New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know this is such a boring mum question and totally not our vibe on this thread, but what nappies do you all rate?
I particularly want to hear from you, if you too have a barnacle that feeds from you all the live long night.
Not particularly enjoying the 2/3/4am changes out of pissy bedding/sleepsuits anymore. 😴😴
I've tried the pampers 4+ the lidl premium ones and Pura and all utterly useless.
I’ve used most nappies I tried loads including the baboo ones from boots so I loved the premium aldi ones but they only go up to size 3 I didn’t like the Tesco own ones or rascal and friends they felt really plastic like. Morrisons we’re ok in the smaller size but the bigger sizes are very rough to touch so I have reverted back to pampers you can get 172 for £19 in Tesco using a club card it lasts me two months. I have tried the lidl ones didn’t rate them much either they kept leaking. The only ones I haven’t tried are the asda little angels I think they are called xx ps we tried the pull up ones but orange doesn’t have enough of a tummy to keep them up but all my friends rave about them x

Reactions: 3
You'd love the PlayFactore in Manchester. It has a big red slide, hours of fun for adults there😂
Oh my god we went there when we went to visit my stepson
I’ve never seen anything like it!

I give up. I just emailed Forthglade who make the dogs food to ask if it’s safe for human consumption because she keeps eating it. I didn’t even know there was specks on the floor. My interview at 11 is going to feel like a holiday!
Good luck 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1
I know this is such a boring mum question and totally not our vibe on this thread, but what nappies do you all rate?
I particularly want to hear from you, if you too have a barnacle that feeds from you all the live long night.
Not particularly enjoying the 2/3/4am changes out of pissy bedding/sleepsuits anymore. 😴😴
I've tried the pampers 4+ the lidl premium ones and Pura and all utterly useless.
I love the sainsburys ones. In 3 months he’s only leaked through twice and once was because I left his doodle pointing up :p

• Haha
Reactions: 4
None
He leaks through them all
Used to love aldi. They’re crap. Asdas are really plasticky, Morrisons he leaks. Got a bag of Lidl. Hoping they save the day. If not, I’m potty training him

• Haha
I do think it is trial and error but Sainsbury's tend to work well for us, and they worked well for our eldest too, might be worth a try?

i really like Sainsbury’s nappies at the moment, I was using Morrisons originally which were good but then he got really long and he started leaking in them all the time, I think it all depends on their shape. My baby drinks soooooo much milk in the evening though and falls asleep on the boob, so he does loads of wee’s during the night and I was waking up the next morning with him soaked, for some reason he will happily lay in piss soaked clothes without making a noise 🙃 I felt awful! I don’t remember who, but someone on here recommended putting a cloth nappy over the normal nappy at night and we haven’t had any leaks since.

Reactions: 2
Oh how exciting! Where are you going?

Honestly, don’t worry at all. I’ve never found any issues when travelling with little ones of any age. They love the hustle and bustle or airports and planes, and being away as well. I would say for the plane pack yourself a spare top as well as the normal spares for baby, as I’ve been vomited on on a plane before and didn’t have a spare (already used in the airport as he’d been sick then too!) and that was unpleasant. And don’t pack things that roll for the plane (balls, small cars, crayons). Also beware sippy cups as you take off the change in air pressure messes with them and they can suddenly start leaking.
Other than that, just go with the flow and all will be well!
Thank you, we are going to Greece so not too far away!
Amazing thank you for all of the above, he's still not great with sippy cups but I'm trying to persevere, although he likes to just throw them! Good shout on the spare clothes for me, I wouldn't have thought of that x

Sainsbury's. I can't recommend them highly enough

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I use sainsburys, never had any issues with leaks so far 🤞🏻

Hey everyone haven’t been on a few days nursery rang me orange had a reaction to strawberry jam a reaction was an understatement and her eye swelled shut no more berries for her! As for soft play I only use to take one toddler and I used to go in the play area with him a baby carrier maybe A good idea I don’t know how you do it swimming was so hard well the getting changed and dressed was lol x
Aw bubba, I hope she’s okay now! Food allergies are miserable.

Reactions: 1
I really like Mark and Spencer nappies. I'm not usually posh enough to shop in there but my step mum does and she grabbed some to have at her house and I really rate them. Don't think they're too expensive either! Certainly cheaper than pampers.

I managed to find a gluten free Chinese near me (not eaten Chinese in so long) and by some Christmas miracle hannah has slept and let me eat my leftovers from last night and I am in heaven 🤣🤣

Reactions: 7
Soft play is hell. Our kids get a go once a year if they’re lucky 🙈 I hate it with a fiery passion for all the reasons @bottombanana so eloquently outlined!

@Chickenandgravy Chinese 🤤🤤🤤 my dad always gets chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts which is gluten free everywhere we’ve been.

@Nursty we only use disposables at night but I use Tesco f&f. He feeds allll night and never usually leaks.

@LilyRose1234 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 delighted for you!! That is great news that a bit more sleep is happening!

@wakametango 2.0 best of luck today 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Heart
  • Haha
I really like Mark and Spencer nappies. I'm not usually posh enough to shop in there but my step mum does and she grabbed some to have at her house and I really rate them. Don't think they're too expensive either! Certainly cheaper than pampers.

I managed to find a gluten free Chinese near me (not eaten Chinese in so long) and by some Christmas miracle hannah has slept and let me eat my leftovers from last night and I am in heaven 🤣🤣
The m and s ones are good and also quite cheap I like them too I had loads from my Nan when orange was first born problem is not all sizes are stocked at my small m and s food hall. Nursery rang me just abs now she’s banged her head the stress and worry of nursery sometimes gives me massive mum guilt x

• Heart
The m and s ones are good and also quite cheap I like them too I had loads from my Nan when orange was first born problem is not all sizes are stocked at my small m and s food hall. Nursery rang me just abs now she’s banged her head the stress and worry of nursery sometimes gives me massive mum guilt x
I’ve found nursery can be very, I mean I don’t want to say OTT, but OTT. They obviously have to record everything and cover their backs, and it always comes from the right place but it doesn’t half put the fear of god into you! We hadn’t cut her nails properly and she scratched her nose while she was there, they had taken photos, filled in an accident report form and gave us copies. She had a spot on her face and they raised concerns about chicken pox etc, so try not to worry, they have to be absolutely zealous about reporting everything! Xxxx

• Heart
@Nursty We’ve always used sainsburys nappies too, never had any leaks. Someone bought us pampers when she was tiny and I liked the newborn ones but as soon as she went up a size I found they didn’t fit her as well.

@jackolantern there’s an adult ball pit bar in London, you’d love it 😂 Can confirm alcohol and ball pits are not a good combination though - I came out very bruised and my friend lost her shoe!

@I’mThankyou_ I got N-Dubz tickets this morning!! So bleeping excited 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve found nursery can be very, I mean I don’t want to say OTT, but OTT. They obviously have to record everything and cover their backs, and it always comes from the right place but it doesn’t half put the fear of god into you! We hadn’t cut her nails properly and she scratched her nose while she was there, they had taken photos, filled in an accident report form and gave us copies. She had a spot on her face and they raised concerns about chicken pox etc, so try not to worry, they have to be absolutely zealous about reporting everything! Xxxx
So after the jam incident they then told me hand foot and mouth is going around now today it’s a bang on the head I just sat and cried because I just feel so bad it’s a great nursery too like best rating in my county but god I feel so upset I know you’re right mr annoyed also said to me this morning let’s hope today we don’t get any calls ☹ The worry of being a parent is honestly so hard like for me worse than lack of sleep or tasks I have to do. I honestly don’t know what I did before with all my free time. Thank you for your message I know you’re right about nursery I just freak out every time the number comes up xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I sometimes genuinely wonder if Mr T is deliberately tit at baby stuff just so I end up doing it all 😂 this morning I was running late for the baby class I do, the baby was ready and dressed but I just asked him to change his nappy whilst I got dressed. I come downstairs ready to go, but he’s taken so long to change the nappy that baby T has wee’d everywhere, and then he’s found an outfit that’s clearly too small for him and dressed him in it🤔 when I asked him why he has changed the baby, he said he thought the baby was wearing pyjamas (he wasn’t). Now he’s saying he’s not going to try again in the future 🙄 why are men like this.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.