a car.

Reactions: 6
I am so impressed that so many of you survive long car journeys with kids. Yesterday our three hour journey became a six hour journey as we had to stop so bloody much

Reactions: 5
M

did any one listen to her chest? What is the antihistamine liquid for!?
No it was over the phone 😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ The anti histamine is in case she’s had a reaction but she slept all night with out making the wheezy noise so I’m thinking it’s an annoying new noise. It’s like she’s sucking in air and her throat makes a weird sound 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

Would like to nominate my partner for knobwaffle of the week. Promised me I would get a long lie today (first in ageeeees) and won't get one tomorrow because I'm working 12 hours from 8-8. But who ended up so smashed last night that he didn't come to bed till 3am (hannah gets up at 6am on the dot), so guess who, yet again, is being the only parent 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
[
No it was over the phone 😂🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️ The anti histamine is in case she’s had a reaction but she slept all night with out making the wheezy noise so I’m thinking it’s an annoying new noise. It’s like she’s sucking in air and her throat makes a weird sound 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
was it chlorphenamine? I remember I took baby W to the GP as she was taking deep breaths, turns out she was just exploring her breathing 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I can see 2 tiny little teeth poking through t1s bottom gum 🥲. Who knew tiny teeth were so sharp

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m in awe of the car journeys! A fifteen minute journey sets my teeth on edge, as BabyMe still cries in the car. An hour is absolute maximum for us and that’s at nap time.

Also my child is HOOKED on miss Rachel, she's never like this with the TV 🤣 5 mins peace to have a cup of tea omg

No early morning parties here 🥳 however I did remember at 7.45 that I forgot to make bottles last night and she feeds at 8 so there’s been tears this morning while I try to will the kettle to cool down faster 🥴

Can anyone explain to me why my child suddenly won’t nap in her cot? She’s been fine for weeks but now she just fights it - yesterday we were up there over an hour before I gave up and brought her downstairs. She’ll sleep on my lap, on the sofa next to me, in the pushchair (if it’s moving), in the car seat (if it’s moving), on the floor at playgroup 🤷🏻‍♀️ anywhere but the pissing cot 😐

Reactions: 3
[

was it chlorphenamine? I remember I took baby W to the GP as she was taking deep breaths, turns out she was just exploring her breathing 🙄
Yeah that’s the one. We do have an actual go apt today as she’s still doing it but I don’t think there’s anything wrong as she was quiet as a mouse when she slept 😂 but best to check hey

• Heart
As we got into the car, I said to kid bean ‘ah, don’t worry, it won’t be as long as Manchester’ 🫠🫠 jinxed myself
They were all really well behaved, and didn’t complain too much. I think it helped because they were able to get out of their seats while we were in standstill
Hoping it’s more relaxing too. Can’t deal with the stress 😂😂

MIL is also here, so if he doesn’t, kids are getting lumbered on to her 😂 even though she has the big 2 boys sleeping with her 😂
Honestly, like not having a hair cut is the worst thing? I’ve gone nearly 10 weeks with not getting mine done, because I just don’t have the time. And it’s always ‘can you let me know when you can have them so I can go’ where as his is ‘getting my hair cut after work’ 🙃
Can relate to the hair cut thing - mine spends 2 HOURS in the barbers and it drives me insane! He's more pampered than me - he gets his hair done every 2 weeks, sun beds on the regular, gets his eyebrows threaded, sports massages, etc. Drives me insane, to be a man!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I know I moaned about this last week too but ughhh I HATE weekends 😩 I just feel so stressed out, and so stretched. Today, for example, I was in the shower at 8am, then running round getting everything sorted to get the babe a sleep at 9am, I have to stay with him the whole time so that’s me stuck until 10.30, then I have to go straight to a party with my eldest and we won’t be home until around 2 (it’s half an hour away as 2.5hrs long), then another sleep for the baby, then another party for the eldest then home and do dinner, and by then it’s 6pm. And I still need to do all the housework, baths and bed times. And tomorrow is the same sort of thing. I just feel like I never get five minutes to sit down and enjoy the weekend, I’m always having to rush around and im just so fed up. I really dread weekends coming.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can relate to the hair cut thing - mine spends 2 HOURS in the barbers and it drives me insane! He's more pampered than me - he gets his hair done every 2 weeks, sun beds on the regular, gets his eyebrows threaded, sports massages, etc. Drives me insane, to be a man!
tit me he has more beauty treatments then me.
Well I don’t have any 😂 probably why I look a wreck lol 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yeah that’s the one. We do have an actual go apt today as she’s still doing it but I don’t think there’s anything wrong as she was quiet as a mouse when she slept 😂 but best to check hey
I know she’s a good sleeper but makes them really sleepy, no wonder she slept all night 🤣 good luck for the gp appt hopefully she’s also just exploring what happens when she holds her breath!

Well we survived a 10.5 hour car journey with toddler and 11 week old yesterday, they were actually both amazing! But obviously a pretty disturbed sleep as they'd had to spend their whole day sitting in a car.
10.5! I hope you’re in Europe! 😂

I want to be mr miaaaa! I manage 5 mins showers and a slick back mum bun. I even noticed a lovely little ‘tache the other day, have I done anything about it? No 😆

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
No early morning parties here 🥳 however I did remember at 7.45 that I forgot to make bottles last night and she feeds at 8 so there’s been tears this morning while I try to will the kettle to cool down faster 🥴

Can anyone explain to me why my child suddenly won’t nap in her cot? She’s been fine for weeks but now she just fights it - yesterday we were up there over an hour before I gave up and brought her downstairs. She’ll sleep on my lap, on the sofa next to me, in the pushchair (if it’s moving), in the car seat (if it’s moving), on the floor at playgroup 🤷🏻‍♀️ anywhere but the pissing cot 😐
We have never been able to master naps in a cot.
3 kids in and don't understand how people do it 😂

• Haha
Hoping to draw on your collective wisdom please! Baby is 10 days old today, exclusively breastfed (so far!). He gets hiccups a lot though. It doesn't seem to massively upset him although they do wake him or stop him falling asleep. I've tried feeding him slightly more upright, winding him (he is quite windy but responds well) and we've tried a dummy too. The health visitor is coming on Monday so I can ask her but is this just normal and will pass or is it actually something I should be concerned about? It's so hard to know. 🙈

• Heart
Hoping to draw on your collective wisdom please! Baby is 10 days old today, exclusively breastfed (so far!). He gets hiccups a lot though. It doesn't seem to massively upset him although they do wake him or stop him falling asleep. I've tried feeding him slightly more upright, winding him (he is quite windy but responds well) and we've tried a dummy too. The health visitor is coming on Monday so I can ask her but is this just normal and will pass or is it actually something I should be concerned about? It's so hard to know. 🙈
baby T is 4 months old and still gets hiccups all the time 😂 luckily baby hiccups are really cute. He’s also exclusively breastfed. As you’ve said it doesn’t really seem to bother him, and it sounds like you’re doing everything right. Burping and keeping them upright for a bit usually helps, I read some stuff online about it and it says you can feed them whilst they have hiccups so I try that after burping him and they usually then go. If you’re worried though then it’s always best to mention it☺

10 days old already! How are you feeling?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.