New baby and post birth advice #23 Too hot to parent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else feeling paranoid about their babies sleeping in this heat? According to the baby monitor, our room is 28 degrees even with the windows open and a fan on. I keep going and checking on her because she’s hardly moved 😭

She’s in a nappy and her 0.5 tog bag, which I’ve just unzipped and opened up but it’s just soooo warm
Yesss! Its not even usually something I stress about but I put him to bed and the room thermometer said 24 degrees so I thought cool, he should still be okay in his short sleeve vest and 1 tog sleeping bag and I’ve just sat downstairs and watched the room temp creep up to 26 and now wishing I’d removed the vest 🙃🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Same here. An epic nap at 5pm I just left him as be was in such a state before 😓
Wprried about what to do tonight because it’s meant to cool down a fair bit according to my weather app and be 14 degrees by the morning I would hate to under dress him so he ends up cold in the morning 😓
He will wake If he is too cold ❤ And always better a bit too cool than over heating for a baby. Even if weather outside cools a lot the house will most likely still be warm in the morning

Same 😭 7 months this week and dipping into 9-12 vests

Over the moon today to have found ONE real nursing bra that fits!! Makes me look like I've lost 2 stone now they're not round my waist. Have another million to send back though, it's been a real saga. Top end of the letter bras are a bloody misery to sort in general, add nursing to the mix and you're looking for a needle in a haystack.
Which one have you gone for? I need to get fitted and invest atm I’m just wearing primark sports bras and I definitely feel like they’re starting to sag!

The real LongishCat went to the vet this morning because of her obsessive scratching. The vet thinks she might have overstimulated nerve ends, or something like that. Apparently it's something humans can have to. Some sort of phantom itchiness. He gave her an injection that should help 🤞

We went to see my inlaws and afterwards my parents today. It was quite nice, but the heat is something else 😳 Hope Kitten will sleep better tonight. First full night in her own room, wish us luck!
Kitten is currently sleeping in only a sleeveless baby vest (and nappy ofcourse 😅).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve got BabyShark in a footless sleepsuit, we have the fan on in the bedroom, I’ll just pop a blanket on if she gets chilly, but our house is like a sauna !

Reactions: 2
Well we’ve been given some anti histamine liquid. Not really sure what the wheezy noise is.
Knowing her, it’s some new annoying noise she’s discovered but you can’t be too sure 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Poor dip and dab are in just a nappy their room thermometer said 29c earlier.
We tried to frozen bottle of water in front of a fan tik tok hack. That really works! Brought it down to 26/27. Worth a try if anyones rooms are getting too warm this evening

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Poor dip and dab are in just a nappy their room thermometer said 29c earlier.
We tried to frozen bottle of water in front of a fan tik tok hack. That really works! Brought it down to 26/27. Worth a try if anyones rooms are getting too warm this evening
I put a massive bowl of ice in front of our fan and it did nothing 😂

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I made the mistake earlier of putting Everleigh in the paddling pool with a nappy still on.
Wow! They can swell up 😂
She stood up and I was thinking. Why is your butt so huge?! Then I remembered I'd left it on. Poor girl couldn't even stand up properly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well, what a day…
Came to knobwaffles sisters today (2.5hr drive)
He went off to football last night and hadn’t had anything packed. Also went to work this morning AND got his hair cut, while I was trying to work also and pack and make sure the cat had everything packed…
I washed up the baby’s bottles from last night and this morning and stuck them in the microwave to sterilise to take
Went upstairs to finish getting ready and packed (knobwaffle was home at this point, having a leisurely shower). Came down stairs and toddler B has drawn on all the cupboards. Fuming. Anyway, there was a funny smell. Had no idea what it was, thought it was coming from outside. Went to take the bottles out of the microwave, and they had MELTED because the bloody toddler had climbed on his stall and put the microwave on 😭😭😭
Anyway, finally left about 2, it said it was just under 3 hours. Got to the motorway. Standstill traffic for an hour and a half. Baby was perfect 😭 took 6 hours. I’m tired. Kid bean and toddler bean are still awake.
Kill me now

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Well, what a day…
He went off to football last night and hadn’t had anything packed. Also went to work this morning AND got his hair cut, while I was trying to work also and pack and make sure the cat had everything packed…
I washed up the baby’s bottles from last night and this morning and stuck them in the microwave to sterilise to take
Went upstairs to finish getting ready and packed (knobwaffle was home at this point, having a leisurely shower). Came down stairs and toddler B has drawn on all the cupboards. Fuming. Anyway, there was a funny smell. Had no idea what it was, thought it was coming from outside. Went to take the bottles out of the microwave, and they had MELTED because the bloody toddler had climbed on his stall and put the microwave on 😭😭😭
Anyway, finally left about 2, it said it was just under 3 hours. Got to the motorway. Standstill traffic for an hour and a half. Baby was perfect 😭 took 6 hours. I’m tired. Kid bean and toddler bean are still awake.
Kill me now
What a day!!! You poor thing.

• Heart
Baby G has gone to bed in just a nappy. I kept the blinds almost fully closed in our bedroom, with all the windows open, all day today and it still hit 30 in here this afternoon. Can’t wait for it to cool down tomorrow!

Well, what a day…
Kill me now
even reading this stressed me out 😵 travelling with kids is just too much hard work. When we did a 3 hour drive for our holiday last week my anxiety was through the roof and the baby was actually so good, I would probably die if I had to transport a toddler and other children too. Hope the rest of your trip is more relaxing and your knobwaffle helps out!

• Heart
Well, what a day…
Kill me now
Oh god that sounds exhausting, Mr B needs to step it up tomorrow.

What is it with them and hair cuts? Mine moaned today “I can’t be bothered to go today it’s too hot, but if you’re going out tomorrow and it’s shut Sunday does that mean I won’t be able to get my hair cut until next week?” Well yes, if you don’t want to go today and can’t go tomorrow then surely you should have had it done one of the other days in the week where you had sod all else going on?! 🙄

Reactions: 5
even reading this stressed me out 😵 travelling with kids is just too much hard work. When we did a 3 hour drive for our holiday last week my anxiety was through the roof and the baby was actually so good, I would probably die if I had to transport a toddler and other children too. Hope the rest of your trip is more relaxing and your knobwaffle helps out!
As we got into the car, I said to kid bean ‘ah, don’t worry, it won’t be as long as Manchester’ 🫠🫠 jinxed myself
They were all really well behaved, and didn’t complain too much. I think it helped because they were able to get out of their seats while we were in standstill
Hoping it’s more relaxing too. Can’t deal with the stress 😂😂

Oh god that sounds exhausting, Mr B needs to step it up tomorrow.

What is it with them and hair cuts? Mine moaned today “I can’t be bothered to go today it’s too hot, but if you’re going out tomorrow and it’s shut Sunday does that mean I won’t be able to get my hair cut until next week?” Well yes, if you don’t want to go today and can’t go tomorrow then surely you should have had it done one of the other days in the week where you had sod all else going on?! 🙄
MIL is also here, so if he doesn’t, kids are getting lumbered on to her 😂 even though she has the big 2 boys sleeping with her 😂
Honestly, like not having a hair cut is the worst thing? I’ve gone nearly 10 weeks with not getting mine done, because I just don’t have the time. And it’s always ‘can you let me know when you can have them so I can go’ where as his is ‘getting my hair cut after work’ 🙃

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.